Powered by Outside

All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
All about enduro (pictures, competitions, routes, general talk)
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
Agreed. It's just that Special Ed just got it's biggest marketing machine because they got the most likable rider in the history of MTB.

Mod
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 11:24 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
Agreed. It's just that Special Ed just got it's biggest marketing machine because they got the most likable rider in the history of MTB.

True, Graves was the reason I bought a yeti 4x.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
Hey guys,
I am thinking of getting a Canyon Strive 5.0 race, but I am wondering if it is possible to set up a remote shock lockout for when I ride cross country. I know they have the shapeshifter technology but I do lots of cross country rides and wanted to lock out my fork. Thanks.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezEmVCsKqFWO6LrgBH2izmeKGLhYAQ14SJ1qySniQ6flWLLw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hey guys this is just a school project. would be good if you could fill it out

its market research for the 2019 s-work enduro

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:44 Quote
CullenM wrote:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezEmVCsKqFWO6LrgBH2izmeKGLhYAQ14SJ1qySniQ6flWLLw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hey guys this is just a school project. would be good if you could fill it out

its market research for the 2019 s-work enduro

i got a zero/zero Frown I'm undefined.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 1:07 Quote
Hi, I’d like to buy an enduro bike and I don’t know what bike should I go with. Just a little note, I’m 6,5 foot so tall so post more bikes that could fit me.
Thanks for your answers,
Tom.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
There's been a hardtail class in the Finnish enduro series for as long as I can remember. It's been gaining more popularity lately and there's a few things you need to know about hardtail enduroing.. this is in Finnish but it's subtitled..

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 4:11 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
Hi, I’d like to buy an enduro bike and I don’t know what bike should I go with. Just a little note, I’m 6,5 foot so tall so post more bikes that could fit me.
Thanks for your answers,
Tom.

I'm 6 foot 6 so I feel your pain. I recently bought a 2019 radon swoop. It has 490 mm reach. Its not crazy long and lots of people shorter than me ride the same size. However, the bike is really fun, the geo is great for descending and with 170mm of travel its a machine. Its still pretty playful for me since its kinda short. I doesn't feel short though. This bike also has a good price point. If you want something longer, I would look at YT capra or transition sentinel in xxl. Nukeproof and kona also have big XL's. If your looking for something longer, pole and geometron make big bikes (but really expensive). The only thing is you should try to find test rides.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 0:39 Quote
DylanRodriguez28 wrote:
Azzertom wrote:
Thanks for your answers,
Tom.

I'm 6 foot 6 so I feel your pain. I recently bought a 2019 radon swoop. It has 490 mm reach. Its not crazy long and lots of people shorter than me ride the same size. However, the bike is really fun, the geo is great for descending and with 170mm of travel its a machine. Its still pretty playful for me since its kinda short. I doesn't feel short though. This bike also has a good price point. If you want something longer, I would look at YT capra or transition sentinel in xxl. Nukeproof and kona also have big XL's. If your looking for something longer, pole and geometron make big bikes (but really expensive). The only thing is you should try to find test rides.

Thanks man ! I went for the canyon spectral al 6.0 in xl and for the moment it rides just like a dream ! It’s more on the hardcore trail bike side but it’s very capable. I appreciate your answer a lot !

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
And what is your experience with a FS on the acceleration on flat for the first 5 seconds? Have you tested it? I tested a Cannondale Habit 3 29er 2020 with carbon front... But it felt like I was pulling a cow, It was exactly the same feeling with their ebike Trail Neo 2 Hard tail(but worse), for some reason it felt heavy to pedal while accelerating, I have no clue how did Cannondale manage to fault there, I never felt this issue on any other bike. And I rove BMX, HT MTB, Road Bicycles, and a Cannondale Bad Boy that had similar issue...

How is your experience with the Giant Reign 2 or 3, do you feel the heaviness on the acceleration?

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
Hello currently searching for a bike advice
I'm a longtime downhill rider trying to start in enduro.
I'm currently riding a Scott gambler 2016 but I'm searching for a new Enduro bike.
As I live in madeira Island the Enduro scene here is huge .Yesterday I found a 2013 specialized Enduro sworks 26 for a good value , would it be a good Enduro bike even though is 26 inch and a bit old ?
looking to do with it the uphill stuff that the gambler can't do .
Thank you for your help

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 22:18 Quote
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between a transition patrol and an evil insurgent... it's looking like based on prices (I'm getting used) it would be a 2019 carbon patrol vs probably a 2017ish insurgent. I ride a lot of steep and pretty gnarly stuff, race enduro, hit big jumps and drops, and in general I just like to mess around and find gaps and sesh corners, things like that. I'm also considering an evil wreckoning a little bit, but I'm thinking I'm probably gonna go with 27.5s. Any input would bE appreciated, thanks!

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 0:19 Quote
flaggnar wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between a transition patrol and an evil insurgent... it's looking like based on prices (I'm getting used) it would be a 2019 carbon patrol vs probably a 2017ish insurgent. I ride a lot of steep and pretty gnarly stuff, race enduro, hit big jumps and drops, and in general I just like to mess around and find gaps and sesh corners, things like that. I'm also considering an evil wreckoning a little bit, but I'm thinking I'm probably gonna go with 27.5s. Any input would bE appreciated, thanks!

Never ridden an evil but I've tested a patrol and those things are really fun. Given by your riding style my guess is your better off with the transition, newer bike, better geo and i think more travel (not 100% sure). I wouldn't rule out 29ers though, its a bit of a personal choice. This is a bit of a generalisation but if your tall like me (i'm 6ft6) you would probably benefit from big wheels and not lose playfulness. Even if your not disproportionately long like me I would still suggest testing if you can cuz its a very personal choice.

But anyway if its down to patrol v. insurgent I would suggest patrol, you'll get more for your money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015593
Mobile Version of Website