thomasmb wrote:
Going down the roll in:
Dropping in

Thats a nice roll in Big Grin The drop looks pretty fun too

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 1:30 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
Going down the roll in:
Dropping in

Looks rad... I would chicken wire it just because ply and loose dirt dont mix, and when someone gets loose on it they will rip their face off

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 9:16 Quote
Jamer go take up knitting.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 10:00 Quote
Rad idea, i could knit the trails little jumpers. Like trail cosy's, so they dont get cold in the winter!

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 11:02 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Rad idea, i could knit the trails little jumpers. Like trail cosy's, so they dont get cold in the winter!

DO IT !

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 13:05 Quote
2 guys, 5 days, to just cut and pin the tarps... imagine the knitting time

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/155465_463194998042_6673339_n.jpg

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 9:54 Quote
Dropping in
[/Quote]

wouldn't the exposed chicken wire cause flats?

there has got to be a better way!! how about "lattice fence?"

photo

snuggys for the jumps? I like!

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:12 Quote
Chicken wire is used soooo much on skinnies and ladders... It causes no issues what-so-ever. Maybe a staple that it attaches to would cause one but the chicken wire is fine

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:15 Quote
Chicken wire is just the standard material uses to make wet wood grippy (tehe wet wood) anyway yeah, a lattice fence would work, but it would be rougher than pubic stubble

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:39 Quote
The chicken wire is probably the best way to go, Both though how ever are week to Skids. The lattice Fence has lots of little nails holding the SLATS together witch can cause Flats. They can be screwed on, But the exposing nails can be easily hammered back in place via; rocks. Peg, hammer ex.

DearD when you tell people you're going to ban people into Oblivion
Public feels uncomfortable and unwilling to talk.

EDIT>
You don't have to run 90 psi all the time and that should help smooth the ride.

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:42 Quote
All I got from that was the word skids in the first part, didn't understand anything else. Who skids on a roll in..? If anything you pedal

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
All I got from that was the word skids in the first part, didn't understand anything else. Who skids on a roll in..? If anything you pedal
I skid on the roll in and I roll over the ops of lips because I'm scared to hit em!

The best is when you under shoot the jump and case your front wheel on the back of the landers!

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:49 Quote
He's kinda like that rambling guy you see walking streets. You'll get something out of the conversation just you aren't sure what.

Posted: Jun 5, 2013 at 10:50 Quote
johnparkhurst wrote:
The chicken wire is probably the best way to go, Both though how ever are week to Skids. The lattice Fence has lots of little nails holding the SLATS together witch can cause Flats. They can be screwed on, But the exposing nails can be easily hammered back in place via; rocks. Peg, hammer ex.

DearD when you tell people you're going to ban people into Oblivion
Public feels uncomfortable and unwilling to talk.

EDIT>
You don't have to run 90 psi all the time and that should help smooth the ride.

Its not about smoothness. I run 40, i would still feel slats or a trellice on 20 inch wheels, its why i make my trails buttery smooth. Its also not about skids, you skid easier on chicken wire than on wood, the difference is chicken wire isnt smooth, so it doesnt get slick from dust or moisture

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017438
Mobile Version of Website