Powered by Outside

2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
I'd rather watch F1 over NASCAR. I'm glad they like turning left all the time but I'd gladly watch something else. I think F1 is cool because they're at the peak of performance. Bring back the old 1997-1999 regulations. Those were the good olde days. I think F1 is about to crash and burn unless the FIA can do some dramatic changes.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
bonfire wrote:
harriieee wrote:
NASCAR man. I just remember that whole 'stepmother restraining order after murder and drug abuse accusations' thing around Jeremy Mayfield. Hilarious.

I love watching NASCAR. Not going to lie. Something about those cars being at the absolute limit of their performance, inches from each other. There is a significant amount of skill, that people just over look because it is 'NASCAR'.

Which I find lame.
cuz restricter plates dont limit the cars.

and their skill set is different from most racing though as i see it, as just about anyone can drive in circles. being inches from each other and using slipstreams to find the front of the pack, making passes at all the right times and making your final move at the right time so that no one catches you before the line, thats the skill i see. when they went to that race in mexico i believe, Montoya (ex F1 driver as im sure you all know) who was a rookie, took first. there were right hand turns, as it was a road course.

i may have missed something skill wise...i give the drivers and all credit as they do have skills, but i dont find the racing very exciting as theyre going in circles. the only exciting racing to me is schumy era F1, dirt rally's, and drifting. Dakar is pretty cool too.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
I miss the DAKAR it's a shame that it's very politically/violently heated to the point where DAKAR can't go through those parts

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
I'd rather watch F1 over NASCAR. I'm glad they like turning left all the time but I'd gladly watch something else. I think F1 is cool because they're at the peak of performance. Bring back the old 1997-1999 regulations. Those were the good olde days. I think F1 is about to crash and burn unless the FIA can do some dramatic changes.
the years of Schumy vs. Hakkinen were my favourites.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Yeah that was gay how it got canceled.

Those cars are at their limits, they are limited, but they are the edge of that limit. Still going as fast if not faster than F1. I don't think you understand how intense it is being that close to someone. They make a slight twitch and you could be in the wall.

Of Course Montoya would win that race, as those drivers hadn't raced a road course and if they had they have little experience. Everyone else still put up a decent fight.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
I miss the DAKAR it's a shame that it's very politically/violently heated to the point where DAKAR can't go through those parts
ya. its an awesome endurance race. i tried watching the baja 1000. not nearly as exciting...

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Yeah that was gay how it got canceled.

Those cars are at their limits, they are limited, but they are the edge of that limit. Still going as fast if not faster than F1. I don't think you understand how intense it is being that close to someone. They make a slight twitch and you could be in the wall.

Of Course Montoya would win that race, as those drivers hadn't raced a road course and if they had they have little experience. Everyone else still put up a decent fight.
i said that part of their skill set if driving inches away from people....

and i used that as an example of how their skill sets differ so much.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.automobilesreview.com/uploads/2009/03/jenson-button-brawn-gp_1.jpg

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Seems to be a fair amount of negative camber on those front wheels.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://image.automobilemag.com/f/motorsports/the-2009-red-bull-rb5-formula-one-car-debuts/16853083+w750+st0/sebastian-vettel-hits-the-track-in-the-2009-red-bull-rb5.jpg

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://alpinestarsinc.com/files/news/main/brawn_main900x300_3.jpg

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
Cheers. We know what an 09 F1 car looks like....

'10 will look basically the same (aero regs are fairly static) - the main difference is in the fuel tanks (and removal of KERS for those cars that currently have it)

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Hey, anyone want to buy Schumi's 94' Championship car?

Its for sale on ebay . Biddings at 2.6 million Euros, and they'll ship it anywhere for an additional 10,000 EUR. Apparently the car is currently located in Toronto (which is weird and cool at the same time). Looks like he just has it parked in his garage which is weird and cool at the same time.....

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
They are dropping KERS? I thought that was the only decent technology that F1 had created in years.

Schumi's car looks pretty cool. Cool how it is just chilling in someones garage.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
Agreed to a certain extent on KERS. Having an overboost is a neat option, but its also new tech that needs development......think of the money involved. It was said that when the FIA ruled the double diffusor was legal at the beginning of the year it would cost teams between $20-$60,000,000 (depending on team) to re-develop cars to use this setup and bring them up to speed. They talk about lowering costs per year, yet all the changes they make increase costs.

I was a little surprised when the new engine regs came as in 2.64L NA V-8. would have thought that moving back to smaller turbo engines would have been much better. Developing KERS for a road going application is a waste, but small displacement turbo engines are a way of the future in vehicles. Off of this you could also have a CART style overboost button that provides you with a kick of "x" seconds per lap/race. Developing these engines may have made it desirable for many companies to remain in F1. BMW has quite the history with turbos and the new 335i is an amazing car, Ferrari have talked about lowering Co2 and emissions by going back to the F40 stlye TT v-8, etc, etc, etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.452015
Mobile Version of Website