Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 4:10 Quote
I have my canyon spectral frame w/ cane creek dB inline rear shock for sale, check out my buysell for more info!

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 4:18 Quote
LaurentS wrote:
jaketurbo wrote:
LaurentS wrote:

Well what is the 75 pounds compensation for? For what fault on their part.

Making people wait months for a replacement part.
So for the shapeshifter issue then?
Because I have been waiting for 4 months for the SS replacement, and haven't been offered anything. If it is for that, I'll ask again!

Yes I would definitely after 4 motnhs get onto them and ask for some compensation, like I said if you don't ask you don't get Wink

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 4:59 Quote
Smak69 wrote:
Just saw this over at the German forum....

photo

Intresting.... Wink

I would be interested in that. Even if it was to act as replacement while I wait for the new one

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
LoganRory-314 wrote:
Smak69 wrote:
Just saw this over at the German forum....

photo

Intresting.... Wink

I would be interested in that. Even if it was to act as replacement while I wait for the new one

There is no need for this if you plan to replace the SS because you can lock it in DH mode anyways but it's good if you want to get rid of SS completely and you can save ~150 gramms.

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
All available from Canyon, I know coz I ordered it all. What you need is the following part numbers:

1 x A1012197 (Thats the adaptor to covert it to ISCG-05)
3 x A1012196 (The screws for it)

Once installed it looks like this:

photo
photo
photo
photo

bosnianrider wrote:
rocina wrote:
Unfortunately, they are wrong .
STRIVE is not iscg05.
check, please.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149137&pagenum=53
bosnianrider wrote:

According to reviews the new '15-'16 uses ISCG 05 but better to confirm it with Canyon.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/canyon-strive-cf-race-90-review.html

Then you need an adapter from Canyon or have one made...

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 at 15:59 Quote
Whoa. I have been waiting for 3 months for my SS replacement, with super shitty contact with Canyon. They are feeding me the "Shapeshifters are going to be here in 1-3 weeks" everytime I ask about it. I actually had to start messaging them on facebook to get a reply, and even then they said "we will look into the issue" just to ignore it for another 3 days until I sent them a very angry message. And they offered me 200 PLN, so 34 GBP, or a free bike service. What the actual f*ck. They are screwing people all over... Oh. And it's been two weeks since that last message. They didn't reply to the message I sent them back with some questions after they gave me that choice. And I still haven't seen a replacement for my SS. What the hell am I supposed to do? Should I straight up come to them asking for a bigger refund?

Seriously. For whats it worth - I cant recommend buying from Canyon. They will be very fast to respond if you have any questions BEFORE you buy the bike. But once it's sold and the 30 day return period is over... You are on your own. Don't expect any real customer service, because there will be none.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 1:48 Quote
Have a 2016 strive al on order with Provisional shipping date 14th March. Has anyone received a 2016 Strive yet?
Long wait as bike was ordered start of December.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 2:16 Quote
I un-boxed the bike and assembled it with my brother today. Took it around the estate and made some tuning adjustments. SS works as it was supposed to. The technique to load and unload your weight and the timing which you do it when activating the switch is something that needs practise and accuracy. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually very easy. Can't wait to spend more time with the bike this weekend.

2016 Strive CF 8.0 Race (L)

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 2:16 Quote
I am expecting Strive AL 6. at the 2nd week of February. Order placed 4.9.15.
I hope they make it in time.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 3:21 Quote
I have a two open orders for a Strive 6.0 Race. Original order was delayed from December to end of March so ordered the Jet Grey version when it appeared on website with earlier availability date.

Apparently it's due to be sent out this week or next but I'm not hopeful!

Would have preferred the factory colours but really need the bike by March.

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 3:28 Quote
Unfortunately, we are already doing so. But it has failed.
I wish the well-being of your brother's bike.
chiaster wrote:
I un-boxed the bike and assembled it with my brother today. Took it around the estate and made some tuning adjustments. SS works as it was supposed to. The technique to load and unload your weight and the timing which you do it when activating the switch is something that needs practise and accuracy. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually very easy. Can't wait to spend more time with the bike this weekend.

2016 Strive CF 8.0 Race (L)

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 3:31 Quote
You are very kind, Thank you for good information known.Smile
AdamBartonUK wrote:
All available from Canyon, I know coz I ordered it all. What you need is the following part numbers:

1 x A1012197 (Thats the adaptor to covert it to ISCG-05)
3 x A1012196 (The screws for it)

Once installed it looks like this:

photo
photo
photo
photo

bosnianrider wrote:
rocina wrote:
Unfortunately, they are wrong .
STRIVE is not iscg05.
check, please.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149137&pagenum=53

Then you need an adapter from Canyon or have one made...

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
I ordered a 2016 CANYON Strive AL 6.0 in Small on January 25th 2016. My provisional delivery date is 14-18th March 2016.

Hopefully there will be no issues with the delivery or the ShapeShifter...

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 5:20 Quote
Is anybody waiting longer for a bike than me?
Ordered 17th August 2015

Posted: Jan 27, 2016 at 6:07 Quote
Penster wrote:
Is anybody waiting longer for a bike than me?
Ordered 17th August 2015

I ordered 12th August 2015 and only received a couple of weeks a go, so I think you might be winning now! Confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022123
Mobile Version of Website