Powered by Outside

anything to see here

PB Forum :: Downhill
anything to see here
Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 20:35 Quote
I think too there is nothing wrong. I drove my Boxxer Wc 15 only a month, too and yesterday I cleaned it inside. All I could see on the dust selas and in the lubricating oil was dirt and dirt. Worst seals I have ever seen. I rode my 40 and my Dorado for months and never cleaned it and there was no dirt inside. Boxxer only one month and full of dirt. When you don´t clean it and ride with it then your fork wears, that is normal. So better every month open it and clean it.

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
Gabber wrote:
I think too there is nothing wrong. I drove my Boxxer Wc 15 only a month, too and yesterday I cleaned it inside. All I could see on the dust selas and in the lubricating oil was dirt and dirt. Worst seals I have ever seen. I rode my 40 and my Dorado for months and never cleaned it and there was no dirt inside. Boxxer only one month and full of dirt. When you don´t clean it and ride with it then your fork wears, that is normal. So better every month open it and clean it.
a month of riding shouldn't wear though the anodizing... I rode my bike all summer at a park and with 10 days at whistler without servicing it and it's fine. The fork is now two years old and going strong.

Even manufacturer maintenance guidelines dont say for service more than once a month...

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 2:21 Quote
Gabber wrote:
do you realized the fact that the fork have less than a month, only 3 rides, and it's wearing off the stanchion? plus it's really strange that the dirt can wear off the stanchion so quickly. maybe a bushing is bad fitted and they don't wan't to accept it...
it's really bad that your fork have dirt inside with a month, This is another reason of a fault by Sram...

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 4:32 Quote
taz46 wrote:
Gabber wrote:
do you realized the fact that the fork have less than a month, only 3 rides, and it's wearing off the stanchion? plus it's really strange that the dirt can wear off the stanchion so quickly. maybe a bushing is bad fitted and they don't wan't to accept it...
it's really bad that your fork have dirt inside with a month, This is another reason of a fault by Sram...
I think there wasn´t a seal bad fitted. The fact is that the seals aren´t sealing enogh. My seals were fitted correctly and in the fork there was too much dirt. You say it isn´t normal that the stanchonis wear so fast, so take a of dirt on your finger and grind it a few times over the stanchion. You will see that your stanchion wears. I think we have to bear in mind that the Boxxer is a very cheap fork and for this money the yhave to lower one's sights.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 4:39 Quote
Gabber wrote:
taz46 wrote:
Gabber wrote:
I think there wasn´t a seal bad fitted. The fact is that the seals aren´t sealing enogh. My seals were fitted correctly and in the fork there was too much dirt. You say it isn´t normal that the stanchonis wear so fast, so take a of dirt on your finger and grind it a few times over the stanchion. You will see that your stanchion wears.
i said bushings,not seals. i had a Boxxer 2014 and i never had any problem with it, and the boxxers use the same seals i think.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 6:08 Quote
ah ok, yes I see. But the bushings have nothing to do with it I think. The most dirt in my fork was next to the seals. The seals push the dirt against the stanchion and then it is wearing off. That´s normal and the reason is imo only bad seals. In the dirt you have little stones and when your fork compressses many times it always wears off the stanchions´ coating as the seals are pushing it against the stanchion. Take some dirt with little stones on you finger and grind it hundred times over your stanchion. What you´ll see is that the stanchion is wearing off. What I don´t understand is why there wasn´t the problem with the previous forks.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 6:32 Quote
Gabber wrote:
ah ok, yes I see. But the bushings have nothing to do with it I think. The most dirt in my fork was next to the seals. The seals push the dirt against the stanchion and then it is wearing off. That´s normal and the reason is imo only bad seals. In the dirt you have little stones and when your fork compressses many times it always wears off the stanchions´ coating as the seals are pushing it against the stanchion. Take some dirt with little stones on you finger and grind it hundred times over your stanchion. What you´ll see is that the stanchion is wearing off. What I don´t understand is why there wasn´t the problem with the previous forks.
I don't know, rockshox said that the seals are good, and the dirt entered with external influence.Facepalm
but later they said that if the fork lose grease since the first day i had to send because it's a bad seals, so i used it and no warranty is available. Facepalm they are contradict themselves...
It's really bad to care the costumer like this, and it's worst when i call the Sram Germany service center, and tell them that i'm really angry, that's not posible to refuse this and if they don't solve i'm going to denounce them, and they act like if i was kidding...

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 18:02 Quote
Hey I just sent mine into rockshox with the EXACT same type of wearing on the coil side stanchion. I only had three rides on the fork and there was absolutely no oil coming out of the fork! It just started to feel sticky and I stopped riding immediately. wish me luck, hopefully they make this right.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 18:25 Quote
ghammack wrote:
Hey I just sent mine into rockshox with the EXACT same type of wearing on the coil side stanchion. I only had three rides on the fork and there was absolutely no oil coming out of the fork! It just started to feel sticky and I stopped riding immediately. wish me luck, hopefully they make this right.
they will

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 1:43 Quote
So, any updates on that one? What happened?

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 7:27 Quote
It took three weeks and they replaced all the broken parts but there was no communication on rockshox end. I was told I could get my fork back between 1 and 6 weeks and I should just wait til I see it arrive.

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
Hey everyone I have a question about my 15 boxxer rc as I may need to have it replaced through Warranty as well. I've had the bike for a month (2015 wilson xp) and love it however the fork WILL NOT go through full travel and I'm only getting maybe 5 to 5.5 inches of travel no matter what i ride. Even after moderate sized drops the red ring is barely halfway up the stanction. I went from the red to yellow spring bringing me just under 25% sag w only 1 click of LS compression and I don't believe I have ever seen the red travel indicator ring past halfway. Being I got it new I doubt it's due to maintenance neglection so would you say this would be a valid case for having it replaced under warranty? Or does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the fork to not use its full travel?

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
Loosen the top clamp on the left hand side and remove the black cap. This will let the spring come up and you can compress the fork with your hand see if the spring is broken binding ect. If it still only goes halfway it could be a long list of things. Mine did that when I broke the plastic damper.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 1:15 Quote
Happend to my boxxer team 2015 as well but it was beacuse it legs was completley dry and as you after a month... what can i say fu*kkkk rockshox ans their shitty warrenty

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
That's a pretty cut and dried warranty issue, i dont know how you guys arent getting them warrantied. I've seen the same thing warrantied here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013918
Mobile Version of Website