photo

is that yours

I wish! its for sale on pb

can u send me a link

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 10:25 Quote
[Quote="joshuathemtbr"]
uttanutta12 wrote:
joshuathemtbr wrote:

you looking at the FRO socom or normal one?

normal

ahh good Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
Aggression wrote:
joshuathemtbr wrote:

is that yours

I wish! its for sale on pb

can u send me a link
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/799824/

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
Aggression wrote:
Found an 09 Glory https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/754013/
Thats real nice, Im liking this one.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 10:51 Quote
I'd go socom, I find the little triangle at the bottom of the older glory to be hideous, plus the intense isn't a taiwan big box brand. And I know you dont care about weight but it never hurts to have a bike a bit lighter especially when it comes with no added cost of strength or other factors

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
snapped my socom frame.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:18 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:
snapped my socom frame.
how

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:24 Quote
i injured my knee while riding and was out for almost 6 months. while recovering, i got a socom and built it up light: totem solo air, dh parts, but with XC wheels so i could ride it on trails as i built strength up in my knee. so, i cracked the frame where the top tube meets the seat tube while ONLY riding xc. b/c of that, i decided never to ride an intense again. and they're creaky, flexy frames too.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:
i injured my knee while riding and was out for almost 6 months. while recovering, i got a socom and built it up light: totem solo air, dh parts, but with XC wheels so i could ride it on trails as i built strength up in my knee. so, i cracked the frame where the top tube meets the seat tube while ONLY riding xc. b/c of that, i decided never to ride an intense again. and they're creaky, flexy frames too.

unlucky, that is really strange, i will have to consider that

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
weight should be something you consider when choosing between them, my socom is 5 lbs lighter than the old glory and that was with different frame, cranks and Ti spring. The glory is more of a plough bike and the socom is better at skipping over things however the VPP suspension does take up the rough stuff well, consider your riding style and which frame suits it better,

my Socom, not a particulary light build and comes in at 37.5 lbs

photo

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
Aggression wrote:
Have u got a price limit?

with a budget like that ^ i woudl strongly recommend you look into a used Demo 8.

i test rode a Glory and a Socom before I bought my 2007 Demo 8, hands down the best decision I made yet (going with the Demo).

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
Socom if your smooth and glory if your not!

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 13:22 Quote
glory cuz i ride 1

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 13:25 Quote
my frind g-man rides a glory OO withc is the freeride one it seems beast

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 13:29 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:

You mean this kinda flexxy.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011695
Mobile Version of Website