Powered by Outside

2011 Specialized Demo 8 or 2011 Commencal Supreme DH V3?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2011 Specialized Demo 8 or 2011 Commencal Supreme DH V3?
FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:50 Quote
marquis wrote:
makripper wrote:
johan90 wrote:
Vivid air works fine on my m frame, it just is a pita to get on
my friend had no issues getting his vivid air in his medium too.. you can't just make things up by saying they only fit on the large! haha

Why do people naturally assume that frame size would affect the size of the mounting area lol

Because of different tube lengths? On some frames it makes no differance but Ive had friends trying to mount a vivid air on a demo and while it fitted a large quite ok they gave up on the medium. Apparently prematurely but still these things happen.

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:50 Quote
photo

notice how the air shock fits, but hard to access barrel for adding air. (due to shock design)

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:52 Quote
Eek Thought the newer frames would have had more room.

photo

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:53 Quote
but off topic. either option is good. both bikes have different riding characteristics. I like the commencal but the demo was more accessable to me so that's what I went for. (I like to test ride a tonne before I make a big purchase like a bike)

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:54 Quote
makripper wrote:
but off topic. either option is good. both bikes have different riding characteristics. I like the commencal but the demo was more accessable to me so that's what I went for. (I like to test ride a tonne before I make a big purchase like a bike)

Wish more bike shops did this.

FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
Spec should defo made demos more user friendly. They are great bikes but the old offseted wheels and current problems make it annoying for a lot of ppl to own a demo. Still at least they didnt go with a new steerer standard like giant Wink

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
marquis wrote:

photo
you would think so! haha, its called the engineering : common sense ratio. tighter frame, save wait, allow for movement of the shock (with certain dimensions) as well as other cost:production:weight:consumer appeal factors

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:58 Quote
spaced wrote:
Spec should defo made demos more user friendly. They are great bikes but the old offseted wheels and current problems make it annoying for a lot of ppl to own a demo. Still at least they didnt go with a new steerer standard like giant Wink
the did in 2011. i thought for 2011 they centered the wheel to hub when they went from 135 to the 150 rear end

FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:58 Quote
makripper wrote:
marquis wrote:

photo
you would think so! haha, its called the engineering : common sense ratio. tighter frame, save wait, allow for movement of the shock (with certain dimensions) as well as other cost:production:weight:consumer appeal factors

The thing is other frames achieve similar weight and suspension quality without such problems.

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:59 Quote
spaced wrote:
makripper wrote:
marquis wrote:

photo

The thing is other frames achieve similar weight and suspension quality without such problems.
look closely at the frames and you will see more problems that you initially thought

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 7:00 Quote
photo
tell me how this is better?

FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 7:01 Quote
makripper wrote:
spaced wrote:
makripper wrote:

look closely at the frames and you will see more problems that you initially thought

What frames? Other ones? None of my frames had shock learance issues. All but the first one was lighter than the old demo and as light as the new one. That is one of the reasons why Im so happy with my legend - I have no issues at all. Everything fits and lasts. Its the first bike in a long time that gives me zero worries.

As for the supreme - I dont know it is a new frame and we are yet to hear about any issues. Personally I dont like commencal that much. They had quality issues in the past so Im sceptical.

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 7:01 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00HMGtwYQhYmkP/Original-2011-Mondraker-Summum-PRO-Team-Mountain-Bike.jpg

FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 at 7:03 Quote
makripper wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00HMGtwYQhYmkP/Original-2011-Mondraker-Summum-PRO-Team-Mountain-Bike.jpg

Why do you post random frame pictures? As far as I know none of my friends had shock, hub, fork issues with the mondraker.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015237
Mobile Version of Website