Powered by Outside

Pinkbike *PREMIUM*

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Pinkbike *PREMIUM*
FL
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
I see that the photos are loading slower and it takes longer for a video to even start loading last times. Is it something wrong with my connection (generally quite fast) or some drawback for users-who-dont-want-to-pay ?

O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
brooce wrote:
I see that the photos are loading slower and it takes longer for a video to even start loading last times. Is it something wrong with my connection (generally quite fast) or some drawback for users-who-dont-want-to-pay ?

Yeah, I don't know. I've had to let every video I've watched today load ahead, which I very rarely have done before. And my internet speeds are the same as usual... Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
Nope pictures are loading much slower for me too, as are videos.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
crashin wrote:
Nope pictures are loading much slower for me too, as are videos.

So it's just turning into every other forum out there with optional "premium" memberships. Going off of this, we can expect extra ads for us "regular members" in the near future. lol

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 18:23 Quote
i am not getting it, not worth it... 2 cents

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
If its a real problem your going to have to get it guys, dont complain. Pinkbike offers a lot as a free site anyway.

If i start to find issues with slow uploads or whatever i will upgrade. but untill then i will manage fine.

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 9:05 Quote
Anyone think that when they made this premium member shit that they screwed us "other users" by increasing our upload time? Think about it. They increased our upload time, but now the "premium" users are supposedly faster, maybe the premium users get the same upload time as before but us "other" people just got screwed with slower uploads?

Just a theory.

Posted: May 29, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
I'm not buying it neither it should'nt be on here why not just keep the good old Pinkbike.

Posted: May 29, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I'm not buying it neither it should'nt be on here why not just keep the good old Pinkbike.

"I'm not being it neither" means you're going to buy it.

Oh yeah, and the 'good old pinkbike' is still here. You're using it right now. Free of charge.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2010 at 16:23 Quote
if you buy the membership ($30 cad) then You want to buy a go pro cam ($369 CAD) then you save $55.35 on the cam from the 15% discount.. wich is $20.35 if you include membership.. so if you want the go pro cam from the pinkbike store then its worth it..

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 7:23 Quote
Why is it such a huge deal to everyone? You sound like a bunch of whiners. Either pay $30, or deal with how the site is now. They're not going to change it back.

By the way, of you people who HAVE upgraded, how long did it take? I sometime this past week but haven't received my stickers, or had my account upgraded.

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 7:24 Quote
I haven't been able to view pictures or videos on my computer since they rolled out plus

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 6:06 Quote
timlake wrote:
It's just giving the people who have the extra cash and want rid of the ad's etc the chance to do so.

I appreciate this is quite late, but that's an extremely naive view. Suggesting that free pinkbike won't have changed with the introduction of 'pinkbike plus' is pretty foolish, don't you think? Therefore, this is detrimental to those of us who are unwilling to pay.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 6:12 Quote
Pinkbike hasn't changed for anyone except those who've purchased plus.

It's still exactly the same site, just some people can now view it ad-free.

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 7:25 Quote
There's way more adverts than there were previously, and if they start prioritising bandwidth to premium users, our connection speed will suffer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013010
Mobile Version of Website