Powered by Outside

Upgrading...

• Next Page
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
Yeah your frame has disc mounts. But as far as I can see, the hubs haven't. If they do, there will be six holes on the non drive side. I'd still look at the dirt jumper 3's and loose your front brake, then you could upgrade your rear brake and pads.

Have you considered single speed? Its cheap, yet it looses weight and makes jumping so much cleaner.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
Think it should work if you click the red cross

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
Yeah mate I looked.

If that was me, I would get

Marzocchi dirt jumper 3 forks, no front brake for now
Avid single digit rear brake.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
Joeyy wrote:
Yeah your frame has disc mounts. But as far as I can see, the hubs haven't. If they do, there will be six holes on the non drive side. I'd still look at the dirt jumper 3's and loose your front brake, then you could upgrade your rear brake and pads.

Have you considered single speed? Its cheap, yet it looses weight and makes jumping so much cleaner.

I haven't actually as i use my bike for normal riding about aswel but am use to single speed because i use to have a BMX. Thats just wear you lose the gears right? How do you change it and whats it like?

I probably will get rid of the front brake once i get the DJ 3'S (if i do). I'll have a look for the six holes tomorow but the new forks are starting to sound like a good idea.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
diAblo93 wrote:
Joeyy wrote:

I haven't actually as i use my bike for normal riding about aswel but am use to single speed because i use to have a BMX. Thats just wear you lose the gears right? How do you change it and whats it like?

I probably will get rid of the front brake once i get the DJ 3'S (if i do). I'll have a look for the six holes tomorow but the new forks are starting to sound like a good idea.

Yes single speed, you just get rid of all the cogs, and buy one cog and some spacers, it will ride alot nicer. Pretty much everyone on here runs single speed.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
Yes single speed, you just get rid of all the cogs, and buy one cog and some spacers, it will ride alot nicer. Pretty much everyone on here runs single speed.[/Quote]

Cool thanks for your help, will post bikes once its all changed.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
diAblo93 wrote:
Yes single speed, you just get rid of all the cogs, and buy one cog and some spacers, it will ride alot nicer. Pretty much everyone on here runs single speed.

Cool thanks for your help, will post bikes once its all changed.[/Quote]

there's a lot more to going Singlespeed than a cog and some spacers! Stick with your gears if you only have 80 squids!
You will need:
SS kit ($25 can.)
1/8 pitch chain ($15-$40 can.)
Possibly new rings ($30-$50 can.)
Chain tensioner/locked out derailleur ($20 can approx.)

stick with the new fork. Even then, you'll prolly end up spending a fair bit.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
going ss cost me bout £33

fire eye ss converter kit - £13
gusset backelor ss tensioner - £10
tools - £10
dont need a new chain or anything else (reccomended by my lbs if its in good nick)
seeling the gears and deralier and front brake - ?

being able to do it again and learning how to do it - FREE

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
you can just use the cassette, shorten the chain, and the only thing to buy is a tensioner. I did that w/ my previous trials bike. Then, I could move gears with my hand if I wanted to change it up. The surly tensioner is what I had, that way you can move the roller side to side, enabling use of the cassette idea.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
wheels and fork first.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Definatley.

And pedals would be a good idea:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=563

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009454
Mobile Version of Website