Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 9:47 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:
What's the deal with Un-caged models being sold during non peak season times? I would have bought the uncaged 10 CF if it was availble when I boguht in august. I see YT has changed pricing and models back to how it was over the summer. Core 1 is back to 3k. I dunno about you guys but seeing the prices this fall I now can't view a core 1 being worth 3k

I agree. Ive been monitoring the prices carefully, and last year's Capra Core 3 29 (with Zeb Ultimate forks, and GX AXS drivetrain) just dropped to $2999. So I bought it.
Looking at the prices and spec of the "new" models, I feel like I really got the better deal. Just need to wait until April to find out!

I've said this a few times on here already. But if you look at the core 3 capra thats not in the sale section, my buddy bought that bike in november for $2k!! Granted he's tall and only the XXL was that cheap...but still. Looking at the specs he got even a better deal since he got all top level Fox suspension instead of the middle grade. Blows my mind.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 13:06 Quote
yotaismygame wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:
What's the deal with Un-caged models being sold during non peak season times? I would have bought the uncaged 10 CF if it was availble when I boguht in august. I see YT has changed pricing and models back to how it was over the summer. Core 1 is back to 3k. I dunno about you guys but seeing the prices this fall I now can't view a core 1 being worth 3k

I agree. Ive been monitoring the prices carefully, and last year's Capra Core 3 29 (with Zeb Ultimate forks, and GX AXS drivetrain) just dropped to $2999. So I bought it.
Looking at the prices and spec of the "new" models, I feel like I really got the better deal. Just need to wait until April to find out!

I've said this a few times on here already. But if you look at the core 3 capra thats not in the sale section, my buddy bought that bike in november for $2k!! Granted he's tall and only the XXL was that cheap...but still. Looking at the specs he got even a better deal since he got all top level Fox suspension instead of the middle grade. Blows my mind.

I got the same deal on the XXL. If he hasn’t yet, his 38 needs a lowers service and probably doesn’t have enough oil in it.

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 6:43 Quote
yotaismygame wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:
yotaismygame wrote:

That’s crazy. I doubt we’ll see deals like that again.

Posted: Jan 28, 2024 at 8:29 Quote
Hello guys! I would like to try out a coil shock on my mk1 capra, have any of you done that? also a mullet setup with 160-170mm travel, seems like a nice way to make the bike more "modernized" and faster, as it's the only bike I currently own and use it to race dh. A friend of mine has a 222x70 fox dhx5.0, which I could trade for my monarch rc3, and because the 5.0 is a pretty old shock I'm not sure if I would be upgrading or downgrading, so any opinions on all of this? Thanks in advance

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 6:58 Quote
stefanjosheski wrote:
Hello guys! I would like to try out a coil shock on my mk1 capra, have any of you done that? also a mullet setup with 160-170mm travel, seems like a nice way to make the bike more "modernized" and faster, as it's the only bike I currently own and use it to race dh. A friend of mine has a 222x70 fox dhx5.0, which I could trade for my monarch rc3, and because the 5.0 is a pretty old shock I'm not sure if I would be upgrading or downgrading, so any opinions on all of this? Thanks in advance

A coil will be the best thing you can do to the Capra. Loved my MK1 with a Rockshox coil (cheapest option) ! I just purchased a Commencal Meta SX and I would not do mullet again. The lesser amount of traction was immediately noticeable and I feel the smaller wheel hanging up on chunk more-so. Personally, I do not have a problems with body/rear wheel clearance so a full 29'r was never a 'problem' for me.
If you do go with a mullet setup, it will make your bike (probably) too slack so run it in the High setting or get a geometry-adjust shock bushing to correct the geo back to close to what it was originally.
Just my 2 cents..

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 7:35 Quote
code26 wrote:
stefanjosheski wrote:

A coil will be the best thing you can do to the Capra. Loved my MK1 with a Rockshox coil (cheapest option) ! I just purchased a Commencal Meta SX and I would not do mullet again. The lesser amount of traction was immediately noticeable and I feel the smaller wheel hanging up on chunk more-so. Personally, I do not have a problems with body/rear wheel clearance so a full 29'r was never a 'problem' for me.
If you do go with a mullet setup, it will make your bike (probably) too slack so run it in the High setting or get a geometry-adjust shock bushing to correct the geo back to close to what it was originally.
Just my 2 cents..

Wouldn't the MK1 Capra be a 27.5 bike, so he's actually considering adding a 29er fork/wheel to his existing 27.5 frame? That's how I read it anyway.

As for full 29er or mullet, I guess it's a horses for courses thing. I was on a full 29er previously and moved over to a mullet Capra last fall and absolutely I love it. I feel like the handling benefits on sketchy steeps, berm corners and even jumps outweighs the rollability negatives, and honestly don't really notice any traction differences.

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 12:53 Quote
mammal wrote:
code26 wrote:
stefanjosheski wrote:

Just my 2 cents..

Wouldn't the MK1 Capra be a 27.5 bike, so he's actually considering adding a 29er fork/wheel to his existing 27.5 frame? That's how I read it anyway.

First of all, the bike is currently overforked by 20mm (stock fork is 160mm and now it's running 180mm lyrik) and the handling is prettty nice indeed, while a 29" wheel is exactly 21mm bigger than 27.5, meaning that I could get away with a 160mm 29 fork upfront without needing to change bushings at first, or I could add a 2.6 tire in the rear, maybe from schwalbe since they're a bit bigger than the current maxxis' that I run, which will raise the rear end of the bike by a few mm.

As for full 29er or mullet, I guess it's a horses for courses thing. I was on a full 29er previously and moved over to a mullet Capra last fall and absolutely I love it. I feel like the handling benefits on sketchy steeps, berm corners and even jumps outweighs the rollability negatives, and honestly don't really notice any traction differences.

And now, yes the bike is 27.5 currently in stock form, and me as a smaller guy (172cm 62kg) will mean that full 29 might be hard to control lol
Either way big thanks to the both of you, I guess I will need to borrow a friend's 38 with his front wheel and my other friends dhx 5.0 and test the bike to see if I like it that way or not haha
Have a nice day/night

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 14:44 Quote
stefanjosheski wrote:
Either way big thanks to the both of you, I guess I will need to borrow a friend's 38 with his front wheel and my other friends dhx 5.0 and test the bike to see if I like it that way or not haha
Have a nice day/night

That's always going to be the best choice. Try before you buy.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 21:14 Quote
Freaking out, well a little. I'm coming from a Large mk2 Capra at 6 foot 32 inch in seam to an XL Capra Core 3. Did I make a mistake? Will jumping be completely ruined for me? Can I put a 40 mm stem on it and move seat forward and still have a fun time jumping?

Any thoughts on anyone riding a 29er Capra XL at 6 feet. Can it still be fun in the air?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 5:18 Quote
I'm 5'11" with the XL mullet, and I love it. It's good at everything, but it depends on your preference for fit. It seems to very wildly among different riders.

Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 8:22 Quote
Im 6ft and wouldnt even consider a large. XL is the way to go. Taylor your cockpit and seating position to your own liking of course.

Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 8:24 Quote
Anyone use a Mudhugger mk2 rear fender on their Capra?

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 0:33 Quote
Hello, I have a question about my capra from 2015. Does anyone know what it would look like to make it a mullet with 27.5 and 26 or with 29 or 27.5?

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 8:20 Quote
Use a geometry calculator. I don't see the point either way. I ride straight 27.5 on my 2023 and love it.

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 17:48 Quote
yotaismygame wrote:
Use a geometry calculator. I don't see the point either way. I ride straight 27.5 on my 2023 and love it.

Yeah - mad scientist MTB is a good tool to see how these things change geo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017225
Mobile Version of Website