Powered by Outside

does painting a p.3 void the warranty?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
does painting a p.3 void the warranty?
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
aniyn wrote:
lionel17 wrote:
aniyn wrote:
Ya, because that paint just eats right through the metal (/sarcasm)
Seems like just another way to screw you over and get out of their warranty responsibilities.

Are you some kind of idiot? Painting the frame isn't what voids the warranty so much as how you strip the paint to begin with.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I didn't know you don't have sarcasm in england; interesting.

You missed the point.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
lionel17 wrote:
aniyn wrote:
lionel17 wrote:

Are you some kind of idiot? Painting the frame isn't what voids the warranty so much as how you strip the paint to begin with.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I didn't know you don't have sarcasm in england; interesting.

You missed the point.

So did you.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
what the shit. calm down little kids.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 13:04 Quote
not debrmanns guy grinded his chian stays or some thing dobbermann sent him new frame

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
thats gay i think yo should be alowe dto paint your frame

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:

well in order to paint it u have to sand it which weakens the frame

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:

Well when you make your own frame company, you can let people treat their frames like shit, and strip them in ways which weaken them. Then you can pay to send them new frames.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
signorvince wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:

Well when you make your own frame company, you can let people treat their frames like shit, and strip them in ways which weaken them. Then you can pay to send them new frames.
what if you dont sand it,and mabey i will make a frame company an di wont let you buy one:P

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
signorvince wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:

what if you dont sand it,and mabey i will make a frame company an di wont let you buy one:P

I only buy quality frames.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
yes it well void your warrenty...its usually not the painting part, its the sandblasting part...because if you dont sandblast to close or not at the right pressure it can affect your strength of the frame... so that means most companys well not get you a new frame is you broke it or bent it after you painted it...

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
That would be Class Action Paint and Powdercoat and that is correct.

so basically this thread was over after this post as they are indeed the only specialized approved paint shop that can paint your p3 and not have the warranty voided

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
Don't bother sanding or striping it whatsoever. Just clean it thouroughly (really clean!) Use some kind of paint thinner for this - keep it very free from any oil. Even dirty hands. Hang it up and spray-bomb it. Don't worry about the warranty. If you brake a tough hardtail like this riding it you don't deserve warranty. Sorry buddy.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
just sell the frame im sure alot of people would buy it i mean i like them if it was reasonable i would buy it

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
Who needs warranty any ways? Paint away Picasso.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
just spray atleast 3 layers of primer over the existing paint of the frame and paint on top of the primer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012292
Mobile Version of Website