Powered by Outside

Best 7 inch mini DH bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Best 7 inch mini DH bike?
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 4:00 Quote
If you are coming off a hardtail then any 7" freeride bike is going to change the way you ride. Go with whatever you have your mind set on and you will love it. I have an SXT myself and cant speak for the TR250 although I would like to try one out. The SXT can handle pretty much anything my DH sled can although not quite as fast throught the full on gnar. It is the funnest bike that I have ever ridden. Here is mine.

SX Trail

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 4:47 Quote
If the 250 rides anything like the 450 but a bit more jumpy it will be awesome!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 at 21:13 Quote
GIANT FAITH 0 VS. SPECIALIZED SX TRAIL 2 (high end model)

I have a 2011 Giant Faith with a Totem and it is a great bike...It is good for dirt jumping and drops and all around it just feels good....I actually ride a little street with it when the girl is on my STP and I have no problem with the weight...For a 37 lb bike is is easy to play around on...

The SX trail was the bike I originally wanted but it felt a little loose and squishy to me when jumping....The SX trail did handle the DH a little better when I rode it...It seemed to corner a little easier and felt lighter than my Faith on trails...The faith has a single front ring and no front der. which I like more than the SX and the Totem fork which is my favorite....

The Cold Hard Facts from a Giant Owner....

-SX trail has better components and the Quality control from Specialized at least this year is way better. The rear suspension is way more plush than Giant...Shorter rear Chain stay length makes the bike more maneuverable on trails.

-SX has better wheels if you buy a complete....I like the Gravity crank on SX or the Race Face on Faith. SX has an XO short cage rear Der. which is 10x better than my shitty X9 long cage...Giant uses a RS Vivid rear shock which is not as nice as the Fox DHX

-Specialized is overpriced a little in my opinion but you are getting some nice stuff.

-Specialized wont warranty a frame if it breaks

-Giant looks better in Green this year than Specialized white and blue/black

-If you have a Faith 0 and an SX trail 2 (the high end model) for the same price go for the Giant if you jump and drop stuff and beat up bikes....SX trail If you bomb mountains and trail ride.

-My opinion, buy a Giant Faith frame and build it with all the components you like...Hope this insight helps

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 at 8:13 Quote
HighPOWERED wrote:
SCOTT VOLTAGE FR!!! Seriously, great bike.

+1 on the Scott Voltage FR

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 18:33 Quote
problem is, half of these bikes are not in any bike shops for me to see

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 18:51 Quote
look on their websites

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 23:44 Quote
I would encourage you to create a spreadsheet with all the data including specs, geometry, price and warranty and compare side to side. Personally, I think the Scott Voltage Fr is a great choice and super adjustable to take on the personality of whatever riding you want to do (dh one day, dirt jump the next).. and inexpensive. For the price of the Sx Trail, Scratch, or Driver8 you could buy two of them and then have a spare bike for your friend to ride. Also, watch some Coastal Crew or Fastfokus videos and see how many Scratches they're riding Smile The Tr250 will be indestructible and is probably the most ideal Whistler bike. The Faith is an oversized BMX and sounds good for the kind of riding you've described. The Reign X is probably the bang for the buck if you want the best balance between price, versatility, parts specs, sophisticated suspension (VPP), and lifetime warranty. Or the Sx Trail if you want to spend a bit more.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:07 Quote
Ever consider a Bullet? Thousand bucks gets you a brand new frame. Thats a steal.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:14 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Ever consider a Bullet? Thousand bucks gets you a brand new frame. Thats a steal.
it would if they still made it...

I'd get a TR250 or Faith

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:22 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

I'd get a TR250 or Faith

I second that motion just rode a scratch and it wasn't dh ready enough for me. It seems dope on the freeridey stuff but not much on the DH when the tr250 does both

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:26 Quote
Rippinp1 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

I'd get a TR250 or Faith

I second that motion just rode a scratch and it wasn't dh ready enough for me. It seems dope on the freeridey stuff but not much on the DH when the tr250 does both
especially after I saw a guy at northstar with his second broken scratch...

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:33 Quote
Everyone has broken scratches idk why. There are like 3 threads for it

FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 6:54 Quote
if you want to go down to 6" for better DJ/4x and pedalability, the Marin Attack Trail is pretty slick. I don't huck mine, so I don't necessarily need the extra inch of travel. You might though...

FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 7:00 Quote
TR250 I would go for!

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 8:06 Quote
The sx trail shits all over any bike in 6 - 7 inch freeride category. It's alot better than all the other bike's and that's before you've even taken into account the amazing spec for not alot of money.

I'd say look at the Scott voltage and intense ss but there's not really any point.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.057739
Mobile Version of Website