Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
Yep. And a bottle cage. I had an extra bottle mount added there when I ordered my frame. I drink a lot of water, and hate riding with a backpack.

Genius! I wish I did that too Frown I would love to store a pump and tube on a cage mount

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
I would love a bottle mount in front of the shock. I run a SKS anywhere bottle cage there but it would be cleaner to bolt to the frame.

The underside if the DT is a no go area in the UK for most of the year unless you love eating mud / dog shit.

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 7:02 Quote
ssantana wrote:
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
Yep. And a bottle cage. I had an extra bottle mount added there when I ordered my frame. I drink a lot of water, and hate riding with a backpack.

Genius! I wish I did that too Frown I would love to store a pump and tube on a cage mount

Thanks. I definitely felt like I had a stroke of inspiration when I thought of it, and glad Joe was able to accommodate it. It helped that my hardtail has a mount there, and one of the bikes I was looking hard at was the Canfield Tilt, which only has a mount there.

fartymarty wrote:
I would love a bottle mount in front of the shock. I run a SKS anywhere bottle cage there but it would be cleaner to bolt to the frame.

The underside if the DT is a no go area in the UK for most of the year unless you love eating mud / dog shit.

You have an XL, right? I think my L would be too tight there. Maybe a Fidlock or sideload would fit. Plus cable routing. How does that work with your SKS?

I have a couple months a year where that bottle location will get to gloppy to drink straight from it. But most of the time it will be fine, just a little dusty. And I figure, worst case scenario, I can use it as a reservoir to refill my toptube bottle.

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
Yeah mines an XL and I can get a full size bottle in front of the shock. It's a little tight getting a it in and out but it works. The SKS goes over the cables. If I had mounts I would space the bottle cage above the cables.

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Yeah mines an XL and I can get a full size bottle in front of the shock. It's a little tight getting a it in and out but it works. The SKS goes over the cables. If I had mounts I would space the bottle cage above the cables.

I might grab one of those. I put the bottle on for a ride today and I didn’t care for the placement for picking the bike up

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

I might grab one of those. I put the bottle on for a ride today and I didn’t care for the placement for picking the bike up

Stock position for the toptube cage mount doesn't fit in my bike rack, so I have one of these to slide it forward a little bit. It also gives me plenty of room to grab the downtube when I lift the bike onto the rack. https://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts/height_adapter_-_mprob83

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

Stock position for the toptube cage mount doesn't fit in my bike rack, so I have one of these to slide it forward a little bit. It also gives me plenty of room to grab the downtube when I lift the bike onto the rack. https://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts/height_adapter_-_mprob83

Oooo good idea I actually have one of those on my Rootdown I don’t really need on there!

Posted: Mar 15, 2022 at 18:44 Quote
Thanks. I figured I'd throw a little stoke out for the guys with inbound Starlings, and keep posting pics while she's still nice and shiny, before I crash her too many more times. lol

You get a chance to try out that cage adjustor yet?

Posted: Mar 15, 2022 at 20:47 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
Thanks. I figured I'd throw a little stoke out for the guys with inbound Starlings, and keep posting pics while she's still nice and shiny, before I crash her too many more times. lol

You get a chance to try out that cage adjustor yet?

I gazed upon it mounted on my Rootdown and muttered... I should swap that... then I turned away and shuffled out of the garage... so... first steps done!

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
photo
I'm lovin' the blue and yellow combo. When's the first ride?

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 6:08 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Thanks. I wanted something that would pop. I'm pretty pleased with it.

First ride was last week. I've ridden 3 of the last 6 days. I'm absolutely loving this bike. It's stupid fast.

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
Thanks. I wanted something that would pop. I'm pretty pleased with it.

First ride was last week. I've ridden 3 of the last 6 days. I'm absolutely loving this bike. It's stupid fast.

160/140?

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
140/127

I've spent the last 3 years riding my local trails on a 120mm ht, so I knew any squish on the rear would be a big change, and this way I won't be too over-biked on the mellower stuff, and I have room to beef up if I get more comfortable with air time or want yo lay the hammer down on even chunkier trails in the Sierra or other places.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012462
Mobile Version of Website