Powered by Outside

Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
I called chromag and Ian said I'm good to take up to 15mm off but if I do no warranty anymore....

Anyone want a 200mm reverb for a steal?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Pkemp227 wrote:
I called chromag and Ian said I'm good to take up to 15mm off but if I do no warranty anymore....

Anyone want a 200mm reverb for a steal?
r

I could trade you a 150.

The warranty is only one year anyways. The chance of needing to use it in the next 12 months is pretty slim.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
Ordered some new rubber today, stoked to take the Primer out on some fresh tread to really lay into some corners

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
davecheng wrote:
Sadly, D'Arcy is no longer with us. He passed away this week after battling cancer for over a year. A beloved member of the Chromag family, D'Arcy was likely the person who hand-prepped your frame. Rest in peace, my friend.

Shit. Tried to find more info on Darcy. I am now sad.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
Heading home tomorrow where my new primer is waiting in a box at the LBS. Chromag sent me a peak but I can't wait to see it in real life. Hopefully will have it ready to roll by Wednesday.

Paint Preview
preview of paint

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
photo

Put some new shoes on the Primer last night. Ended up going with DHFs front and back. These were such a breeze to setup and I'm stoked to test them out.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
photo
photo
photo
Finally rode it today for the first time. My goodness. First impression: love the seating position, made climbing easy. A couple of times I forgot that I was on a hardtail, but my worn out tires reminded me... just so much fun. Future improvements include new tires (gonna go bigger than the 2.3 I’m currently running) any recommendations? Can’t seem to find stock on any tires specifically assegai and dhr tires... might look at wtb verdict and judge combo as an option. Love to know what you all are running. Prefer not to run a insert but might consider it if it means saving my wheel! So stoked on how it all turned out.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
I would hold out for the Assegai up front for sure .If you are a crusher then any of the Maxxis DD series out back especially on a hardtail where you are going to be using the durability factor to the max on the rear. I have a 2.5 dd max grip DHF on the rear now I am amazed with the punishment it has taken, im sure if I wasn't not running the Reserves I would have been having to replace a few rims in the last month or so... If you are more of a lofty rider you can maybe get away with the exo casing out back but it will probably cause even the loftiest of riders some trouble at some point in fast rocky conditions.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
slaker wrote:
I would hold out for the Assegai up front for sure .If you are a crusher then any of the Maxxis DD series out back especially on a hardtail where you are going to be using the durability factor to the max on the rear. I have a 2.5 dd max grip DHF on the rear now I am amazed with the punishment it has taken, im sure if I wasn't not running the Reserves I would have been having to replace a few rims in the last month or so... If you are more of a lofty rider you can maybe get away with the exo casing out back but it will probably cause even the loftiest of riders some trouble at some point in fast rocky conditions.

Solid advice... DD Rear and probably eco+ up front.

Glad I waited to get this but also wondering why it took so long to get one. I had that feeling I had when I swung my leg over my old Honzo way back when. Just felt right.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
Finally rode it today for the first time. My goodness. First impression: love the seating position, made climbing easy. A couple of times I forgot that I was on a hardtail, but my worn out tires reminded me... just so much fun. Future improvements include new tires (gonna go bigger than the 2.3 I’m currently running) any recommendations? Can’t seem to find stock on any tires specifically assegai and dhr tires... might look at wtb verdict and judge combo as an option. Love to know what you all are running. Prefer not to run a insert but might consider it if it means saving my wheel! So stoked on how it all turned out.

What colour is that? Indigo?
It looks great with the Kashima.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Looking good Chef!!!

And Mr. Lenoric

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
slaker wrote:
I would hold out for the Assegai up front for sure .If you are a crusher then any of the Maxxis DD series out back especially on a hardtail.

Went this route 10 days ago....what a difference. I was washing the front end out and feeling sketch (2.3 Maxxis on 30mm rims)....the day before a big 30 mile alpine route i said "fckit" and went full hog. Such an unbelievable difference. Highly recommended. I did notice the difference on the climb tho...but fully worth it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020910
Mobile Version of Website