Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The jah drop(jordan leeson)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The jah drop(jordan leeson)
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:19 Quote
yeah, how old is he anyway? just because he goes bigger than almost everyone on the planet...

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:20 Quote
Instead of dissing him this time round, I'm going to try and make some actual helpful statement's.

1) you GOTTA wear a gum shield - or you could definately smash all your teeth out on the bars or bite your tongue off if you have a seizure or something awful.

2) Wear MX boots (they help stop your ankles and lower legs breaking a LOT)
3) Put on every damn piece of armour you can afford or borrow.
4) Borrow your friends/random persons Leatt brace or other neck brace
5) Take 500mg Ibruprofen tablets before the drop because they help to reduce swelling too aswell as stop pain.

erm,, apart from that good luck

yaaaay!

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
1) Inform your parents. If they let you do it anyway, then we have a bad parenting topic for Oprah's talk show.

2) I have more respect for an intelligent kid who gives up rather than for a stubborn brainless kid who really thinks he could land this without any prior knowledge on big hucks.

3) Get an ambulance there. Seriously. Don't mess with fate.

4) I think it's all just a big joke. He won't do it. He won't even try it.

5) Good luck.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:23 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
Instead of dissing him this time round, I'm going to try and make some actual helpful statement's.

1) you GOTTA wear a gum shield - or you could definately smash all your teeth out on the bars or bite your tongue off if you have a seizure or something awful.

5) Take 500mg Ibruprofen tablets before the drop because they help to reduce swelling too aswell as stop pain.

yaaaay!

x2, defintly get a neck brace, and set your rebound super slow, or youll get a bourdo bounce up of death

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
lukau wrote:
1) Inform your parents. If they let you do it anyway, then we have a bad parenting topic for Oprah's talk show.

2) I have more respect for an intelligent kid who gives up rather than for a stubborn brainless kid who really thinks he could land this without any prior knowledge on big hucks.

5) Good luck.
dude he did the ord road gap, its HUGE

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

yaaaay!

x2, defintly get a neck brace, and set your rebound super slow, or youll get a bourdo bounce up of death

i think he's already has the leatt brace on when he hit that gillard gap

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
lukau wrote:

As said before by an (ex?) big hucker, road gaps and big hucks are quite different. A road gap won't be as brutal to your spine or joints as a big huck is (among other things, of course).

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 2:29 Quote
he might have a vagina.

you gotta take these things into account! she / he might be risking their fertility on this drop.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:21 Quote
road gaps and hucks are completely different Wink

road gaps / stepdowns are generally hit at high speed and as long as you have enough speed to make the landing without hanging up either of your wheels and you land straight, you can crash your brains out once you've touched down and you will slide out in a heap, but you'll generally be ok as your forward momentum from the speed of the gap means you de-accelerate slowly...as long as you don't hit a tree or rock as this will stop you suddenley as that is what does the damage

if you watched Bender at the last Rampage (not the recent Evolution) and saw him bail on the Bender Sender he landed on the seat of his pants into the stepdown, and slid out from a huge height up with massive speed, and walked away unhurt

here is an example of a step-down I used to ride, that put about 4 people in hospital with serious injuries, all from coming up short (lack of speed)

photo

now hucking is a different beast altogether, and actually takes alot more skill as there are more variable to contend with, and you need a different skill set, and much more strength

one of the big dangers is that you are not carrying much forward speed, and on a bike strong enough to huck you generally have heavy wheels, a heavy fork and a heavy bike, you must know the balance point of your bike and how much force to use when rolling off the lip

this depends on the shape of the lip, how far out you need to push to clear any obstacles, the angle of the lip (is it up, flat or down?), the angle of the landing and the material you are both launching off and landing into

because you are not carrying much forward speed, the impact upon landing is much more severe and it takes alot of strength to just hold onto your grips and stick your pedal, without smashing yourself into your bike as the landing comes up through your bike at you with huge force

basically its much easier to clear a road gap than do a big huck safely, which is an interesting idea as most people think that huckers have no skill

any idiot can pedal a bike fast and do a road gap, to huck at low speed takes real skill

photo

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
man if he makes this, irs gonna be some promo for norco if he does ride an aline
lmfao no it definitly wouldnt be. no one will care. times have changed.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:40 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
I'm laughing. All the hate on this kid because he rides better than most people at a young age and has balls/stupidity to do some huge shit. Rolleyes
how can u say he rides better, anyone can just huck themselves it just all depends on they stupidity level to what limits they can aquire, you obviously have no idea what a good rider means, it has nothing to do with huckin, and this kid i must admit did huck that road gap although A their was no style what so ever B he just about ate shit, so how does that mean hes better? if u mean more stupidity then yes your correct.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:45 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
lukau wrote:

5) Good luck.

and whats your poiunt hes doing something totaly different now. im sure anyone could have done that road gap, their was no skilll involved just balls and stupidity, hes style isnt their and he just about ate shit.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
Let me just show you what happens when someone unskilled attempts to huck 15 meter drop ( the JaH drop is almost 17 m)

the first attempt
https://youtube.com/watch?v=oYYTiQ_olkI

the second one

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-7zdhJY_tCE&feature=related

Mod
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 7:02 Quote
Stritsefer wrote:
Let me just show you what happens when someone unskilled attempts to huck 15 meter drop ( the JaH drop is almost 17 m)

the first attempt

the second one

Holy shit! Hope he's OK after that.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Stritsefer wrote:

the first attempt

the second one

Holy shit! Hope he's OK after that.

he was such a bad rider lmao he didnt reli even pull up on the first 1 what an idiot

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015415
Mobile Version of Website