Powered by Outside

Parents wont let me ride DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Parents wont let me ride DH
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 8:11 Quote
samsemtex wrote:
YetiSuperX wrote:
Just go with the story: "It's healthy. I'm not just playing video games..."

I've been racing BMX for 4 years or so. Been joyriding FR and road. My knee is a mess, my left shoulder only got like 90% power after a crash 2 years ago and i could go on... You can't say riding is safe, cause it's not...

Use google to find some good arguments. and by the way. don't buy the HT, when it comes to DH go with a fully or you will regret it Wink

You wont regret it in two years time when you upgrade to full suss and your going faster than all the lads who started on full suspension bikes.

And then you can keep the hard tail for dirt jumping or something. Lets face it, if you buy a cheap full suspension when you start you're never going to use it again when you get a good bike. If you get a decent hard tail for the same money you can still find a use for it.

This! I started on a full susser, and was a shit rider. Then, I got into hardtails and BMX, and learned bike control, and so on. I hopped on my fully the other day, and it felt so easy to ride, and so much easier to handle. Buy a hardtail first, otherwise you'll get lazy, and never learn to ride right.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 8:34 Quote
go riding dh on your xc bike and when you go home all bruised with a broken or almost broken bike that almost killed you (make it up if it doesn't) blame them with wanting you to get hurt, not caring about you etc then they will prob let you get a bike that won't be so dangours Smile

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 8:46 Quote
Dirt-Street-Park wrote:
samsemtex wrote:
YetiSuperX wrote:
Just go with the story: "It's healthy. I'm not just playing video games..."

I've been racing BMX for 4 years or so. Been joyriding FR and road. My knee is a mess, my left shoulder only got like 90% power after a crash 2 years ago and i could go on... You can't say riding is safe, cause it's not...

Use google to find some good arguments. and by the way. don't buy the HT, when it comes to DH go with a fully or you will regret it Wink

You wont regret it in two years time when you upgrade to full suss and your going faster than all the lads who started on full suspension bikes.

And then you can keep the hard tail for dirt jumping or something. Lets face it, if you buy a cheap full suspension when you start you're never going to use it again when you get a good bike. If you get a decent hard tail for the same money you can still find a use for it.

This! I started on a full susser, and was a shit rider. Then, I got into hardtails and BMX, and learned bike control, and so on. I hopped on my fully the other day, and it felt so easy to ride, and so much easier to handle. Buy a hardtail first, otherwise you'll get lazy, and never learn to ride right.

Was assuming the basics was dialled. Redface

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 12:36 Quote
thanks for all the help lads i was talking to my parents and they said that they would think about it

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 12:41 Quote
1 small step for man, but a giant for you lol

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 11:40 Quote
mikedm wrote:
thanks for all the help lads i was talking to my parents and they said that they would think about it
They always say "we will think about it" I used to hear that a lot.if you go out with friends riding its a lot easier to convince them say "your being left out" parents hate it when there kids are left out of something and being bored.if you do get into DH don't go flat out straight away and injur yourself because they will be like "we were right and you should of listened to us"

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 16:47 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
mikedm wrote:
They always say "we will think about it" I used to hear that a lot.if you go out with friends riding its a lot easier to convince them say "your being left out" parents hate it when there kids are left out of something and being bored.if you do get into DH don't go flat out straight away and injur yourself because they will be like "we were right and you should of listened to us"

Congrats! But from experience, "I'll think about it" is usually a no. Just get an old used xc bike, and ride it fairly hard. You're bound to fall once in a while (with or without a dh bike) and when you do, show your parents and say either it's YOU breaking or the BIKE, since it's a piece of shit.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:33 Quote
You should not ride DH. It's seems you don't have the balls for it. Stay on the XC stuff.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:42 Quote
if you dont crash once in a while your not pushing yourself hard enough1 and you should buy a bike with YOUR money and get into the sport yourself and your parents should not stop you. plus tell them your being actice and not being a lazy fata** playing video games all day. thats worse for you cause it frys your brain!!

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:52 Quote
Bob4apples wrote:
You should not ride DH. It's seems you don't have the balls for it. Stay on the XC stuff.

Stop trolling.

Honestly, if you want your parents to let you do it, find a friend that can come over and convince them its safe, and that they don't want you to be left at home while they're all having a killer time. With proper protection and precaution, you'll be fine

tup

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:55 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Bob4apples wrote:

Stop trolling.

Honestly, if you want your parents to let you do it, find a friend that can come over and convince them its safe, and that they don't want you to be left at home while they're all having a killer time. With proper protection and precaution, you'll be fine

tup

Stop whinning - eh!

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 20:57 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Bob4apples wrote:

Stop trolling.

tup

Are you the Burnaby Stalker?

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 21:01 Quote
Bob4apples wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:
Bob4apples wrote:

Stop trolling.

tup

Are you the Burnaby Stalker?

... There's a tab called " Forum " on the top, and on the right side there is a list of recent activity threads, I click that.

I'm not whining. And I don't say Eh, so you can drop that anytime now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013739
Mobile Version of Website