Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2023 at 11:54 Quote
RKingan wrote:
aidankhatri wrote:
royals77 wrote:
Hey anybody had an issues with creaking in their headset?

yes i have this when i start pedaling or pull up on the bars it makes a creaking clicking noise and i can’t figure out how to fix it
going to try new bars and see how the problem is then

The struggle is real. Mine creaks and tics a bit as well in the same situations. Wasn't the bars or stem. I figure it's either the bearings or soemthing with the fork. I guess I'll have a better idea after service it over the winter.

Did you ever succeed in finding culprit causing that noise?

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 9:32 Quote
The Super Deluxe shock on my Sight is broken and I want to take the chance to get a shock that helps me bottoming out less both on jumps, smaller features as well as big features, and out of turns etc., and help quite down chain noise.

I decided I want to leave coil shock options aside because I just love the pedaling efficiency of the Sight too much and want to add only very minimal to no pedal bob. Hence I narrowed down my search to four options:

(1) The Marzocchi Bomber Air with or
(2) without the Cascade link,
(3) The Super Deluxe RC2T with HBO with or
(4) without the Cascade link.

I am considering the Bomber Air because its the most economic option, I read very god reviews and it seems to have a very large bottom-out bumper. PB's review essentially said why spend more? But then they haven't tested it on a Sight either. I would expect this option to help moderately with bottoming out.

The RC2T might help bottoming out in several ways. There is an option with a hydraulic bottom out to make the last 20% of the travel very progressive (which in theory sounds like exactly what I need but I don't have any experience with it). Also you can tune HSC which is supposed to help with bottoming out on big hits (right?). Lastly, it also comes with a bottom out bumper but I don't know whether it's comparable in size to the one on the Bomber Air.

Generally, adding the Cascade link to the mix I am a bit concerned that I would add too much pedal bob and also make the bike even less poppy. It's already pretty ground hugging. But the Cascade link is also supposed to help with chain noise which would be a bonus.

Any tips? Many thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 15:58 Quote
Have you read this thread?

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=224936

The last 3 pages has some info/experience.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2024 at 10:58 Quote
Random question here but worth an ask: anyone here put a RS Vivid on their sight? I have a line on a 185x55 version but can't check if it will clear. I assume it will because the X2 does but want to be sure (at least as sure as I can be...).

Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 19:27 Quote
Anyone having shock alignment issues?

Hi, I seem to be having a shock alignment issue on my 2020 Norco Sight A2. When I install the shock and tighten the Trunnion bolts first, everything fits but when I tighten the lower shock mount first, then the shock does not slide easily into the upper shock mount as it wants to sit about 2mm to the left side (non-drive side). The problem persists when the rear triangle is taken off so it doesn't be coming from a misaligned rear triangle. I checked all rear triangle bearings and they seem to be correctly seated. I will be attaching pictures of the offset as soon as I can. In the meantime, is anyone aware of a certain order that the shock needs to be mounted in, i.e. lower shock bolt first, then Trunnion bolts, or vice versa? Or is there a certain torque pattern? Should I offset the shock mounting hardware to correct for the 2mm offset? Thanks for any help!

P.S.: This misalignment resulted in stripped out Trunnion mounts on two different rear shocks so far. I really don't want to ruin a third one!

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 19:29 Quote
razzle wrote:
Have you read this thread?

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=224936

The last 3 pages has some info/experience.

Thanks.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 9:28 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:

Hi, I seem to be having a shock alignment issue on my 2020 Norco Sight A2. When I install the shock and tighten the Trunnion bolts first, everything fits but when I tighten the lower shock mount first, then the shock does not slide easily into the upper shock mount as it wants to sit about 2mm to the left side (non-drive side). The problem persists when the rear triangle is taken off so it doesn't be coming from a misaligned rear triangle. I checked all rear triangle bearings and they seem to be correctly seated. I will be attaching pictures of the offset as soon as I can. In the meantime, is anyone aware of a certain order that the shock needs to be mounted in, i.e. lower shock bolt first, then Trunnion bolts, or vice versa? Or is there a certain torque pattern? Should I offset the shock mounting hardware to correct for the 2mm offset? Thanks for any help!

P.S.: This misalignment resulted in stripped out Trunnion mounts on two different rear shocks so far. I really don't want to ruin a third one!

Here are some pictures:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348728/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348727/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348726/

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 13:58 Quote
The lower shock mount might've been misaligned during the welding process. I had that problem with a 2018 Range, frame was warrantied.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 16:58 Quote
razzle wrote:
The lower shock mount might've been misaligned during the welding process. I had that problem with a 2018 Range, frame was warrantied.

Thanks, yea that was my suspicion also. Unfortunately, I have no warranty on the frame. But I found a small Italian company (dhsign.it) that makes spherical bushings for all common rear shocks and I will give that a try (in combination with slightly offsetting the shock to the left).

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 18:21 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
razzle wrote:

Thanks, yea that was my suspicion also. Unfortunately, I have no warranty on the frame. But I found a small Italian company (dhsign.it) that makes spherical bushings for all common rear shocks and I will give that a try (in combination with slightly offsetting the shock to the left).

Why do you not have warranty on the frame?

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 18:35 Quote
birdsandtrees wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:
razzle wrote:

Bought it used from Whistler Gateway Bikes and they said that there is no warranty on 2nd hand bikes. Bummer!

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 21:36 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
birdsandtrees wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:

Bought it used from Whistler Gateway Bikes and they said that there is no warranty on 2nd hand bikes. Bummer!

Darn and it was Norco who said this? If not it’s still worth it to contact them. They’ve always been pleasant for me to deal with.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 3:42 Quote
birdsandtrees wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:
birdsandtrees wrote:

Darn and it was Norco who said this? If not it’s still worth it to contact them. They’ve always been pleasant for me to deal with.

That was Gateway. To be fair, Norco told me to bring it to a shop nearby (I’m in DC) to have them take a look which I should do and will do. Good to know you’ve had good experience width Norco. Did you have a warranty claim with them yourself?

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 10:04 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
birdsandtrees wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:

That was Gateway. To be fair, Norco told me to bring it to a shop nearby (I’m in DC) to have them take a look which I should do and will do. Good to know you’ve had good experience width Norco. Did you have a warranty claim with them yourself?

Yeah it was a crash replacement. I think they gave me like 60 percent off. I too had to take it into a local dealer but the whole process was super quick and took like a week total.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 21:19 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:

Here are some pictures:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348728/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348727/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/26348726/

You seem to have a custom link on the frame. Do you have the original linkarm to try fitting the shock on?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010926
Mobile Version of Website