Powered by Outside

Women and Body Armour help please

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Women and Body Armour help please
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
Demon Flex Force Pro top. Originally designed for snowboarding but also MTB as neck brace compatable.
I wear it. Love it. Its's not too chunky. Keeps everything in and I got a small which initially feels tight but nothing moves. Wore it in Mozrine last year with no problems.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 10:23 Quote
Demon Flex Force Pro top. Originally designed for snowboarding but also MTB as neck brace compatable.
I wear it. Love it. Its's not too chunky. Keeps everything in and I got a small which initially feels tight but nothing moves. Wore it in Mozrine last year with no problems.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 19:59 Quote
Hi ladies, I'd been in a year long search for lady-part friendly gear, and recently bought the Leatt 5.5 Pro. You can't tell in the web photos, but it hinges/can bend between the plates at chest level. It was great to be able to tighten up the waist (which includes side protection), and to once not have the top of the chest gear then swing out past my chin. There are adjustable straps overtop your shoulders to pull the top plate back towards you, while the waist can be secured separately.

The only downside so far is the straps around the arms are way too big, I need to sew on velcro to allow me to wrap it around further and secure properly for the size of my arms. But I'll take that over a non-conforming plate over my chest any day.

I'm 5'5 and 145 lbs, and got a small.

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/upper-body-hard-shell/upper-body-hard-shell-adult/chest-protector-5-5-pro-hd-1031.html

O+
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:15 Quote
MelMelRVA wrote:
Hi ladies, I'd been in a year long search for lady-part friendly gear, and recently bought the Leatt 5.5 Pro. You can't tell in the web photos, but it hinges/can bend between the plates at chest level. It was great to be able to tighten up the waist (which includes side protection), and to once not have the top of the chest gear then swing out past my chin. There are adjustable straps overtop your shoulders to pull the top plate back towards you, while the waist can be secured separately.

The only downside so far is the straps around the arms are way too big, I need to sew on velcro to allow me to wrap it around further and secure properly for the size of my arms. But I'll take that over a non-conforming plate over my chest any day.

I'm 5'5 and 145 lbs, and got a small.

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/upper-body-hard-shell/upper-body-hard-shell-adult/chest-protector-5-5-pro-hd-1031.html

Thank you for the information MelMelRVA!

I have had problems with other armour, where the chest and/or spine portion rides up and hits my helmet or digs into the back of my head. This was without the addition the neck brace.

The Leatt 5.5 Pro sounds like what I'm looking for! I don't mind doing a little sewing to get stuff to fit either. I've had to do that with a few things already.

I had a nasty crash while dirt biking last October and ended up hurting my neck. So I would like to find a proper neck brace/armour combo to wear for both mountain biking and dirt biking.

Do you happen to have any photos of you wearing your armour? I'm assuming you wear it with a neck brace as well?
I would love to see how it all fits you.
(You can PM me if you don't want to post photos here)

Thanks again for all of the informationSmile

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
I am also looking for upper body protector that will work well with a neck brace and has back, shoulder, chest protection. I want to work on speed and jumping this season so would like to be prepared for some inevitable mistakes!

Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 8:29 Quote
I wear a Troy Lee Design's youth UPS 7850 which has been brilliant for me.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy-lee-designs-youth-ups-7850-hw-ss-shirt/rp-prod82723]

Neck brace compatible (I think). Not had to use it yet, but I crashed in the Alps last year and broke some ribs, so armour with rib protection was high on my list. I wasn't wearing any at the time so wanted something light that I could wear all day. Look at the reviews on CRC, pretty much all by women!

I also have some Dianese hard shell armour which fitted me just fine (5"5 and size 8 ) - I don't use it anymore and I don't do anything crazy (sold my DH bike a few years back). It's the same as this - http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Dainese-Manis-Performance-Jacket_82938.htm?sku=272765&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9r7JBRCj37PlltTskaMBEiQAKTzTfJhKzawJpvihcJKg9_yOiJxMbOdd9vH65FtrYmgilHUaAt6H8P8HAQ]

I don't use it anymore if anyone wanted to take it off my hands, don't want a lot for it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
iwantapinkbike wrote:
I have been riding the gnarly shore for 3 years and not once had any injuries that wearing chest armour could have helped. That being said everyones ride is different, everyones trails are different. One thing that I always do, that has maybe saved my torso without me knowing is riding with a backpack. I use it mostly for tools water helmet ect.

One thing you mentioned was wanting to protect your back. When my pack dies I will be looking into a back protecting backpack from EVOC It seems like it would be less bulky and give you that extra bit of confidence knowing your back is more protected. I'm not saying this is the best solution but it makes a lot of sense to me Smile

yea, I had a friend do that and one of his bike tools went through the back pack and into his lung. So, yea... maybe a back pack with spine protector should be on the list...

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 2:28 Quote
Not sure on woman specific body armour but I’d definitely say go for it saved me for a few nasty crashes. I would avoid plastic on the front though because when I crashed once the plastic actually scraped me up although it did save my ribs from being broke, so I guess swings and roundabouts. If it’s just back you are looking for I’d look into either some poc stuff or and evog bike back with integrated protector

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019080
Mobile Version of Website