Powered by Outside

Question About Componentry on Complete BMX's (page 3 update)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Question About Componentry on Complete BMX's (page 3 update)
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
Kasperln wrote:
Get the WTP envy, eclat parts are really good salt are decent aswell WTP frames also have nice geometry they just tend to feel small so make sure you dont get a too small size Smile

i'm gonna order the envy today. was going to get the 20.75 as i'm 5'10" but wondering if i should go the 21.25. we're talking half an inch in the top tube here right? maybe i should go the larger size? i have been riding hardtails for a lot of years after all.......

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 16:24 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
Kasperln wrote:
Get the WTP envy, eclat parts are really good salt are decent aswell WTP frames also have nice geometry they just tend to feel small so make sure you dont get a too small size Smile

i'm gonna order the envy today. was going to get the 20.75 as i'm 5'10" but wondering if i should go the 21.25. we're talking half an inch in the top tube here right? maybe i should go the larger size? i have been riding hardtails for a lot of years after all.......

im 6ft 1 and had the 21.25, personally its too long but its personal preference, i ride a 20.75 and a 21.1 atm and my shorter frame feels better

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
dammit! just tried to call to order my envy and the shop is closed on mondays! still undecided on top tube length...

Posted: Jun 5, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
sj99 wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
sp33dyboy wrote:

i guess you can argue between both of them, its pretty much what company you like more:L
sunday+odyssey
or
wethepeople+eclat
Yeah they're about the same. I like both. I'd prolly take the Sunday though since I'm a total Sunday fanboy XD I'm the first to admit it

dont get me wrong sunday and odyssey are shit hot, i run there parts but u have to admit only the higher end sundays are worth the money
Well yeah, but the envy costs
At least as much as the high end sundays, so he coulda picked either one lol.

And dude, get the 20.75. 21.25 would be way too long for you at 5'10.
I went from a 20.75 to a 21, and it felt about a foot longer. Lol I'm 6 foot by the way

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
Well im 6'5 and i rock a 21.3 vultus 9'' bars and a flipped stem and it feels perfect for me, but at ur height the 20.75 would make sense i believe but in many cases its a matter of taste if you have some friends who BMX then try their bikes that would help you alot Smile

But if i was as tall as you id still go with the 21.25 for easyer barspins and stuff like that Smile

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 5:07 Quote
Kasperln wrote:
Well im 6'5 and i rock a 21.3 vultus 9'' bars and a flipped stem and it feels perfect for me, but at ur height the 20.75 would make sense i believe but in many cases its a matter of taste if you have some friends who BMX then try their bikes that would help you alot Smile

But if i was as tall as you id still go with the 21.25 for easyer barspins and stuff like that Smile

but some people i ride with rock a 20.4 frame at 6ft and they can barspin piss?, its all what u get used too and what u feel comfy on

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 5:37 Quote
sj99 wrote:
Kasperln wrote:

but some people i ride with rock a 20.4 frame at 6ft and they can barspin piss?, its all what u get used too and what u feel comfy on

As i said in many cases it's matter of taste

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
fark it's hard to believe 12.5mm could make that much difference. if i hadn't been riding hardtails so long i'd go the 20.75 straight up, just worried about being cramped. either way i'm ordering it in a couple of hours so i'll have made a decision by then

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 16:25 Quote
have a look into united completes too, they do good stuff for the money.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 16:41 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
fark it's hard to believe 12.5mm could make that much difference. if i hadn't been riding hardtails so long i'd go the 20.75 straight up, just worried about being cramped. either way i'm ordering it in a couple of hours so i'll have made a decision by then
It really does. But you can get used to anything, so just go with whatever you want

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 16:52 Quote
You can't get used to a frame thats too small Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 16:57 Quote
photo
I ride a envy 21.25 tt I'm 6.3 and it feels good to me. The frame has sort of a low stand over but I got used to that, the 2011 envy is probably the closest you can get to a custom complete in a
complete bike. The wtp/eclat parts spec is all after market parts my local bmx shop carries(circuit bmx). Good
luck with the bike, and have fun with it.

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 17:42 Quote
i decided on the larger frame but they don't have any of the larger envy's left anywhere so i'm goin with a fly montana and agua fork with the full envy build kit. the shop i've decided to go with just called me back though and said they're feelin lazy and can give me a fly custom complete for the same price. it will come with:

Bars: Fly Bikes Montana
Stem: Fly Bikes Media
Headset: Fly Bikes
Grips: Fly Bikes Ruben
Cranks: Fly Bikes V2
Sprocket: Fly Bikes Circulo
Chain: Inox
BB: Fly Bikes
Pedals: Fly Bikes Ruben Graphite
Hubs: Cinema Tungsten Wheelset
Rims: Cinema Tungsten Wheelset
Tires: Fly Bikes Ruben Ligera 2.25 front, Fly Bikes Ruben Ligera 2.15 rear
Seat: Fly Bikes Uno Combo
Seat post: Fly Bikes Uno

which option should i go??? help!

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
bgmullan wrote:
i decided on the larger frame but they don't have any of the larger envy's left anywhere so i'm goin with a fly montana and agua fork with the full envy build kit. the shop i've decided to go with just called me back though and said they're feelin lazy and can give me a fly custom complete for the same price. it will come with:

Bars: Fly Bikes Montana
Stem: Fly Bikes Media
Headset: Fly Bikes
Grips: Fly Bikes Ruben
Cranks: Fly Bikes V2
Sprocket: Fly Bikes Circulo
Chain: Inox
BB: Fly Bikes
Pedals: Fly Bikes Ruben Graphite
Hubs: Cinema Tungsten Wheelset
Rims: Cinema Tungsten Wheelset
Tires: Fly Bikes Ruben Ligera 2.25 front, Fly Bikes Ruben Ligera 2.15 rear
Seat: Fly Bikes Uno Combo
Seat post: Fly Bikes Uno

which option should i go??? help!
Fly cranks are horrid. Lol I'd go with the fly, but with different cranks.
Honestly though 20.75 would be perfect for you

Posted: Jun 6, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
done. getting the fly montana frame and agua fork with the envy build kit. would've liked to have the fly bars and pedals but whatever. pretty sure i'm gonna be stoked with this ride still. thanks for everyones input it was all taken on board with this decision. haha, i was gonna buy a 2011 kink apex at the very beginning

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016932
Mobile Version of Website