Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 0:11 Quote
How does it compare to other bikes you have rode? I'm looking for a new HD frame that's why I'm asking so much lol it's kind of hard to find one in the states to try out

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 at 4:55 Quote
What chainline you guys got? I just bought Summum pro team frame set and truvativ cranks with the 56mm chainline.

I'm still waiting for my wheels and chainring. Should I go for more narrow chainline or should I be fine with that?

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 at 12:17 Quote
jarde wrote:
What chainline you guys got? I just bought Summum pro team frame set and truvativ cranks with the 56mm chainline.

I'm still waiting for my wheels and chainring. Should I go for more narrow chainline or should I be fine with that?
should be good, just space your chain guide

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 7:23 Quote
Reply to myself:

Didn't quite workout.
I ran out of spacers and bolt lenght at 7,5mm pile of spacers... And the chainline was still way too much out!

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 0:00 Quote
jarde wrote:
Reply to myself:

Didn't quite workout.
I ran out of spacers and bolt lenght at 7,5mm pile of spacers... And the chainline was still way too much out!
have you mounted your chainring as a middle or outer on the crank ?

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 11:04 Quote
Chainring was mounted in the middle(innerside).

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 at 12:10 Quote
Little update:

I got BB with more narrow chainline spec and grinded few millemeters off from my precious LG1 chainguide and everything is now working fine!

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
Just got my pro team black limited edition up and running its awesome. What suspension setup is everyone using? Just trying to dial in the fox 40 s and rear shock. Cheers guys, also internal cable noise:-( any ideas

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 20:04 Quote
Moteymoney wrote:
Just got my pro team black limited edition up and running its awesome. What suspension setup is everyone using? Just trying to dial in the fox 40 s and rear shock. Cheers guys, also internal cable noise:-( any ideas

saw on gee atherton's bike,i think, they had some clay/playdoe around the cables where it entere/exited the internal sections

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 23:52 Quote
Moteymoney wrote:

you could ask Mojo suspension for some pointers, i'm going to send them my shock for custom valving Big Grin .

I used some kind of foamtape around the cables. Works good.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 11:45 Quote
Bottom linkage taps the frame on the underside!, is this right? When I compress then release the rear end when it rebounds? Not sure if that makes sense.. Also shock pivot bolts keep undoing themselves any ideas? Cheers

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 13:31 Quote
Moteymoney wrote:
Bottom linkage taps the frame on the underside!, is this right? When I compress then release the rear end when it rebounds? Not sure if that makes sense.. Also shock pivot bolts keep undoing themselves any ideas? Cheers

did you change your shock? it looks like your shock is too long?

About the shockpivots i use some Locktite threadlock but it still manage to loosen up sometimes. Be sure to check once in a while. I almost bent the upper linkages. The shock pivot bolt was halfway out and I didn't noticed it before I stopped my run.

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
Akimbo wrote:
Moteymoney wrote:

did you change your shock? it looks like your shock is too long?

About the shockpivots i use some Locktite threadlock but it still manage to loosen up sometimes. Be sure to check once in a while. I almost bent the upper linkages. The shock pivot bolt was halfway out and I didn't noticed it before I stopped my run.

The shock came with the frame, will try the locktite. Got a 350lbs spring and I weigh 185ilbs do u think I need to change the spring? Cheers

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
Here is my new build:
Mondraker Summum Pro Team Finally the beast is ready
Mondraker Summum Pro Team Finally the beast is ready

60° head angle and 1235mm wheelbase - medium frame. Hope you like it.

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 12:33 Quote
Nice fella got the same rig it's awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019889
Mobile Version of Website