Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
Ok, so I got an issue I can't figure out... During these snowy months I am switching over my drivetrain from a Sram 1x10 (w/ Sunrace 11-40t) to a new Shimano XT 1x11 (w/ Sunrace 11-46t) and after switching the parts it is clear that the arm that holds the cable bolt on the RD hits/grinds the chain when upshifting or down shifting between the fifth and sixth cogs only. Here’s a few pics of the proximity between the cable arm and the chain when it’s on the sixth cassette cog.

photo

photo

I've always used sram in the past recent years, so this is my first experience with building with shimano, and right now it sucks. When I first mounted the derailleur to the hanger I remember thinking that the cable bolt arm looks like it projects way inward, and now it is proving to be an issue. Adjustment to B-limit has no effect. It's like the derailleur needs to be spaced away from from the frame more (not goat-link style, like putting a washer on the derailleur mounting bolt (which I don't think would be a good idea).

Any help?

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Picture from the side?

Also, is the XT derailleur a Direct Mount version or "normal" one ?

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
I ride THE same setup. No problems here. Indeed a directmount derailler?

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Picture from the side?

Also, is the XT derailleur a Direct Mount version or "normal" one ?

WECustomizeBikes wrote:
I ride THE same setup. No problems here. Indeed a directmount derailler?

It's the normal one, no direct mount. I figured it out, false alarm, I'm an idiot. When I torqued the RD bolt, the derailleur tab got separated from the hanger tab, so it was a little too "clockwise". I held it down when tightening the bolt but it must have spun at the very end. And I thought I saw that they were seated fine when I first checked. All good now.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
Bearing/Bushing wear- seem to be getting some unnecessary wear - everything is tightened to spec. Anyone have this issue or have a good solution? Occurring on both sides Cry

(pics aren't maybe embedding but links are below)

https://imgur.com/DL2C9SV

https://imgur.com/02rgwFg

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
jhilly wrote:
Bearing/Bushing wear- seem to be getting some unnecessary wear - everything is tightened to spec. Anyone have this issue or have a good solution? Occurring on both sides Cry

(pics aren't maybe embedding but links are below)

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Those pivot bolts need to be tightened...if they are tight you probably put the washers in wrong.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Those pivot bolts need to be tightened...if they are tight you probably put the washers in wrong.

Tight as can be (without over tightening)- I picked the bike up direct from Commencal USA and they haven't been replaced, yet...

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
Contact Commencal, send them those pictures and have them send you the new rocker link.

They're have problems with those bearings coming out on their own, and released an updated rocker link with the electric Meta AM, that has a snap ring that holds the bearings in place.

You can in the mean time remove the rocker link and bolts, and push the bearings in their seat (quite easier than pulling them out ...). Would fix that for a few rides, but you'd need to check those often.

I'd also request some spare bolts I guess ...

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Contact Commencal, send them those pictures and have them send you the new rocker link.

They're have problems with those bearings coming out on their own, and released an updated rocker link with the electric Meta AM, that has a snap ring that holds the bearings in place.

You can in the mean time remove the rocker link and bolts, and push the bearings in their seat (quite easier than pulling them out ...). Would fix that for a few rides, but you'd need to check those often.

Cool, I sent them a pic and some info this morning. Waiting to hear back. Good to know I can resolve for a few rides. If needed I can go pick up right from them as I'm only 30 minutes away... Thanks for your help

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Just make sure you remember how the spacers are set around this, there are 2 types of spacers with almost exactly the same shape, but they are not to be swapped. One is conical, the other one has a small lip at the centre. Write down where you removed each from, and it'll be a lot easier when you put it all back Smile

Also yes, if you have the time, it would be a lot easier to just pick it up from their local HQ ...

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Ploutre wrote:

Wouldn't proper tight bolts keep the bearing from moving out board? I don't see how it's possible. Even if they do somehow work their way out board a bit......tightening the bolt would push them back? Similar to they way you are telling him to take the link off and push them back in.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Ploutre wrote:

Wouldn't proper tight bolts keep the bearing from moving out board? I don't see how it's possible. Even if they do somehow work their way out board a bit......tightening the bolt would push them back? Similar to they way you are telling him to take the link off and push them back in.

commencal use has sent me a warranty form and asked for some more pics- hopefully everything is resolved. I'm not too concerned if I need to pay for new parts, but i guess if its a known design flaw I'm happy to get the warranty replacement

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014385
Mobile Version of Website