FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
tobiebiker wrote:
z-man wrote:
M9 hands down
the TR40 is over seas made.
TR450 is simple and sweet
the M9 is just f*cking awesome
over seas hand made either way a weld is a weld but the m9 is only built for dh it jumps like old people f*ck its weird awkward and no one wants to say it but everybody knows they shouldnt be doing it
a weld is absolutely not a weld, even that matirial sourced from over seas have higher impurities in them, then our frame matirials do. Over seas you have 30 guys each doing a separate weld on the production line. I am a welder and i can tell you a weld is not a f*cking weld, there are so many variability, and when welding high alloyed aluminum you need to keep ALL impurities out of the base material, and to do this you need to have a very skilled tig welder. As we speak, i have a demo 8 II and a knolly podium right beside me, the demo has craters from not using sufficient filler at the end of each weld, slightly uneven footing in some spots, and its not the most even. Now i take a look at the knolly, everything is f*cking beautiful! the puddle is beautifully wet out, no craters, no cold lad, and everything is beautifully even.
i wouldn't even compare a over seas frame to a nice north American frame made by hand.

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
tobiebiker wrote:
well if u want to be able to ride anything besides hardcore pure WC tracks go with a tr450 but the m9 are still sick

tr is fine for wc tracks

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 11:46 Quote
z-man wrote:
tobiebiker wrote:
z-man wrote:
M9 hands down
over seas hand made either way a weld is a weld but the m9 is only built for dh it jumps like old people f*ck its weird awkward and no one wants to say it but everybody knows they shouldnt be doing it
a weld is absolutely not a weld, even that matirial sourced from over seas have higher impurities in them, then our frame matirials do. Over seas you have 30 guys each doing a separate weld on the production line. I am a welder and i can tell you a weld is not a f*cking weld, there are so many variability, and when welding high alloyed aluminum you need to keep ALL impurities out of the base material, and to do this you need to have a very skilled tig welder. As we speak, i have a demo 8 II and a knolly podium right beside me, the demo has craters from not using sufficient filler at the end of each weld, slightly uneven footing in some spots, and its not the most even. Now i take a look at the knolly, everything is f*cking beautiful! the puddle is beautifully wet out, no craters, no cold lad, and everything is beautifully even.
i wouldn't even compare a over seas frame to a nice north American frame made by hand.
+1

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
ganzert13 wrote:
z-man wrote:
tobiebiker wrote:
+1

+10 I have had Demo 9s 8s 7s and a 2010 Glory. I now have the M9 and the quality of the frame is amazing. The welds blow away any of the overseas frame I have had.
Price wise the M9 is definitely a good value, CCDB and Angleset standard. Also it is not like you would get lost with the adjust ability. Start in the middle settings and go from there, it really is not rocket science.

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:31 Quote
Thats a tough decision, i WOULD GO m9, it looks awesome.
I am in the same boat, but rather the choice of the 2011 M9 or 2011 V10(not carbon). I am thinking the M9 but I love to jump and love the technical DH courses. Which would be better??? M9 or v10??? Any help would be great!

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
oldschoolj wrote:
I am in the same boat, but rather the choice of the 2011 M9 or 2011 V10(not carbon). I am thinking the M9 but I love to jump and love the technical DH courses. Which would be better??? M9 or v10??? Any help would be great!

why no carbon v10?

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:36 Quote
ganzert13 wrote:
oldschoolj wrote:

why no carbon v10?

It costs alot of moneyz (i think thats the reason?)

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:37 Quote
bout the same price as an M9

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:38 Quote
Then I am not sure.

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 17:43 Quote
im pretty sure the carbon v10 is less than the m9.... and perhaps better?

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 18:10 Quote
z-man wrote:
tobiebiker wrote:
z-man wrote:
M9 hands down

I have argued that entire made in America point so many times but people don't seem to want to believe it. The fit and finish on my current Taiwanese frame is not so great. I miss my Kingfisher. My next bike will be made in America. That said, I vote Intense.

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
oldschoolj wrote:

1 for the average person as in non-Syndicate I don't trust the carbon V-10.

2 Kovarik took second in the Crankworx Colorado Air DH, aboard the M9. So yes you can air it out. Set it up to feel like a 951 if that is what you like.

3 set it up with a short wb for technical stuff or even long if that works better on your course/trails

4 the craftsmenship and welds are darn sexy.

5 CCDB and Angleset

6 did I mention the sexy welds and craftsmenship?

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
dchill wrote:
oldschoolj wrote:

1 for the average person as in non-Syndicate I don't trust the carbon V-10.

2 Kovarik took second in the Crankworx Colorado Air DH, aboard the M9. So yes you can air it out. Set it up to feel like a 951 if that is what you like.

3 set it up with a short wb for technical stuff or even long if that works better on your course/trails

4 the craftsmenship and welds are darn sexy.

5 CCDB and Angleset

6 did I mention the sexy welds and craftsmenship?

1.Those are all excellent points to consider, Carbon V10 is a $$ issue, and I dont need the bling.
2.Kovarik rocks, except his crash of the GLC at crankworx whistler.
3.The adjustmants are a great bonus, props to Intense for ingenuity.
4.CCDB, nothing to say, love it
5.Welds, sexiness, its aDH bike....

okay so looks like the M9 has got a vote, and its sexy in red!!

Thanks guys...give me some more pointers to get it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 19:32 Quote
i'm not sure why you wouldn't trust a carbon v10... i think people should wait until they get some up close real life time before they judge based on what randoms assume on the internet 2 cents

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
Kiran wrote:
i'm not sure why you wouldn't trust a carbon v10... i think people should wait until they get some up close real life time before they judge based on what randoms assume on the internet 2 cents

I have seen a few cracked Mojos and ones with holes in them. Those bikes are not even ridden as hard as a DH bike. Aluminum dents, carbon gets a hole in it.
Some reason the alum V-10s I have ridden I never liked but the M6 I loved. That is why I went with the M9 oh and the geometry. Isn't that what matters and build quality?
I could have ordered the C V-10, DHR, Demo or the M9. My shop sells all of them but the M9 worked best for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014551
Mobile Version of Website