Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
No problem, I bet the transparent paints will work well over an initial base coat of the spray max.

I had a question for you guys, Im building a chromag right now and getting the chainline together has me scratching my head. Anyone run a sram dub BB on a Doctahawk? If so, how many spacers did you use for the cranks, and what size?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:
No problem, I bet the transparent paints will work well over an initial base coat of the spray max.

I had a question for you guys, Im building a chromag right now and getting the chainline together has me scratching my head. Anyone run a sram dub BB on a Doctahawk? If so, how many spacers did you use for the cranks, and what size?

I have a Rootdown, but based on what Chromag's site says, the Doctahawk runs the same BB and 148 spacing. I'm running a dub BB with Stylo cranks and am using a single 2mm spacer on the drive side. Have not had any issues with that thus far.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:

Just one spacer on the drive side for my ‘hawk.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Awesome! Thank you, guys! I figured the BB was the same as the Rootdown, but I wasn't sure. Any pictures of your Doctahawk Robbie? I feel like they are pretty rare.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:
Awesome! Thank you, guys! I figured the BB was the same as the Rootdown, but I wasn't sure. Any pictures of your Doctahawk Robbie? I feel like they are pretty rare.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Best hardtail I’ve ever owned period. It climbs better and descends better than anything I’ve owned. Fortunately, I’m 5’-10” and smack dab in the middle for a M/L so the stays are short which I like. I know the longer stays feel better for some taller riders when the sizes go up on the Doctahawk, but the short chainstays on my M/L frame makes the bike snap and easier to pull the front end up for drops and techy stuff.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
That thing is RAD!!! I love the finish on it. I'm building up a large right now, really excited to ride it.

Great action shots BTW

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
Yeah Robbie. That slab shot is money. Such a cool looking feature!

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
Uno mas
Wow!! So much bad ass.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:53 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah, one of my favorites. It’s high up in the back country too. Makes it that much more spicy. Photo doesn’t do justice...

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah, one of my favorites. It’s high up in the back country too. Makes it that much more spicy. Photo doesn’t do justice...

Never does but your body position says its steep and sketchy...

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
photo
wideangle build from a couple weeks ago. i know it’s not a 29er but it’s a chromag and it’s my first ever hardtail. now if only i can learn how to not blow my feet off the pedals on chatter!

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
Sweet wide angle man... i dig the color.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
soloknight6 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

Best hardtail I’ve ever owned period. It climbs better and descends better than anything I’ve owned. Fortunately, I’m 5’-10” and smack dab in the middle for a M/L so the stays are short which I like. I know the longer stays feel better for some taller riders when the sizes go up on the Doctahawk, but the short chainstays on my M/L frame makes the bike snap and easier to pull the front end up for drops and techy stuff.
Sick Hawk.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
Nice. Is the finish on that Doctahawk just clearcoat?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019424
Mobile Version of Website