Pinkbikes official snowmobile and dirtbike/quad thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Pinkbikes official snowmobile and dirtbike/quad thread
Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:54 Quote
My dad hopped on the new ski doo and said it didnt even make a difference.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 17:02 Quote
ziegele wrote:
My dad hopped on the new ski doo and said it didnt even make a difference.

I find it kinda funny that it states in the description "makes mountain riding easier" on their website. Pretty bold claim, but I thought it was getting some decent reviews, but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 17:04 Quote
I could see how it would help if the snow was more hard packed, completely useless in powder though.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 18:24 Quote
regardless of what anyone says, im a polaris guy through and through.and with my uncle owning the oldest polaris dealer in Canada, i couldnt go with anything else even if i wanted to haha

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 19:25 Quote
ziegele wrote:
popsicle- wrote:
The belt drive is a brutal system, I can't believe Polaris continued with it.

I've heard the exact opposite.

The belt drive system takes 16lbs of force to spin, the cat took 7lbs, ski-doo took 6lbs to spin. That was accurate, as we put on a torque wrench on each in order to get an accurate reading.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 19:54 Quote
So what makes that so terrible?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 23:22 Quote
it works great, if its so horrible why do turbo sleds use it? My riding friend has the 13 pro with over 600 miles before the recall. So not everyone is having issues, just like how the new summit xm's with the tmotion have had several of the bolts snap, Shit happens.

Id like to see the xm in freeride plateform, the 146 is a wheelie machine, but i did notice the polaris is better for technical stuff since the nose stays down.

Too each's own, I rode a couple new m8 cats, couple new xms, several newer pro chassis polaris.
I just like how the TRA clutches are on skidoo's, Being able to adjust the clutching in the mtns on the fly kicks ass, You can get your sled performing top notch no matter what, while with everyone else you have to fck around and get a happy medium. Also another note, the tra secondary's tend to down shift nicely while the team and arctic cat secondarys like to free spool, so its sketchy as fck going from doo too the others in some ways.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:14 Quote
ziegele wrote:

Takes way more force to run, therefore losing power.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:14 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/542691_513673812005105_2046721540_n.jpg

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:16 Quote
817moto wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/542691_513673812005105_2046721540_n.jpg

Took long enough, Lol.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:17 Quote
lol I only posted it in the hotness thread didn't I? Are you in there too? Razz

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:17 Quote
popsicle- wrote:
ziegele wrote:

and its completely unnoticeable...... polaris is far ahead of the game when it comes to mountain sleds. id just trust them.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:23 Quote
ziegele wrote:
popsicle- wrote:
ziegele wrote:

and its completely unnoticeable...... polaris is far ahead of the game when it comes to mountain sleds. id just trust them.

But there not, they just think they are. There's a reason Mountain Magic (They build the best handbuilt sleds, hands down) out of Edmonton doesn't run the polaris with belt drive. But either way, this is all just opinions.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:31 Quote
there's a reason Chris Burant runs the belt to, and so does Carls Cycle (builds pretty much most of the pnw slednecks riders sleds). and "think". Have you rode all the 2013 sleds? arctic cat just feels like last gens polaris and doo has the most power but they still steer like crap (cant say ive ever rode a yamaha). polaris is the easiest sled to ride for technical aspects of riding. its soooooo much easier to do anything on then the competition. pretty sure it one every shootout in any snomobile magazine there is.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:32 Quote
waste of a 2012 450... Facepalm
**EDIT how do you embed youtube videos?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011591
Mobile Version of Website