Powered by Outside

DH Tyres

• Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 5:53 Quote
Ok... I still want an answer please lol, so say this track holds water but drains Goodwin the Burms and had about three rock gardens? What then? If not wetscreams then where would I use wetscreams and how would I front back???? Thanks

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 4:07 Quote
shawnryantyra wrote:
Ok... I still want an answer please lol, so say this track holds water but drains Goodwin the Burms and had about three rock gardens? What then? If not wetscreams then where would I use wetscreams and how would I front back???? Thanks

is it holding water and creating mud, also is the mud on straights or corners. If the corners are dry its probably best to go with a dry tire, given rock gardens tend to be dry or slippery rocks which as i understand for rock gardens you want more tire contact so a lower nobbed tire might be better here as well. ie a dry tire. if its loaming dirt and a little wet a pre cut spike like a hillbilly or cut them yourself will be best at least thats how I look at it.

It comes down to weighing up the areas of the track and the amount if one section si wet and the rest is dry well you would run a dry tire. If the track is dry but corners are all muddy a mud tire or a mid cut nobbed mud will be good, giving good speed and traction in the center than leaving the full length on the edge for the corners.

If it is wet in straights or less significant places and dry in corners and say wet rocks, me personally id go down the super soft compound dry tire. soft compound and closer nobs will help with the rocks and the dry corners will be good, the soft compound should be enough to get through the mud. For mud in non corner areas line choice and body weight position seems to be more important.
of course all this is my assumption. Smile

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 0:49 Quote
Ok thanks man
I have a good selection of tires just hope I can match up good for right condition. :-/
ZR4 x 3
G4 x 3
High roller x 1
Wet scream x 1
G-mud x1
That's all I have

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
I ran specialized butcher dh tyres last year and loved them, anyone got any other suggestions before I buy another set.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 15:57 Quote
Everyone I know run minion DHF on front and back.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 15:58 Quote
shawnryantyra wrote:
Everyone I know run minion DHF on front and back.
your friends are bad at picking tires then...

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 15:59 Quote
j-maul wrote:
I ran specialized butcher dh tyres last year and loved them, anyone got any other suggestions before I buy another set.
the clutch is an awesome tire if you dont mind the slightly increased rolling resistance.

I'd also highly recommend the high roller.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015770
Mobile Version of Website