Marzocchi 380 Master Thread

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 380 Master Thread
Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 16:45 Quote
Also I live in the Philippines and I only reach them thru emails but no luck.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 2:51 Quote
I have a 380 ti and it seems to be topping out since I adjusted my settings. The settings I currently have are 14 clicks out on low speed rebound and compression and 7 clicks out on high speed compression and rebound. My forks came with a 6.5 Spring but I put a 7.7 Spring in, not sure if this is part of the problem due to valving. There is also a squeaking sound when it tops out. This is on on the flat, but happens when bunny hopping. I'm about 82kg without kit. It gets better with turning the dial in on high speed rebound but it's slowing the fork too much. Would adding oil help with this issue?

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
My roomate bought a 2015 380cr, there's so much they've improved.

But all dampening just gave up second ride, I'll let you know how warranty goes.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 17:48 Quote
fork just came back from warranty at fox, they said the damper could not be fixed and was replaced.

it came home, was reinstalled, my buddy got a couple squishes in and then rode a long wheelie.....came down from the wheelie made a loud pop and back to square 1, no damping, no compression or rebound lol.

that was one tense call to fox!

Basically fox techs don't know what they're doing yet, or theres a load of defective parts that were offloaded in the sale

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 8:14 Quote
Anyone know the size of the top cap? I want to change my spring but its bigger than the 32mm socket I have.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 8:19 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Anyone know the size of the top cap? I want to change my spring but its bigger than the 32mm socket I have.
its a 33mm

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
jewpowered wrote:
fork just came back from warranty at fox, they said the damper could not be fixed and was replaced.

it came home, was reinstalled, my buddy got a couple squishes in and then rode a long wheelie.....came down from the wheelie made a loud pop and back to square 1, no damping, no compression or rebound lol.

that was one tense call to fox!

Basically fox techs don't know what they're doing yet, or theres a load of defective parts that were offloaded in the sale

Hello!

How dit it turn out in the end? Or is the fork still away for service?
Does Fox at least honor warranty without too much headache?

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
The lowers were defective causing the mounting surface for the damper to be crooked, side load forces and binding caused failure.

Fox sent out a replacement upgrade, 380 c2r2ti as they didn't have spare lowers.

So a pita, but worth it

Posted: Apr 3, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
jewpowered wrote:
The lowers were defective causing the mounting surface for the damper to be crooked, side load forces and binding caused failure.

Fox sent out a replacement upgrade, 380 c2r2ti as they didn't have spare lowers.

So a pita, but worth it

Ok, This sounds good in my opinion. Upgrading from 380 CR to C2R2Ti. Even if that surely involved some wasted time and nerves in service.

Enjoy! Would like to know how the 380 Ti rides, even if my primary interest is not DH. But you never know..

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 12:35 Quote
mark3 wrote:
sorry for the late reply,
fork weight seems accurate, the 380's are light. very plush as well, bit too soft for my liking so I had mine custom tuned
j-tech set my forks up with 300ml of oil on the spring side to help with the ramp up, seem to work well so far,
the spring swap is easy to do, though I would recommend facing off a six sided socket so it's flat on the end as the alloy fork spring cap has a shallow hex on it and a normal socket could damage the hex if you are not careful with it

Do you think the oil compensates for putting in the heavier 6.5 spring? I'm 150lbs on the 2014 380, and even though the suspension feels amazing, it's a little too supple (the preload is cranked almost to the max).

Posted: Apr 9, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
For reference, as I couldn't find the info anywhere. My 2014 yt tues pro LARGE has a 7.7 (x-firm) titanium spring fitted as standard in the 380 c2r2. I was expecting to find the medium in there, so no need to buy another one now!
The rear shock has a 275.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 18:18 Quote
Anyone have a video/instruction on doing an oil change on the 380? I

I removed the preload side spring with a 33mm socket (couldn't figure out how to remove the top cap but the socket was deep enough to leave it on). Is there anything special to take out the C2R2 side or can you just use the socket to that the unit out and do the oil change? Figured I didn't have to separate the stancions/lowers to do the oil change but any tips/help would be appreciated!

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 13:04 Quote
mark3 wrote:
sorry for the late reply,

j-tech set my forks up with 300ml of oil on the spring side to help with the ramp up

Do you know much air volume was left compared to what Marzocchi specfied (60mL)?

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 7:36 Quote
no idea at all on the air volume, the forks ride alot better now though

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 6:50 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
For reference, as I couldn't find the info anywhere. My 2014 yt tues pro LARGE has a 7.7 (x-firm) titanium spring fitted as standard in the 380 c2r2. I was expecting to find the medium in there, so no need to buy another one now!
The rear shock has a 275.
EDIT I had also read a lot about an elastomer limiting the last few inches of travel. I had no such thing in my fork. With the spring removed and the topcap/adjuster refitted, full travel could be obtained.

Interesting, I would like to see the inside of the spring leg and the top cap, if you have it apart.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022600
Mobile Version of Website