Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Feb 3, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
SAGAT1982 wrote:
hello pls hel this summer me buy meta v 4,2 race or meta v 4.2 essential 2018 wide rear triangle might affect foot placement on the pedals to avoid contact my shoues is us 13 is problem or not? thnx to help
no problem.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
SAGAT1982 wrote:
inverted180 thx manny help from me , look many videos meta v 4 or v 4.2 is 6-6.5" feet and not problem.. the frame
witch better?? https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-v42-essential-650b-shiny-red-2018-c2x22591074
https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-v42-race-black-2017-c2x19923170
i think race better...
you think correct sunny jim but the new world cup fox anodised blk is even better ! Wink

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
What are you saying?

If this is your first full suspension I advise highly against a big travel bike.

The Meta TR would be a better choice.

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
SAGAT1982 wrote:
wide rear triangle might affect foot placement on the pedals to avoid contact my shoues is us 13 is problem corner frame or not? foto please your shoes from pedal...

if I see a picture I can make a decision ...

this is what I have been asking for a week in the forum

nobody did picture for me

Hey Sagat, I can't help you with a picture because I'm only size 10,5 US, but even at that size I have had my feet get tangled up with the rear triangle more then once, it happened more at first, almost never happens nowdays. If you ride with heels in, you might have some trouble getting used to it, if you ride with your feet straight then no problem. If u have a lot of rub marks on your current frame then you probably will have plenty of contact.

Besides that its a great bike, hope you get yours soon

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
SAGAT1982 wrote:
hello pls hel this summer me buy meta v 4,2 race or meta v 4.2 essential 2018 wide rear triangle might affect foot placement on the pedals to avoid contact my shoues is us 13 is problem or not? thnx to help

I'm size10 and only catch my heal on the left side. At size 13 I'd think it would be an issue

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
I fitted my existing Lyrik forks to my new AM V4.2 frame and find that the fork is now way too soft and needs more psi adding. Previous frame the forks felt almost too firm. Anyone else experienced this? Ideas why? Slacker head angle = more bodyweight on bars?

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 16:50 Quote
You’re probably right , could try a short stem and move the seat back ! I would just add more air and stop worrying !

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 5:08 Quote
Yep more air it is. I'm already on a 50mm stem

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
Mhoracek wrote:
SAGAT1982 wrote:

I'm size10 and only catch my heal on the left side. At size 13 I'd think it would be an issue

Currently unable to post a photo of the slight rub marks on my frame. I have a size XL MetaAM V4 (2015) I wear Size 12 US 5.10 freeriders and Size 13 Teva pivots and like a few other members on here I had heel rub issues on the drive side of the bike for the first couple weeks of riding but nothing major and now I don't have any issues with my heels contacting the chainstays on the bike.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
I tried to explain to Sagat that photos of other rider's feet aren't going to help, as we all naturally have a different stance. I ride both clipped and flats on my v4. At first I caught my heel more regularly, so I adapted slightly. I now almost never clip the stay, regardless of which pedals/shoes I'm running. However, someone with more of a duck stance is likely to have more problems.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011774
Mobile Version of Website