Powered by Outside

Riders in Loughborough - Get in touch!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Riders in Loughborough - Get in touch!
Posted: Jan 15, 2013 at 3:04 Quote
apparently the dh course in sherwood pines has gone now. if you could call it a dh course. cannock is good. bit of trek though. trying to find a new spot out of the way to start building new trails.

Posted: Jan 15, 2013 at 8:37 Quote
My plans for some trails are coming along ok it's just my field is flat so means a lot of digging Frown

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 13:38 Quote
gazsutton wrote:
juggmeister wrote:
Shepshed here. Mainly ride the Whitwick woods in the week and Cannock on the odd weekend..
think ive seen you on the whitwick/thringstone trail it was a while ago, we always use to meet at the wheel and you road past us a few times.

We ride up from Sheppy past the Monastery then down from the wood (Cateman?) at the top of Mad Mile (Swannymote Rd). Lovely little run right down to the old bombholes at the back of the Thringstone estates. Biggest problem is the mud!

I've been riding up there for 20 years so you probably have seen me! Not been up there on the new bike yet though, apart from an hour in the snow last week.

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 23:59 Quote
juggmeister wrote:
gazsutton wrote:
juggmeister wrote:
Shepshed here. Mainly ride the Whitwick woods in the week and Cannock on the odd weekend..
think ive seen you on the whitwick/thringstone trail it was a while ago, we always use to meet at the wheel and you road past us a few times.

We ride up from Sheppy past the Monastery then down from the wood (Cateman?) at the top of Mad Mile (Swannymote Rd). Lovely little run right down to the old bombholes at the back of the Thringstone estates. Biggest problem is the mud!

I've been riding up there for 20 years so you probably have seen me! Not been up there on the new bike yet though, apart from an hour in the snow last week.

O right cool. Sometimes we ride over to shepshed but we havent for a long while.

The woods are so boggy at the minute woth all the rain before and now the snow melting. We went for a snow ride the other night.
Was entertaining!

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 at 9:39 Quote
Yeah, we did a night snow ride too on Tuesday night. More grip than I was expecting!

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
I was suprised too. Just cant believe how boggy it is down there

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 9:10 Quote
It could be months before it's rideable in some of the trails. A nice dry spring would be just the ticket.

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 at 4:53 Quote
juggmeister wrote:
gazsutton wrote:
juggmeister wrote:

Me and my mate are from Coalville and been bombing round these woods since we were little kids, used to spend most evenings in the summer down the old bombholes, were out most Friday afternoons.

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 at 15:44 Quote
Wow the old bombhole days.
Many of hours spent down there. Hardly any of it is rideable now. Shame really!

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 1:06 Quote
gazsutton wrote:

Kids don't seem to go out on there bikes as much these days so most of it's overgrown

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
Darrenk81 wrote:
gazsutton wrote:

Kids don't seem to go out on there bikes as much these days so most of it's overgrown

True, soon as that tree fell across it ruined it. Suppose u gota make the best of what u got. Notice a few motorbikes around there now too

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
I think what killed it was a few locals started driving ATV stuff up there and someone pushed the trees down to stop them. Since then its grown over. I used to live about 200 yards away, was up there all the time and just had to watch it die. :-(

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 2:25 Quote
what are the woods like over there this time of year? boggy?

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 7:26 Quote
Been dry for a while but a few trees av fell and they are boggy in places still a decent ride tho

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 5:15 Quote
Anyone know any other decent places to ride within a ride of Loughborough? I've heard that there are other places not far from Grace Dieu but never found them myself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.087124
Mobile Version of Website