Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 17:12 Quote
I’ll be honest if he wants planted and stable I’d recommend a bigger meta frame or a different bike. Commencal in comparison arnt generous on size and lincage driven single pivot bikes are poppy more than smooth and stable. Play with suspension set up to tune the ride, play with bar and stem width as that can push your body into a better feeling position? I’ve never felt in my frame. I just don’t think it’s much of a plough but that’s why I chose it. I’ve got a lyric on mine though and I think that cuts a lot of twitch out of the ride.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
anubis0001g wrote:
I’ll be honest if he wants planted and stable I’d recommend a bigger meta frame or a different bike. Commencal in comparison arnt generous on size and lincage driven single pivot bikes are poppy more than smooth and stable. Play with suspension set up to tune the ride, play with bar and stem width as that can push your body into a better feeling position? I’ve never felt in my frame. I just don’t think it’s much of a plough but that’s why I chose it. I’ve got a lyric on mine though and I think that cuts a lot of twitch out of the ride.

Agreed.

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 23:13 Quote
Have tried and dont think the meta is unstable.
The trails here are only natural hard red clay full of rocks in All sizes and shake people.
The real problem is that we are só bombed with reviews "its like a Monster truck on the descents" that start to think that our bikes are not good annymore.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
Grass is always greener on the other side.

Of course some bikes will be better at some things but worse at others. Their is a trade off. A 29er will generally roll/monster truck better than a 27.5 but it will be more playfull and agile.

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 11:24 Quote
hello guys i own a commencal v4 love the bike but wondering if any one has had any success putting a coil shock on the v4 fox or rockshox

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
I saw one guy post up a V4 with a fox DHX2. Most coils wont fit. But on top of that the V4 is pretty linear and doesnt play nice with coil shocks from my understanding.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
I've just thrown a 35mm stem on my medium meta v4, I'm 5'8
Just wondering if anyone else is running a similar set up or are these really short stems better for the more modern bikes with longer top tubes.
What advantages do you think there is running 35mm instead of 50mm stem

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
Arod1 wrote:
I've just thrown a 35mm stem on my medium meta v4, I'm 5'8
Just wondering if anyone else is running a similar set up or are these really short stems better for the more modern bikes with longer top tubes.
What advantages do you think there is running 35mm instead of 50mm stem

It'll speed up the steering marginally, and also put your weight back slightly, which may or may not be an advantage, depending on your height and build. The bike will also be a little easier to manual.
Downside is the front wheel may want to pop and wander it bit more on climbs.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
Anyone know if the v4.2 linkage fits on the v4 frame?

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 1:52 Quote
Does anyone know the bearing numbers for the 4.2 race? I know it’s a zs44/zs56 headset but I am unsure of what size bearings they are for replacement

I would look on bearings but the writing on them has worn away ????

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 8:43 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
Does anyone know the bearing numbers for the 4.2 race? I know it’s a zs44/zs56 headset but I am unsure of what size bearings they are for replacement

I would look on bearings but the writing on them has worn away ????

The name is the identifier, zerostack-44mm OD bearing/zero stack 56mm OD bearing

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 9:19 Quote
Thankyou going to order some stainless ones today the standard cane creek ones haven’t lasted even 6 months

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:46 Quote
Am looking into some raceface cranks, specifically the Affect cranks. Need a hand deciphering the code. Spindle length ?

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 18:07 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
Am looking into some raceface cranks, specifically the Affect cranks. Need a hand deciphering the code. Spindle length ?
It's just the standard 68/73 bottom bracket width....not sure what spindle length would be but pretty standard if you ask for what ever fits BB92 or BSA 68/73.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/race-face-aeffect-crankset/rp-prod146212

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 5:43 Quote
photo

I built a meta, size XL with 170 mm Yari. I made it ugly on purpose if someone wonders.

Has anyone had problems with the Crancbrothers Highline post? I bought a brand new post but I can't seem to get the cable tension right. I have to push the lever back manually so that the post would stay in place. Could the loop near the bb be too tight for the cable? My friend had the same problem with the same dropper post, he has a Canyon spectral.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.125389
Mobile Version of Website