7 or 8 Inch travel freeride bike?
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:36 Quote
look at the commnecal dh and mini dh
hgiant glory 8

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
hgiant glory 8

i heard from a lot of ppl that the glory 8's break a lot. they are also a little heavy (im sure uve heard that before) but commencials are nice from what ive seen. dont nkow much about em though

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:53 Quote
alinelover wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
hgiant glory 8

i heard from a lot of ppl that the glory 8's break a lot. they are also a little heavy (im sure uve heard that before) but commencials are nice from what ive seen. dont nkow much about em though
thsi what i can say about them there extremely predal effecint and there light

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:55 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
alinelover wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
hgiant glory 8

that sounds good Smile b-b-b-b-b-blindside Big Grin tup

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
alinelover wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
alinelover wrote:

that sounds good Smile b-b-b-b-b-blindside Big Grin tup
also you can speed up your geometry because of adjustable head angle woot

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 1:48 Quote
Maybe sth exotical ? I can props DC Cane Corso ( frame for 2007/2008 ). 8'' travel, vpp, dhx 5.0/isx 4/6 ... Duncon is polish company, but top frames are very good.

It's my old bike, on that frame :

photo

photo

And sth from ride :
photo

photo

Transition blindside is too good choice Wink

Sorry for my english ... I've learn this language Wink

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 3:07 Quote
try and get your hands on a bottle rocket, one of the best "slopestyle/Fr" bikes on the market right now. Yes they are over rated, but they are built for that type of riding and there is a life time waranty on the frame IIRC.Madder

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 3:28 Quote
The new demo 7 is pretty sweet it doesn't have as much travel as id like but unless ur racing at the pro level or doing massively huge drops the extra few inchs will only make u lazy.
i'm getting a demo 7 i'm a bike mechanic i have seen any demos come back broken and i know two pro riders personally who are riding them.
if i had more money id get the new v10 by santa cruz its awesome dh bike!!!

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 19:14 Quote
fortune wrote:
try and get your hands on a bottle rocket, one of the best "slopestyle/Fr" bikes on the market right now. Yes they are over rated, but they are built for that type of riding and there is a life time waranty on the frame IIRC.Madder
first of all, theyre not overrated, and second of all, theyre not 7-8 inches of travel (which is what this guys lookin for) if im not mistaken, i think theyre 5.5? idk. but a blindside is kinda a bottlerocket on steroids Smile

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 3:24 Quote
are you sure? ive heard from many people that large companies use machines to built their bikes (not meaning robots) because there is such a high demand that they cant keep up. btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both

yeah I am sure..I have friends working in Taiwan and the States in the bike industry Wink

Specialized's Demo7 certainly gets my vote...awesome rig if build from a frame upwards as a custom build

Transition have great kudos and are seen as "cool" but their frame quality, tubeset and suspension system design is primitive compared to Specialized Eek

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 5:30 Quote
yeah I'd say 7 is enough. 8 is more for a DH race bike

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 8:35 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
are you sure? ive heard from many people that large companies use machines to built their bikes (not meaning robots) because there is such a high demand that they cant keep up. btw. transition is better than specialzed coming from someone who has ridden both

yeah I am sure..I have friends working in Taiwan and the States in the bike industry Wink

Specialized's Demo7 certainly gets my vote...awesome rig if build from a frame upwards as a custom build

Transition have great kudos and are seen as "cool" but their frame quality, tubeset and suspension system design is primitive compared to Specialized Eek

thats a dirty lie!!!! or a very uncommon opinion Smile

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 9:13 Quote
aaron87 wrote:
yeah I'd say 7 is enough. 8 is more for a DH race bike

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but apparently the 7 frame is heavier than the 8, reason being that people are more inclined to race the 8, so they made the 7 beefier.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
I'd prefer to get a demo, over a blindside. The suspension is a fair bit better, on a demo. Horst link and all.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 9:46 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd prefer to get a demo, over a blindside. The suspension is a fair bit better, on a demo. Horst link and all.
have you ridden both of em? on quality riding??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015714
Mobile Version of Website