whats with all the swearing

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
whats with all the swearing
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
to me, swear words are just words. what exactly constitutes a word as bad? i could say the word gay is bad, hell is bad for being a place, fu@k is bad, or that bike is a bad word. its just some letters arranged in a way that some people disagree with. here in the US, we're given freedom of speech. and i'll use it. im now of voting age so i control as much of what goes on in the government after the next election as anyone else that can vote. if you dont like my choice of words, we were given this right because our founding fathers thought it was important not to censor its citizens.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
Words only mean something when they are given power. Bitch never used to be a bad word... but some person decided to use it in an inappropriate and perhaps derogatory way and now its a commonly excepted "swear word"

That being said... I try not to swear especially when posting in pinkbike... but in real life i'm not a good role model for not swearing. I don't know why I do it... I know It doesnt make me look cooler or tougher.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
Man here it aint that bad a forum i am Mod on i had to stop another mod from swearing at someof the kids on there, I mean seriously. We hae givern him a warning and next time he will be De-Modded

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
jonmiller wrote:

if u have a problem with it TO BAD

it is just a way to express how u fell

another classic case of the deterioration of the English language and the slow destruction of true culture.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
It was stated that the amount of swearing on the forums reflect how the people talk in real-life. I would almost bet that 50% of the people that have excessively vulgar vocabularies on this forum, in real-life they are very conservative in their language choices.

In one of my classes, some of made a flash episode (it had to be at least 8 minutes long) and the super "geeky" very "In their shell" kind of people had the most vulgar, gory, explicit, episodes.

I agree with ezekiel, if you are required to swear to get a point across, it reflect upon your intellect.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
bonfire wrote:

I agree with ezekiel, if you are required to swear to get a point across, it reflect upon your intellect.

that's half true in this case. if you need to swear to get your point across, it either means the listener is less than intelligent or is simply apathetic, Or you're just immature and unimaginative.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
bonfire wrote:

that's half true in this case. if you need to swear to get your point across, it either means the listener is less than intelligent or is simply apathetic, Or you're just immature and unimaginative.

In which case, none of those people are really worth proving a point to in my opinion.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
I don't swear much on PB, but outside of this site I swear everyday, anytime, everytime, anywhere. I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm usually not rude, and i'm not grammatically limited either. I just like to swear, and who are you to say I'm dumb, distant and trash cause of it?

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
-Miserys-Crown- wrote:
I don't swear much on PB, but outside of this site I swear everyday, anytime, everytime, anywhere. I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm usually not rude, and i'm not grammatically limited either. I just like to swear, and who are you to say I'm dumb, distant and trash cause of it?

i agree with you. i swear occasionally on here when someone makes a dumb post or calls me out. in real life, i should be sucking on a bar of soap constantly because of my dirty mouth.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
When I drop the f-bomb, it means something, because I almost never use it...

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
all these people say o i am so bad cause i swear but like evrey body swears like dads mums preps, skids, emos, ect. also swearing is not very origal

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
freerideaddictscott wrote:
why do people swear so much on pinkbike its not like the people reading arent going to get your point i think that its gay to do and theres no reason for it i just read a forum about nwd8 and theres probaly about 10000000 swear words in it

Why do you use the word "gay" as a derogatory and descriptive word of things inanimate? Why don't you use proper grammar and punctuation?

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
dowst wrote:
freerideaddictscott wrote:
why do people swear so much on pinkbike its not like the people reading arent going to get your point i think that its gay to do and theres no reason for it i just read a forum about nwd8 and theres probaly about 10000000 swear words in it

Why do you use the word "gay" as a derogatory and descriptive word of things inanimate? Why don't you use proper grammar and punctuation?

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
kona-stuffed wrote:
all these people say o i am so bad cause i swear but like evrey body swears like dads mums preps, skids, emos, ect. also swearing is not very origal

I agree with that. there is also a time and a place for swearing

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
i swear in real life and on PB, everyone at my school does it, so i thought it was cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016229
Mobile Version of Website