Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
I clipped my heels all the time (size 13), then I adapted and it wasn't an issue. Then I sold the bike, lol

Hoping for a Commencal Meta TR 29 this year. If not I'm going local and getting a Guerilla Gravity Trail Pistol.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 18:27 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I clipped my heels all the time (size 13), then I adapted and it wasn't an issue. Then I sold the bike, lol

Hoping for a Commencal Meta TR 29 this year. If not I'm going local and getting a Guerilla Gravity Trail Pistol.

I'm waiting to see the Meta TR 29er too. I'll buy either that or a Jeffsy. I know it's coming, just don't know when well see it. Hopefully not too long.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 23:01 Quote
Is it easy to remove bearings from seatstay -chainstay ? I am saying this because I see they are 2 next to each other . Between them is there a washer something like that or a frame cave ? so I can pull them at the same time the 2 of them or one by one ?

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
Has anyone here ever tried a 170 fork in the XL?

Was it a lot worse when climbing? Right now the 350cr 160mm feels already close to the max because my front wheel likes to leave the ground when it gets steep...

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
I dont think it Will make that much difference. When u take your sag in to account iT wil only be 7 mm extra. You can adjust youre sag on your shock a bit to compensate. Or shift your sadle a bit forward or even change to a bar with less rise

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
Less rise is a no go as the bike is already short :p

Saddle already furthest forward

I might give 170 a go but not entirely convinced it wouldn't impact climbing too much :-/

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
No need to get a longer fork. It's just a matter of your setup.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 2:59 Quote
hi

a friend of mine have a 2015 V4 and he wants to make it a bit more stable
is not into forums so im asking what you advise for a cheap upgrade

offset bushings
slakerizer angleset - º2

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 0:08 Quote
Bottom bracket of the meta is already pretty low. So I wouldn't add bushings to make it lower!
He could slack the angle of the fork with an angle set, but it shortens the effective reach, and it will also lower the BB (unless he buys a new fork with more travel).

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
hi

a friend of mine have a 2015 V4 and he wants to make it a bit more stable
is not into forums so im asking what you advise for a cheap upgrade

offset bushings
slakerizer angleset - º2

The cheapest would be to play with suspension settings. A bit of extra sag can go a long way for making a bike feel slacker and hug the ground better.

Commencal recommends 25% rear sag, but I preferred around 30%. Also, I’m not sure what shock your friend is running, but if it’s the Monarch with the regular air can, the Debonair can helps as well with how the bike sits in its travel.

Has your friend done a fork lowers or air can service recently? That can help as well for how the bike tracks.

These are all easy, low-cost measures to try (well, except the Debonair can, but that should be done anyway it he doesn’t have one already).

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
he tested a 29" and now he thinks the meta could be more stable thats the problem hi think

he as a Pike / monarch plus debonair serviced not long ago

thanks for the imput @Minikeum @DMal

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
is anyone riding on carbon wheels?
I am considering to upgrade to light bicycle hoops, as my flow ex are beaten up. I would run them with pool noodles for impact protection.
can anybody tell, how it will affect riding? I am hoping that the bike will somewhat be a little more agile, especially on the uphills. I do not think that the ride will be too harsh because of the increased stiffness, as I find the v4 frame to be already really flexy

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
I’m selling my 2015 meta race plus , rides like newish £1300 if anyone knows a buyer !

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
machuqueiro wrote:
he tested a 29" and now he thinks the meta could be more stable thats the problem hi think

he as a Pike / monarch plus debonair serviced not long ago

thanks for the imput @Minikeum @DMal

The thing with 29er is that the bottom bracket is well bellow the two wheel axles. This is one of the reason (maybe the main reason?) why your friend felt it was more stable, because you "seat in the bike" instead of "on the bike".

Of course, on 27.5", the BB also seats bellow the axles, but it is more the case on 29er...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015750
Mobile Version of Website