Powered by Outside

Need help with suspension - Injured

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Need help with suspension - Injured
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 20, 2012 at 2:43 Quote
I'm about 5'11. More like a Pitt Bull than a Horse. The Doctor I am seeing is a real PITA. Has yet to call me about my CT scan apt. to look at the hemotoma's and hips. He told me on Monday that he would let me know by the end of the day when it is set up. I called twice today and left a message. It makes sleeping not real easy and for very painful mornings. I honestly think most Dr.'s don't understand what it's like for their patients and don't live in the real world. He also told me to "Get on with my life and that broken bones hurt and he knows because he's had a broken rib." That's not real possible when I work construction and my mobility is literally at 15-20%. I asked how long recovery would take and he said it could take up to a year but everyone's different. Pretty retarded answer. Makes for a hard conversation with your boss.

I had no Leatt brace on either. I am not sure if it would of helped or not but it wouldn't of hurt. The way I hit the tree was on my side of my back more than directly on my back. I'm not sure I hit the ground before hitting the tree. I wish I had one on though. I will be getting a Leatt Moto Adventure Body Vest before winter and the interchangeable padding for Mtb riding in the summer. Watch out for tree's and don't leave your seat down.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
If your jumping at that weight you need indeed a higher spring, but you also need some better compression damping. It is the damping that will provide the resistance as the shock compresses the spring. Without that you will bottom out just about any spring.

If you lost control after the shock bottomed (looks like the forks have too) dial in a lot more rebound.

What settings do you have on the shock? high speed rebound? if not ring PUSH and ask their opinion on the spring and settings for the shock they can tune it for you for not a lot of money and will fit the right spring for your riding and weight. Its really worth it.

Please, build up slowly in your riding. Your really lucky, a broken neck, pelvis, back or whatever is way to close in those situations. Be careful brother, no prizes for hospital visits.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 19:14 Quote
here is a site that can calculate spring rate for you http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx/ but also to help with your rear shock problem... try using a higher compression so it will not go down as easy.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
If the tire hit the seat, the seat needs to be raised or moved forward. A heavier spring might also be good but it won't and shouldn't solve the hitting the seat problem. Keep in mind that there is no general rule of thumb for spring weight. The leverage raio of the specific bike is what governs what spring is needed for given rider weight.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
dfiler wrote:
If the tire hit the seat, the seat needs to be raised or moved forward. A heavier spring might also be good but it won't and shouldn't solve the hitting the seat problem. Keep in mind that there is no general rule of thumb for spring weight. The leverage raio of the specific bike is what governs what spring is needed for given rider weight.
if you take a look at the site i posted it has different suspension types so spring will vary for weight

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017338
Mobile Version of Website