Specialized enduro evo or comp?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized enduro evo or comp?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
EKrum wrote:
I have not yet but I would really like to when I get the money. Or at least do something with it. When saged properly the fox bottomed out too much and too often, to harshly for me. I either have bump forgiveness or big hit forgiveness depending on how much air I use. These problems seem to get worse when I am on really long descents so I would like a shock that allows for some tuning. Not a big enough problem that I have done anything about it yet. Just something I would think about if I had the extra cash, which I never will.

just out of interest, what's your weight and what psi do you run. Also how many clicks rebound from full slow?

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 17:19 Quote
ACLakey wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-How-to-Install-a-Fox-Air-Volume-Spacer-2011.html

Use the spacers to adjust how the shock pressure ramps up to prevent bottoming. Small bump compliance is not changed due to proper sag setting, mid and top of the stroke ramp up quicker and can be tuned to prevent bottoming.

I couldn't manage to get a hold of any of these to suit CTD in Nz.

Posted: May 20, 2014 at 2:30 Quote
jskiff wrote:
Apologies for the hijacking of your post by the way Smile

No worries pretty much decided to go with the comp. this being said will the comp be suitable to replace my hardtail for xc? Or should I keep hold of it?

Posted: May 20, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
Coltonfyer wrote:
jskiff wrote:
Apologies for the hijacking of your post by the way Smile

No worries pretty much decided to go with the comp. this being said will the comp be suitable to replace my hardtail for xc? Or should I keep hold of it?

Keep the hardtail. Use it for when you feel like storming the hills.

Posted: May 20, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Spec. Rear shock mount makes after market shock super difficult to come by. CC already makes one for spec so you can order directly from them. I contacted fox to see about getting a float x but fox wouldn't provide the rear mount needed. I don't know what the prices are like over on your side of the ocean but for the cost of the Bos you may want to look into the CCDBair as well. So yah limited options for spec.

Cheers fella.

The CCDBair was another possibility I was considering Smile

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 10:55 Quote
Back to evo Enduro. If you like your downhill riding you'll love it. As for up hill if your fit its not the easiest but you will get it up hill . But why do we ride really it's for dh not up great bike but a bit heavy

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013060
Mobile Version of Website