Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 2:20 Quote
I’ve no idea what tune the shock had or now has - I assumed they wouldn’t change any of the damper parameters.

But then mine isn’t a totally new shock - quite a few bits have changed but not everything.

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 13:29 Quote
dividebyzero wrote:
Make sure they give you the same tune as the old shock, they gave me a shock with a firm tune when my bike requires the softest tune. Doesnt feel good at all, very uncontrolled, zero grip, sits super high despite running 35% sag to try and compensate. HUGE downgrade from the stock shock.

This has made me realize how important tunes are, this shock feels nothing at all like the old shock (when it was working).

They automatically matched the tune of my previous shock to the tune of the new one. The tune codes changed from the old shock to the new shock so are you sure they didn't change it?

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 14:24 Quote
I just got an email stating my shocks are being shipped back to me this week. I sent out two 230x65s and one 230x62.5. The 62.5 is a perf version from an expert KSL. The other 2 were takeoffs I got off ebay. From the 3 invoices I'm getting the same 3 shocks with exact tunes/specs, all 230x62.5 shocks.

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 15:36 Quote
boylagz wrote:
I just got an email stating my shocks are being shipped back to me this week. I sent out two 230x65s and one 230x62.5. The 62.5 is a perf version from an expert KSL. The other 2 were takeoffs I got off ebay. From the 3 invoices I'm getting the same 3 shocks with exact tunes/specs, all 230x62.5 shocks.

Check the box when it arrives- they will handwrite the travel change to 62.5 if they do it. We have sent in over 75 shocks since summer with zero issues. Really stoked how Fox handles this. They could have found a way to get money out of customers (like many other industries) but they didn't. Cheers for a company actually standing behind a product when a mistake happens!

Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 0:38 Quote
Fox received my X2 on 07.12.2024 and sent it back on 09.01.2024, so just over a month wait. Would have been a bit of a bummer if I was riding the bike constantly, but I wasn't riding much over the Christmas period and I could just ride the hardtail anyway. Also, it seems in the UK, despite saying I would receive a new shock, I actually received my old shock back with the upgraded internals. I'm actually quite happy with this as it feels less wasteful than throwing away a shock that, with the exception of a few of the parts, was perfectly useable.

Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 1:11 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
Check the box when it arrives- they will handwrite the travel change to 62.5 if they do it. We have sent in over 75 shocks since summer with zero issues. Really stoked how Fox handles this. They could have found a way to get money out of customers (like many other industries) but they didn't. Cheers for a company actually standing behind a product when a mistake happens!
they'll be here tom. Will check.

Posted: Jan 26, 2024 at 10:17 Quote
I CAN CONFIRM, Fox did handwrite modified shock strokes in the box for the Float X2s. Also the serial numbers reflect such changes. Stoked.

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 18:54 Quote
boylagz wrote:
I CAN CONFIRM, Fox did handwrite modified shock strokes in the box for the Float X2s. Also the serial numbers reflect such changes. Stoked.

Where? I can't find anything on the box.

Otherwise very happy- sent in a Performance with 3 rides on it and got a Factory. Will supplement my DHX2 nicely Smile

Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 8:35 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
boylagz wrote:

Otherwise very happy- sent in a Performance with 3 rides on it and got a Factory. Will supplement my DHX2 nicely Smile
The 65 was handwritten in 2 of the 3 boxes, lower left.

photo

Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 10:19 Quote
boylagz wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:
boylagz wrote:

The 65 was handwritten in 2 of the 3 boxes, lower left.

photo

Thanks! I will have to triple check tonight but mine just has 65 printed there (should be 62.5).

I emailed and they SAID it was shortened to 62.5 and would have been tested. I guess I will be very careful when I install it.

I'm wondering if they just did it on yours because you had multiple coming and they needed to differentiate between strokes.

Also, looking at part numbers I don't think they have one for a 205x62.5. Makes it seem like all trunnion 62.5s would just come in a box that says 65.

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 22:43 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
i'm sharing my experience here as well...

Yes i'm riding an X2

Rebound doesnt work sent in for warranty

Again Rebound doesnt work, Warranty

came back from warranty leaked air... warranty

broken shaft, leaked oil, warranty

making those air oil noise, warranty

now its winter time, doesnt rode that much...

some air oil noise, rebound doesnt work...

called the service center, we dont know if we can do this under warranty...

Really Mad

Did they eventually come up with a solution? How do I contact the Swiss fox service center? Fuchs movesa? Don’t seem to find a än official fox contact. Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 17:24 Quote
I got a new bike in february. How can I see/check if the X2 is the faulty 2023 or the improved 2024 version?

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 23:09 Quote
Flametops wrote:
Hamburgi wrote:
i'm sharing my experience here as well...

Yes i'm riding an X2

Rebound doesnt work sent in for warranty

Again Rebound doesnt work, Warranty

came back from warranty leaked air... warranty

broken shaft, leaked oil, warranty

making those air oil noise, warranty

now its winter time, doesnt rode that much...

some air oil noise, rebound doesnt work...

called the service center, we dont know if we can do this under warranty...

Really Mad

Did they eventually come up with a solution? How do I contact the Swiss fox service center? Fuchs movesa? Don’t seem to find a än official fox contact. Thanks

You can't contact FuMo directly, better said, the service center of them.

You have to go over your Local Bike shop.

As i knew from my friend, got the infos yesterday. He's becoming a brand new shock.

I'll try or ask if they're doing the same with my two X2's

Posted: Mar 10, 2024 at 6:07 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
boylagz wrote:

I just got a brand new bike with an X2 that was squelching before even riding it.

As a matter of principle I refuse to pay to get this shock to them, it literally has failed out of the box.

They are giving me some pushback on that. The idea that a customer should be responsible for shipping a literally brand new shock back to them for “warranty review” is ridiculous, especially when the issue has been so widespread and documented, and even acknowledged by the brand.

I will see how it goes

Posted: Mar 10, 2024 at 13:00 Quote
Solorider13 wrote:
SPSuspension wrote:
boylagz wrote:

I just got a brand new bike with an X2 that was squelching before even riding it.

As a matter of principle I refuse to pay to get this shock to them, it literally has failed out of the box.

They are giving me some pushback on that. The idea that a customer should be responsible for shipping a literally brand new shock back to them for “warranty review” is ridiculous, especially when the issue has been so widespread and documented, and even acknowledged by the brand.

I will see how it goes

Can’t you just get the bike shop you bought it from to sort the return to Fox at their cost?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012806
Mobile Version of Website