Powered by Outside

Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://24.media.tumblr.com/162a30c5cd5912afb13a078b890d46cd/tumblr_mie8itUQDq1rn2xmmo1_500.jpgSoo closed to finishing this landing/berm

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 18:26 Quote
Good progress Cole.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 19:23 Quote
proper trail Etiquette needs to be put out there for all groms to read and learn. its so bullshit going up to a set and seeing it all gromed up with wood set up for when they case and stuff like that. it drives me nuts.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 19:31 Quote
dylanvicente wrote:
proper trail Etiquette needs to be put out there for all groms to read and learn. its so bullshit going up to a set and seeing it all gromed up with wood set up for when they case and stuff like that. it drives me nuts.
Did they grom it up again already?

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 23:23 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
dylanvicente wrote:
Did they grom it up again already?

i havent looked i was about to go earlier but i was to scared.

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 0:51 Quote
dylanvicente wrote:

Nothing wrong with casing as long as you grab a shovel and fix it. it depends on the trails as to when that gets done/ Straight after, or at the end of the day when everything gets tidied up

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 3:33 Quote
I have major beef with people who case jumps and then either don't fix it or fix it shitty. Never before in my life have I seen somebody case and fix it decent. Noobs always with the shitty building skills casing jumps...

Worst is when they roll in, then pussy out and launch their 40lb DMR Drone up the take off and watch it clatter into the back of the landing...

Oh the beef Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 3:39 Quote
Between that ^^^ or people that say "Oh yeah let me know when its build and I'll ride it". Hence why I'm aiming to build stuff in the middle of nowhere and only the builders can ride it

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 4:55 Quote
If they physically dont have the skills to fix it i dont care, i go and show them and help them, they learn... BUT if they dont fix it then i get pissed

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 5:05 Quote
"Let me know when it's built and I'll come ride it"

"Let me know next time you clean your room and I'll come take a shit on your floor" Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 6:36 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
Between that ^^^ or people that say "Oh yeah let me know when its built and I'll ride it". Hence why I'm aiming to build stuff in the middle of nowhere and only the builders can ride it
Instant never-welcome-at-Goat-Path status. I hate that shit.

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
dylanvicente wrote:

Nothing wrong with casing as long as you grab a shovel and fix it. it depends on the trails as to when that gets done/ Straight after, or at the end of the day when everything gets tidied up

no they grommed up a wooden top to make the jump into a table.......

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:02 Quote
dylanvicente wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
dylanvicente wrote:

If it wasn't being used elsewhere I don't really see the problem - so long as they were genuinely trying to clear the jump and it was there for safety on the first few goes. Would be appreciated if they put it back afterwards though - instead of leaving you to do it. Blank Stare

I think most of the time the problem is that these groms never see the actual trailbuilders down there it actually doesn't occur to them that other people use the trails. Although some people are just genuine cretins that need to be drowned.

I'm tempted to leave a sign up saying "please don't climb on the jump", then a picture of the jump looking hagard with a big red X and next to it a picture of the jump looking sweet with a big green tick. Sounds obvious, but I wonder if these kids genuinely don't realise they're f*cking our shit up so badly...

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:05 Quote
tom666 wrote:
dylanvicente wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

If it wasn't being used elsewhere I don't really see the problem - so long as they were genuinely trying to clear the jump and it was there for safety on the first few goes. Would be appreciated if they put it back afterwards though - instead of leaving you to do it. Blank Stare

I think most of the time the problem is that these groms never see the actual trailbuilders down there it actually doesn't occur to them that other people use the trails. Although some people are just genuine cretins that need to be drowned.

I'm tempted to leave a sign up saying "please don't climb on the jump", then a picture of the jump looking hagard with a big red X and next to it a picture of the jump looking sweet with a big green tick. Sounds obvious, but I wonder if these kids genuinely don't realise they're f*cking our shit up so badly...

Get a deer skull, and a chain and lock, then hang a sign saying keep of the jumps

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054374
Mobile Version of Website