Powered by Outside

2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
The tubing is so thin walled and there is rumors of it getting hit and denting easier than other bikes... so he was seeing if he could get it to push in with his thumbs overlapped while gripping the tube.... Instead of new bike I should have said new dented frame...

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
The tubing is so thin walled and there is rumors of it getting hit and denting easier than other bikes... so he was seeing if he could get it to push in with his thumbs overlapped while gripping the tube.... Instead of new bike I should have said new dented frame...
i dont think you can dent any bike with your hand. retarded rumor

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
ok so it's been established that the tubing is far too thin....done

what about the suspension that trek cooked up?

bonti parts are still arguable....

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
dinkboy- Are you actually 8? Your "he said she said" arguments and ridiculous rumors really make me think you are...

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
killerkane wrote:

who the hell do you think you are? we'll be done when we want to be

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
killerkane wrote:

Suspension feels bottomless. ABP works reasonably well (who brakes during stutter bumps anyways...). Seems like they cooked up something pretty good. For it's intended purpose, race bike/pinner, I think they did really well.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
i bet shandro and vanderham would laugh their balls off reading this jibber-jabber

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
joefromthesoo wrote:
i bet shandro and vanderham would laugh their balls off reading this jibber-jabber
i no i am

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
I heard Sam Hill told Sam Blanky who told all of Ride Monkey that he has to get a new demo frame every race because he breaks them. Would the RM community lie? I think not.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
I heard Sam Hill told Sam Blanky who told all of Ride Monkey that he has to get a new demo frame every race because he breaks them. Would the RM community lie? I think not.
did he really?!?!?!?!
lmao

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
Vanderham never talked about bonti stuff he was talking about the performance of the bike...I was commenting on big earl components.
Next time you are next to a 88 tap your fingers nails on the tubing it sounds super thin so my buddy thought he could get the side wall to flex in... I don't think if it worked the kid who owned it would have been super stoked.. for how light the frame is by itself and the tubing is a very large diameter..... the rumor isn't as retarded as it sounds when your looking closely at the frame....

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
Vanderham never talked about bonti stuff he was talking about the performance of the bike...I was commenting on big earl components.
Next time you are next to a 88 tap your fingers nails on the tubing it sounds super thin so my buddy thought he could get the side wall to flex in... I don't think if it worked the kid who owned it would have been super stoked.. for how light the frame is by itself and the tubing is a very large diameter..... the rumor isn't as retarded as it sounds when your looking closely at the frame....
yo sherlock. It's made to be super light race steed. Ever done the same thing to a bike of similar caliber (Wilson or Soccom)? They do the exact same thing. Both frames dent easily. They are made with extra light tubing. How else would you plan on making a DH race frame under 10 lbs...
Thats weird that you heard Vanderham said the 88 didn't perform that well. HE RIDES FOR EVIL. Why would he hype up another companies bike.

Your making my night enjoyable. I'm putting my term paper on hold just to talk to yu. Feel special.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
No sh#t he rides for Evil. there's nothing your saying I don't get or haven't heard upteen times before. seems like you have Trek and bonti on the brain... screw anyone who feels differently......I get it.. We were building his new evil and just because you think the 88 is the best thing ever doesn't make it so... If I get info from someone who I trust their opinion I'm listening...He doesn't need to sell me on any bike he or anyone else is riding for....I make up my own decisions. and I respect those who have far more insight on how a bike rides than you or I will ever be able to understand.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
yo sherlock. It's made to be super light race steed. Ever done the same thing to a bike of similar caliber (Wilson or Soccom)? They do the exact same thing. Both frames dent easily. They are made with extra light tubing. How else would you plan on making a DH race frame under 10 lbs...
Thats weird that you heard Vanderham said the 88 didn't perform that well. HE RIDES FOR EVIL. Why would he hype up another companies bike.

Your making my night enjoyable. I'm putting my term paper on hold just to talk to yu. Feel special.
i know i feel special Geek

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
[Quote="clapforcanadaa"]dinkboy- Are you actually 8? Your "he said she said" arguments and ridiculous rumors really make me think you are...[/Quote
Cananadianwithclap who's been arguing? It seems you're the only one here with their panties in a bunch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007849
Mobile Version of Website