Powered by Outside

Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:33 Quote
lol, this is a good one, so i walk in to my lbs and i start looking at some ht bikes and feeling out their weight and siting on them, just getting a feel, and i put them back very nicely and neatly, then i go to a short travel fully and start feeling them out and then i eventually get to the long travel fully which are around $3000 in price and the guy who has just been standing there watching me comes up to me and asks me to get off the bike and leave, and i asked him why and he says, you arent buying a bike, you look too young and look like you dont have any money, i just said to him buddy you just lost about $2800 in sales in that 20 second sentence, i ended up buying a demo 8 the next week, i was about to buy one from his store, but that comment just turned me right off and pissed me off to the max, meanwhile to whole time i was there his half-retarded son is sitting on a bike spinning the cranks backwards and shifting gears while sitting stillReally Mad

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:36 Quote
nickf wrote:
when a shop owner says they don't carry simano ultegra pedal (i road bike also), because he thinks they aren't professional enough for the usual people who come to his shop. "dura-ace and and campi is what we are all about..."

is that what you think he thinks or he actualy verbalized it because maybe he just doesnt have a supplier that he can get the pedals through and isnt going to go through all the trouble of getting a new supplier just to sell you $50 worth of pedals or what ever it is.

and i dont think they should kiss our feet either.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:43 Quote
I had a really bad experience today. I went into the downtown shop (which is more expensive and snottier than my favorite shop, but it's on my way home) because my bars slipped and rotated on my tiny kid bike, and it's so small that my knees started to hit the bars. I went into the back, where the service dept. is, and I asked the guy if I could borrow a wrench real quick to fix my bars. He came over to my bike with a couple of wrenches and he goes "hold the bars," forcefully. I went ahead and did it, and he proceeded to violently tighten my stem. I still needed to rotate them forward again, so I said "actually, I need to loosen that to rotate my bars forward," and he responds by bawling me out. He goes "what the f*ck, man? Where's your f*cking brain, man? Is your mind in your pocket?" and he jumps on my bike and starts loosening the bolts. It takes him a while and finally we get it figured out, and finally I get to leave! I hate that guy. So much.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:44 Quote
blaisepage wrote:
lol, this is a good one, so i walk in to my lbs and i start looking at some ht bikes and feeling out their weight and siting on them, just getting a feel, and i put them back very nicely and neatly, then i go to a short travel fully and start feeling them out and then i eventually get to the long travel fully which are around $3000 in price and the guy who has just been standing there watching me comes up to me and asks me to get off the bike and leave, and i asked him why and he says, you arent buying a bike, you look too young and look like you dont have any money, i just said to him buddy you just lost about $2800 in sales in that 20 second sentence, i ended up buying a demo 8 the next week, i was about to buy one from his store, but that comment just turned me right off and pissed me off to the max, meanwhile to whole time i was there his half-retarded son is sitting on a bike spinning the cranks backwards and shifting gears while sitting stillReally Mad

this is precisely what im talking about they should give us good service not hard time even if they think we just looking on there expensive merchandise!!!!!

i was at a mx bikes and atv shop and they enjoy when a customer check there bikes and seat on them.

if they dont want you to seat on it they put a sign on it which sey please dont seat on

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:00 Quote
Ive been going to my local bike shop for about 5 years now. Ever since i used to go there with my friends or by my self, the owner would just follow us around the store and look at everything we picked up and looked at, as if we were gonna shoplift or something. I guess i don't look like someone who has alot of money and weres nice clothes, but i don't give a f*ck about that. I work for my bike and get nice parts and all for it. and until recently,about 5 years later, i get the respect that i have deserved mainly because i have tooken my bike to the shop to have parts installed because i don't have the tools to put them on myself. So i guess what im trying to say is that, some shops wont give u the respect you deserve unless you start going there regularly and spend some of your money with them, which i don't agree with. I think they should give u respect from day one, whether your an average joe or some old guy.Smile

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:03 Quote
hahah heres a story that really pissed me off.

i got a flat no big deal.
so i go down to the shop with my bike cuz the whole tire had goat heads so i thought it would be funny to go up to them and ask why my tire was flat because they are a touring/road store. so the guy at the register was a guy that i know and had ridden with before. so he gos ya ok itll be like 8 bucks for a tube. and i was like o ok fine and he goes do u want me to put it on. seeing as i just ran down there from a session at our jumps i was just like sure cuz i wanted to get back riding. he goes back into the shop and it took him over 20 minutes. i can change it in 10 or less. so i was really pissed so i go back there and the manager who is on his ass in the back goes hey kid get out of here. so i get out some 30 plus minutes later the guy comes out and rings me up. the price. 30 f*cking dollars. for a new tube! and labor. i was like ay wat the hell why so much and hes just like labor. so i had to pull my food money out and pay. it rediculous how they milked me. i have never been back in there to spend a dime. its sad how little respect you get for being young.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
Ive been going to my local bike shop for about 5 years now. Ever since i used to go there with my friends or by my self, the owner would just follow us around the store and look at everything we picked up and looked at, as if we were gonna shoplift or something. I guess i don't look like someone who has alot of money and weres nice clothes, but i don't give a f*ck about that. I work for my bike and get nice parts and all for it. and until recently,about 5 years later, i get the respect that i have deserved mainly because i have tooken my bike to the shop to have parts installed because i don't have the tools to put them on myself. So i guess what im trying to say is that, some shops wont give u the respect you deserve unless you start going there regularly and spend some of your money with them, which i don't agree with. I think they should give u respect from day one, whether your an average joe or some old guy.Smile

ya at my local shop they thought i was just a spoiled little shit...
but now they think im like a god cuz i bring my bike in there and show them pictures of me riding. all but the owner there wants to sponsor me =[ kindof a bummer

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:12 Quote
so in the summer i was biking around town with some of my buds so we go to the lbs to take a look at the parts so we go there they are looking at the bikes and i am looking at the parts and i am by my self and the owner comes up and says can i help you and i am like i am just looking, he gives me some real evil look and tells me to leave cause i wont buy anything and i get kicked out and my freinds are still inside looking at bikes and he does not do shit so i have not went back there sence and i would not trust them with a bag of shit, you take your bike there for a tune up and they dont do anything they oil the chain and charge you 30 bucks for it

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:17 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
blaisepage wrote:

this is precisely what im talking about they should give us good service not hard time even if they think we just looking on there expensive merchandise!!!!!

i was at a mx bikes and atv shop and they enjoy when a customer check there bikes and seat on them.

if they dont want you to seat on it they put a sign on it which sey please dont seat on
I know this isnt for a bike shop but it Is kinda for one it was at a mx bike dealership. This was when I was 17. I had been pricing out snowmachines on the net and found the one I wanted and all. I called this one shop in town that deals with Yamaha. They had the exact one in at the time. I went down the next day to check it out and all that. I got there and went straight to it and did the walk around and sat on it. The guy working comes up and was like "you like it?" all rude. I was like "ya....." just about to say I'm gonna pick it up from you guys. But no he cuts me off and is like "well you should get off". I was just like "whaaaat" then he proceeded to almost yell at me saying he gets kids like me everyday in there wasting his time. I just got off and walked out. Next weekend I bought the same sled from a shop 1 hour out of town. Buddy just lost 7800 for his shop, and prolly atleast a grand commision in his pocket. Rude sucker.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
blaisepage wrote:
this is a good one, so i walk in to my lbs and i start looking at some ht bikes and feeling out their weight and siting on them, just getting a feel, and i put them back very nicely and neatly, then i go to a short travel fully and start feeling them out and then i eventually get to the long travel fully which are around $3000 in price and the guy who has just been standing there watching me comes up to me and asks me to get off the bike and leave, and i asked him why and he says, you arent buying a bike, you look too young and look like you dont have any money, i just said to him buddy you just lost about $2800 in sales in that 20 second sentence, i ended up buying a demo 8 the next week, i was about to buy one from his store, but that comment just turned me right off and pissed me off to the max
Good for you. Even if you weren't buying a bike that day, who's to say you're never going to buy one? And when you do, they think it's going to be from them?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:31 Quote
cutsz wrote:
How about dropping off your bike for what you were told would be a $70.00 tune up and picking it up and being presented with a $190.00 bill. A couple of things may have been valid but the majority were things that anyone could do in their garage. I own 3 bikes and am a definate bikeophile and spend too much money on such things, but I guarantee I won't spend another dime there.

Well it is your own dumb fault for actualy paying. You didn't authorize any of that. Either they give it to you for free or they try and dig your old parts out of the garbage (probably already at the dump) and reassemble

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:32 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
kingfisher1 wrote:
blaisepage wrote:

I know this isnt for a bike shop but it Is kinda for one it was at a mx bike dealership. This was when I was 17. I had been pricing out snowmachines on the net and found the one I wanted and all. I called this one shop in town that deals with Yamaha. They had the exact one in at the time. I went down the next day to check it out and all that. I got there and went straight to it and did the walk around and sat on it. The guy working comes up and was like "you like it?" all rude. I was like "ya....." just about to say I'm gonna pick it up from you guys. But no he cuts me off and is like "well you should get off". I was just like "whaaaat" then he proceeded to almost yell at me saying he gets kids like me everyday in there wasting his time. I just got off and walked out. Next weekend I bought the same sled from a shop 1 hour out of town. Buddy just lost 7800 for his shop, and prolly atleast a grand commision in his pocket. Rude sucker.

you should ask him outside and show him your new vehicle.

hey man i have 1 question about 1 of you snowmobike can you come putside please.

then ask him you think its mine or yours now ??????

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:36 Quote
sqrleprle wrote:
cutsz wrote:
How about dropping off your bike for what you were told would be a $70.00 tune up and picking it up and being presented with a $190.00 bill. A couple of things may have been valid but the majority were things that anyone could do in their garage. I own 3 bikes and am a definate bikeophile and spend too much money on such things, but I guarantee I won't spend another dime there.

Well it is your own dumb fault for actualy paying. You didn't authorize any of that. Either they give it to you for free or they try and dig your old parts out of the garbage (probably already at the dump) and reassemble

hah. i think i might try that......usually i just pay whatever they charge me and dont try and argue about it.. but thats a good idea

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:39 Quote
wow. maybe BC is different, but i dont have anything i hate about the shops ive been in! i wish i could name them, but the couple shops that i go in once a year or so (i live in isolation, away from the real world haha) the guys there are really nice! they totally talk to me and remember me even though i rarely go into their store. they dont care if i just hang out waiting for somebody or anything. and the store that i bought my TOP from, the owner/worker there was super nice! he talked to me about how he thought shops ripped people off unless you "knew the secret handshakes" and how he thought business should be run. all of his stuff was way cheaper then normal. generally the rule of thumb is add 100% to the manufacturer cost, but this guy only added 75% he was super nice, and swapped out parts for me on the new bike i was building and showed me some stuff. then i was out of there with a new bike just like that! and to fit the bike in the car, we needed to strap the trunk down, and he cut a brand new tube in half just so we could tie the trunk down, FOR FREE! he was so nice, he said if i couldnt get the bike on the plane for whatever reason he would drive to the airport (from north Van to richmond) and pick it up and mail it, on a weekend! he was amazing.. anyways, ive had good experiences with his shop and i call him all the time with questions. he's super cool! anyways.. that was a rather long winded speach haha.. sorry Razz

-braeden

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 22:39 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
kingfisher1 wrote:

you should ask him outside and show him your new vehicle.

hey man i have 1 question about 1 of you snowmobike can you come putside please.

then ask him you think its mine or yours now ??????
Funny thing is I was riding a local spot for sleds a while later and his son was there he was with some of my freinds hes like "oh did you buy from my dads place?" I quickly replied with "HA f*ck no"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012787
Mobile Version of Website