Powered by Outside

2011 Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2011 Glory
Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 16:59 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
I read somewhere the kashima coating is only available on aftermarket versions of Fox forks.

true. talked to the giant rep and commencial rep and both said that kashima will be available for 2012 oem models.

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
skaterfreak wrote:
R-P-S wrote:
I read somewhere the kashima coating is only available on aftermarket versions of Fox forks.

true. talked to the giant rep and commencial rep and both said that kashima will be available for 2012 oem models.

Do you guys really feel that the 2011 Boxxer Teams aren't comparable to Fox 40's?

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
nightmareterror wrote:
skaterfreak wrote:
R-P-S wrote:

Do you guys really feel that the 2011 Boxxer Teams aren't comparable to Fox 40's?

i havent ridden a 2011 boxxer but if its anything like the 2010 boxxer than they arent even close to the new 40's. the new 40 has the small bump sensitivity of the 09 world cups due to the kashima coating. i love mine

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
I had the opportunity to ride a 2011 giant glory 01 and I can say that the 2011 boxxer r2c2 is much better with small bump compliance than the 2010 boxxer team, however I still feel there is room for improvement.

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 at 19:00 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
same, the 00 is so bland and boring this year
i have a 2011 00 and i actully really like the look of it in the photos i dident like the look very much. but in person it look way didfrent.

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
liveinthedhlife wrote:
kris-mk wrote:
same, the 00 is so bland and boring this year
i have a 2011 00 and i actully really like the look of it in the photos i dident like the look very much. but in person it look way didfrent.
yeah that's normally how things go, things always look much nicer in person, I won't truly judge it until I see one.

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 at 21:45 Quote
The 2011 Glory 01 looks better IMO, everything is custom color matched for their blue and white frame. Very sick.

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
Nobble wrote:
The 2011 Glory 01 looks better IMO, everything is custom color matched for their blue and white frame. Very sick.
ya i have to agree with you but i like a more clean bike than a really eye chatching bike.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 19:08 Quote
I test rode a 2011 Glory 01 at my LBS on Friday just to get an initial impression. The shop didn't have a 00 on the floor. Nice bike, nice enough that I put a deposit down on a 2011 Glory 00. The bike weighed in at approximately 40 pounds.

My only real complaint is that Giant ran the hose and cable to the rear by going down the front face of the down tube. This is too exposed for me in terms of having rocks thrown up while riding, possibly damaging them. Also, in this position they may be damaged when carried draped over the tailgate of my truck. I'll reroute the hose and cable to get around this issue.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
oldman54 wrote:
I test rode a 2011 Glory 01 at my LBS on Friday just to get an initial impression. The shop didn't have a 00 on the floor. Nice bike, nice enough that I put a deposit down on a 2011 Glory 00. The bike weighed in at approximately 40 pounds.

My only real complaint is that Giant ran the hose and cable to the rear by going down the front face of the down tube. This is too exposed for me in terms of having rocks thrown up while riding, possibly damaging them. Also, in this position they may be damaged when carried draped over the tailgate of my truck. I'll reroute the hose and cable to get around this issue.
ya are you thinking of running them under the shock? i have seen a few people do that

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 20:20 Quote
Thanks for the idea. I took delivery of the bike today. I am thinking of using Jagwire guides and going under the shock is a good possibility.

snowtrooperjr wrote:
photo
just like that

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 20:41 Quote
I just ordered a 00 frame today, beyond stoked about it. Throwing my 40 on the front. my first big kids downhill bike.

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 22:36 Quote
FoxValleyRipper wrote:
I just ordered a 00 frame today, beyond stoked about it. Throwing my 40 on the front. my first big kids downhill bike.
You wont be disappointed

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
cant find this anywhere...what spring weight comes with the medium size frame? 450?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017190
Mobile Version of Website