Powered by Outside

"All Mountain" forks with 20mm axel... what are my options?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
"All Mountain" forks with 20mm axel... what are my options?
Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:23 Quote
Knowing the frame would help. But for $500? Plenty of used 36s and Lyriks in that range, its a no brainer. If you want something new and a little unique, the X Fussion Vengences are like $450 and I have heard great things about them. No personal experience though.

I would stick to these 3 for that kind of budget.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:26 Quote
X-Fusion forks are really nice! The only one I've ridden was attached to a Big Hit I borrowed over a long weekend, but I was thoroughly impressed with the fork and shock, (both X Fusion).

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:28 Quote
When it comes to suspension, I personally think its a good Idea to go new. Too many unpredictable and pottentially expensive things with a used fork (unless you can tell its mint). I would go with a new X-Fusion over a used 36.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:30 Quote
new xfusion would be uber cool, vengence RC would be more than enough for your purpose, and they are fairly light at 5 pounds even for a 36mm stantioned fork Razz

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Knowing the frame would help.

'08 Titus El Guapo is what I'm building up. I'll have to take some pics... this is literally the pic from the ad:

photo

I don't mind watching the classifieds for a month or two to find the right used fork, but I agree with you that buying used can make more problems than needed. I already knew about the Fox pinch bolts causing the lowers to crack, something that makes me not 100% sold on just going with a used Float or Talas. I'll have to look into the X-Fusion forks, see if people are liking them and if they are durable and holding up well.

Posted: May 7, 2011 at 6:12 Quote
mcburtonsoft wrote:
If weight isn't an issue, a 2006 Marzocchi Z1 with ETA wouldn't be a bad choice. I see them kicking around pretty cheap and have a fair amount of travel and ETA is nice for climbs. I own one and I'm quite content with it.

How come you can post in here, but ignore my messages about where my fork is, that i sent you $350 for?

Posted: May 7, 2011 at 7:31 Quote
hawley wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:
If weight isn't an issue, a 2006 Marzocchi Z1 with ETA wouldn't be a bad choice. I see them kicking around pretty cheap and have a fair amount of travel and ETA is nice for climbs. I own one and I'm quite content with it.

How come you can post in here, but ignore my messages about where my fork is, that i sent you $350 for?

ohhhhh busted....Cop

Posted: May 7, 2011 at 8:48 Quote
Hawley, have you reported him in the correct thread?

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 13:30 Quote
awesome... drama!

what? there's no popcorn.gif smiley on PB??? Pirate

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 21:26 Quote
hawley wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

Check your inbox.

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 22:50 Quote
mcburtonsoft wrote:
hawley wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

Check your inbox.

I think he would rather hear, "check your mail box."

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 23:13 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:
hawley wrote:

Check your inbox.

I would love to say that, although some of us lack the power to teleport objects so he'll have to wait for Canada Post to do their job. Thank you very much.

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 17:14 Quote
mcburtonsoft wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

Check your inbox.

I would love to say that, although some of us lack the power to teleport objects so he'll have to wait for Canada Post to do their job. Thank you very much.

im willing to bet 20$ they lost it 2 cents

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 7:17 Quote
what about rockshox domain 318. 160 or 180 travel. great fork at reasonable price. just set n go.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
key word, all mountain, 180 is a little much, but seeing as its a el guapo, its a 160mm travel frame, god work

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014745
Mobile Version of Website