Powered by Outside

Most ripped off youve gotten

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Most ripped off youve gotten
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
if ur ever in the godrich area go to connor dawson ( c's bikes) me and my bro have got are bikes done by him never have had a problem and hes cheap to

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
Sometimes you pay the extra money because you want to ride, at least I know I did. It has nothing about not knowing how to do the work, just not having the tools.[/Quote]

Thats so true. Almost everyone gets everything done in the shop because of tools. Tools these days are so expensive that no one could buy them just to use them once in a while. It Sucks..

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:27 Quote
allen bolts should be the international standard for everything on a bike.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
all of my LBS charge 120$ + for a tune up/service. Without any replacement parts. Where the hell are you guys getting serviced and being ripped off for 40$?

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
I took out a special insurance (~400$) with my Swedish insurance company to cover my bike for the first few weeks after moving to the US. About 2 weeks after arriving the brand spanking new Nomad got stolen. I filed a report with the local police and with the insurance company thinking "Damn lucky I got that insurance". About a week later the insurance company came back to me and told me that I was not covered since purpose of my trip was not vacation, but work. How's that for logic?? 4.800$ insurance company ripoff.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
the other day i was at the gas station getting a slurpee becuase it was a hot day some kid dropped a slurpee lid on the ground by accident and they charged him 5 cents

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
90 $ for a new screw for my seat! they said aww yea we gave you a tune up new brake cabels????????????????? and gave a new tube!

all i asked for was a screw for my seat!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
if they do something without asking you first then they can't charge you. its like if they threw a new boxxer, new set of wheels on because they thought they weren't good enough already.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:50 Quote
odin333 wrote:
allen bolts should be the international standard for everything on a bike.
+ metric

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
Everything should be metric. I had a huge headache a while ago because the axle nuts on my friend's Fit complete weren't metric... and all they sell in Russia are metric sockets.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
My LBS tried to charge me $200 to swap my parts over when I get from new front triangle for my Norco even though the manufactuer is supposed to be paying for all of it, some nerve....

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
stp124 wrote:
90 $ for a new screw for my seat! they said aww yea we gave you a tune up new brake cabels????????????????? and gave a new tube!

all i asked for was a screw for my seat!

highly doubting this story.......Rolleyes

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
i think i might have the best UN-ripoff. I got an 07 SXT test bike for $2200. Regular $3900. So i get $1700 off just for a few rides down the sidewalk. hehehehe
you have no idea what happens to test bikes do you...

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
Never! had one some dumb mofo try and steal my snowboard gear, and it got him a broken arm, and a boot scuff across his dumb @ss face!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009186
Mobile Version of Website