Powered by Outside

Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
Anyone have a suggestion for a chain guide/tensioner for a 2x8 big hit set up? Too much chain slap without one right now. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Your front derailleur is your chain guide. For tension maybe run a clutch derailleur but hard to pull tjat off with 8 speed. You can use a shimano 10 speed derailleur with clutch matched to a sram 9 speed shifter and 9 speed cassette. Or look at old school chain tensioners, you can probably still find one even though hardly anyone uses em anymore. Not sure you can run one with front derailleur though

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 20:58 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

2005 Big Hit Expert with 888's and Manitou 6 way. Truvativ HammerSchmidt two-speed crankset. Of the era Hayes brakes with 8" rotors. 24" Double Track and 26" Atomic Industries wheels. Last year of the 24/26 combo.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:36 Quote
NormyG wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

2005 Big Hit Expert with 888's and Manitou 6 way. Truvativ HammerSchmidt two-speed crankset. Of the era Hayes brakes with 8" rotors. 24" Double Track and 26" Atomic Industries wheels. Last year of the 24/26 combo.

Great setup. Love the fork and hammerschmidt and paint job.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
Hey all,
Newbs question here, I've sorted the install of all the bits for a 9-speed swap (11-28 cassette) but the derailleur hits the nut on the frame tying in the swing arms. What did I miss here?
I think I have a Big Hit 1 FSR, not sure of the year

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
Alright, just finished build it up.
Still need to get some decent brakes.
26" sstuff is getting very hard to come by.
Crap, just noticed I forgot the front fender!

11 Specialized BigHit

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
Hi just posting because I was wondering if any 04 or 05 bighit spec with 26 inch wheels are out there. I used to own one and I am low key keen to relive the glory days. Not I am not looking for a mullet variant.

here is a link of what I was looking for.

https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?item=92415

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
Peersie wrote:
Hi just posting because I was wondering if any 04 or 05 bighit spec with 26 inch wheels are out there. I used to own one and I am low key keen to relive the glory days. Not I am not looking for a mullet variant.

i had one in dark blue with a black rear triangle.... I miss it dearly

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 0:42 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
Peersie wrote:

Yea man they weir only made them for like 2 years I had a scroll through this forum quite a way to even see a couple of them. This makes me regret selling it oh well.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
Peersie wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
Peersie wrote:

Yea man they weir only made them for like 2 years I had a scroll through this forum quite a way to even see a couple of them. This makes me regret selling it oh well.

I imagine there's 100's of bighits sitting in pensioners garages from when their kids moved out, same with Stinkys and such. That's the description on most of the listings for these early/mid 00s freeridey shreddy weapons

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
T4THH wrote:
Peersie wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:

I imagine there's 100's of bighits sitting in pensioners garages from when their kids moved out, same with Stinkys and such. That's the description on most of the listings for these early/mid 00s freeridey shreddy weapons

Yea I would defiantly be keen to visit that shed.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
Hey folks, I just acquired this 2008 Bighit FSR I after it had been abused and left outside to decay. Why people don't take care of their belongings never ceases to amaze me.

Just stopping by to collect some input on whether there is any point to even attempt a rebuild to make this thing rideable. I have made no attempt to clean it whatsoever, so it's filthy. I'd love to get this old girl back in action, but cannot commit unlimited funds to the project.

From a preliminary inspection the front and rear shocks need to be rebuilt as they are very squishy. The front are RockShox Domain and the rear is a Fox Vanilla R.

If you have any questions or would like more pictures to help make any determinations, then let me know.

I appreciate any and all guidance. Thanks.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024963
Mobile Version of Website