Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Well that answered that question...techy DH shuttles are no problem for the murmur. This bike continues to impress me with every challenge it faces.

Nice! I'm hoping the weather shifts here soon so I can get out for some rides.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Well that answered that question...techy DH shuttles are no problem for the murmur. This bike continues to impress me with every challenge it faces.

Nice! I can't wait to get mine. I'm suffering from Starling Build Wait Time Disorderâ„¢. My doctor says it's killing me.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Lotusoperandi wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice! I can't wait to get mine. I'm suffering from Starling Build Wait Time Disorderâ„¢. My doctor says it's killing me.

When's it due?

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
Ooooo SBWTD is serious biznizz sending healing vibes!!!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Lotusoperandi wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

When's it due?

I don't know at this point. Made final payment three weeks ago, went to powdercoat....Starling van breaks down....supposedly it's being picked up from powder coat today so I suspect it will ship sometime this week....though I've been thinking that for two weeks now so who knows.......Once it ships should hopefully only take a week to get here. So if I get it sometime next week I will be supremely stoked!

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 10:46 Quote
I had it too, but reminded myself that a 12 week lead time isn't too bad for a personal frame considering the year+ wait some of the generic big brand bikes have right now.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
Lotus - sweet. Lotsa piccys please.

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 1:14 Quote
"Starling van breaks down" - they really should get a new van, this seems to happen a lot!

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
"Starling van breaks down" - they really should get a new van, this seems to happen a lot!

Whew! So it's NOT just my bad luck!

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
Also got the same email from Joe about the van. Has anyone gotten an update?

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
misterha wrote:

Not yet. He told me on Saturday that the van was fixed and my frame would be picked up from powder coat on Monday and assembled for shipping sometime this week. Still haven't received the "it has shipped email." I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is check my email thinking, "Surely this is the day!"......and......nope. It's not the day......

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
Lotusoperandi wrote:
misterha wrote:

Not yet. He told me on Saturday that the van was fixed and my frame would be picked up from powder coat on Monday and assembled for shipping sometime this week. Still haven't received the "it has shipped email." I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is check my email thinking, "Surely this is the day!"......and......nope. It's not the day......

Same here my friend. I'm on the east coast so hoping my comes a little sooner hah.

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 18:56 Quote
This happened today.

photo

Please forgive the Honda-tier components. They're sacrifices I made to afford the Aston Martin-tier frame. But flame away on my flamboyant color choices. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
This happened today.

photo

Please forgive the Honda-tier components. They're sacrifices I made to afford the Aston Martin-tier frame. But flame away on my flamboyant color choices. Big Grin

Is that a pump mounted on the bottom of your down tube??

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 19:57 Quote
Yep. And a bottle cage. I had an extra bottle mount added there when I ordered my frame. I drink a lot of water, and hate riding with a backpack.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020699
Mobile Version of Website