Powered by Outside

X-Rays

• Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
did they take your pins and plates back out?

Mty expeince wasn't very pleasant but cool at the same time. I had 3 pins holding my joint together, and they left part of the pins sticking out.. and when it was time for them to come out the doctor pulled out his trusty pair of pliers and yanked them out one by one. Tonnes of blood but didn't hurt a bit.

One of my friends broke his arm a while ago, got pins put it with the end of one sticking out. It kept moving out and breaking through the cast, the doctor told his mother to take a finish hammer and tap er back in and re plaster the spot on the cast every time it happened. When it was time to get the pins out, doc just yanked er out and he didn't feel a thing.

As for me going in for surgery, it would be because my bone isn't healing. Four weeks and the bone is still in two very separate parts.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
i think you only get surgery if they cant straighten your arm out good enough, he snapped mine back in place but it wasnt good enough and it was a bad brake.

When I broke my wrist snowboarding, the doctor reset it and thought it was all good. Got the cast off and it seems as though my hand has actually healed lower than it should be (if you stick your arm straight out and give the thumbs up, it's closer to the ground). He said it won't ever heal back to 100%. Definitely should have gotten surgery. Shit happens... And that looks like it hurt hella bad.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
nope they are still in thereSmile they will only take them out if they really start to hurt from my arm growing. Its cool cuz I can feel the screws haha. But i broke my arm in hockey hitting a guy, not biking.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
I am so lucky I have never broken anything! I drink a lot of milk thoBig Grin

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
Severe scoliosis.
photo

photo

back to biking and doing fine!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012954
Mobile Version of Website