Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
and to make it better, you quote the pic as well....???

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 12:40 Quote
Well if it's here its damn sexy and srm

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 17:47 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Might as well get this over with quickly.

Commencal Absolut Ti frame, CC Aer headset, Niner rigid fork, Formula R1 brake w/ Scrub rotor, foam grips, YBN Ti chain, Next SL crankset, Maxxlite 285 tires, Tune/CX-Ray/ENVE wheels, Tune seat/post combo, Raceface bar/Syntace stem, some stupid mag/ti pedals by HT, the end. Come back when you've bought it.

this is one one the sickest frames i' ve seen even if it' s a little old... plus it looks super clean

Ti Commencal Absolut dj. 8.68kg

this build really light and it seems reasonnably solid if not bombproof ?

sorry for diggin', but this frame needed a pic.. don' t see it everywhere

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
It's an awesome frame and I'm definitely glad somebody stepped up to the plate and made it. I heard from one owner that the actual quality is not the greatest which is disappointing to hear.

Funnily enough actually the only other titanium hardtail (for our purposes obviously) of which I'm aware was also made by a French company - Candida. The difference is the geo was waaaaay ahead of its time in terms of chainstay length and such. Shame they seemingly went under without a trace.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 18:03 Quote
commencal isn' t the best for quality controls... had 3 of their frames, absolut had crappy paint and irregular welds, horrible paint on the furious also.. i was lucky this one was straight (shock rubbing)
a chance ther is no problems with my actual supreme, just repainted it... color don' t fall of this one ^^

there is one of thoses candidas for sale in france, but i don' t know which one it is... there was also a crmo one

i' d be curious about riding one with actual components... a magazine tried it and for them it was it was purely awesome even with an oldschool and heavy build

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
Pretty sure 24 Bicycles had a Ti street frame aswell. Just cant remember the name of the model. They had a steel frame and that one had a limited ammount of Ti versions. At least thats how i remember it.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 18:12 Quote
I can't remember if 24 did, but now that I think about it Charge did a titanium DJ frame somewhat recently. Geo looks like ass but I definitely appreciate companies messing around with different materials.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 18:18 Quote
never heard of it... but possible

a meno ti with 26 wheels and good parts... i' d kill to ride this one Eek
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/881/setup_checks/706/photos/2017/s780_DSC_0399.jpg?1352282247
edit-

they also made a ti fork... with adjustable offset/a2c, 1050g
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bigbike-magazine.com/media/page_newsletter/4b10810c756fefc07341bcb81c4fe479__prop_320x1000.jpg

but good luck to find one they only made a few as i know

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 22:59 Quote
crs-one wrote:
It's an awesome frame and I'm definitely glad somebody stepped up to the plate and made it. I heard from one owner that the actual quality is not the greatest which is disappointing to hear.

Funnily enough actually the only other titanium hardtail (for our purposes obviously) of which I'm aware was also made by a French company - Candida. The difference is the geo was waaaaay ahead of its time in terms of chainstay length and such. Shame they seemingly went under without a trace.
I really do love what they did with the BB.
photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 7:49 Quote
josh-clifton wrote:
crs-one wrote:

I really do love what they did with the BB.
photo

Until you ride micro drive and the chainslap saws away your chainstay.

Imagine having a Ti Tubagra frame... (doesnt excist)

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 8:03 Quote
How about something new? Been saving this for a while. Capitol Bikes Ti DJ (enve on kings, enve bar) and look, integrated headtube!

photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
willy94 wrote:
How about something new? Been saving this for a while. Capitol Bikes Ti DJ (enve on kings, enve bar) and look, integrated headtube!

photo
weight ???? :o

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
Couldnt find a build weight but I'll say 22ish. The guy is getting RF next sl cranks and a carbon xtr race brake for it, which he says will bring it sub 20.

Frame is 3 pounds flat and is $2k special order only.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
Milkshake was also doing custom ti frames for about $1200 USD if I recall. Not sure if anyone did an MTB.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019003
Mobile Version of Website