Powered by Outside

Trails not showing on Ride Planner

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trails not showing on Ride Planner
O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
sMACkaddict wrote:
this seems to be happening for some riding areas near me, I do not think they were added recently.

Same here in Massachusetts. Can see the trails on the regular map but as soon as I try to plan a route, they disappear and I can't create anything.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
sMACkaddict wrote:
this seems to be happening for some riding areas near me, I do not think they were added recently.

Same here in Massachusetts. Can see the trails on the regular map but as soon as I try to plan a route, they disappear and I can't create anything.

What region/ridearea are you try to plan the route in?

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:
sMACkaddict wrote:

It was Beaver Brook North in Waltham, Massachusetts.. and of course, i just checked again and NOW it works. Really could have used it this morning. Had to stop ever few minutes to check my phone..

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

It was Beaver Brook North in Waltham, Massachusetts.. and of course, i just checked again and NOW it works. Really could have used it this morning. Had to stop ever few minutes to check my phone..

Same problem here for San Elijo Hills, CA. Added a small connector (Junipero Connector Trail) a couple days ago and still doesn't show on Route Planner.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
Dalrohrer wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:

Same problem here for San Elijo Hills, CA. Added a small connector (Junipero Connector Trail) a couple days ago and still doesn't show on Route Planner.

Just updated the region.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Dalrohrer wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

Just updated the region.

I guess i dont understand. This trail system has been in trailforks for at least a year(probably more). Is it possible the day I attempted to create a route plan was the day before they updated the app to include it in route planner?

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:
Dalrohrer wrote:

Just updated the region.

I guess i dont understand. This trail system has been in trailforks for at least a year(probably more). Is it possible the day I attempted to create a route plan was the day before they updated the app to include it in route planner?

I manually update the routing maps in the area. The routing maps are different then the standard maps you see when looking at the region.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:

Just updated the region.

I manually update the routing maps in the area. The routing maps are different then the standard maps you see when looking at the region.

ah i see. so if we see an area that is not in the route planner, we should report it here?

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 10:21 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

ah i see. so if we see an area that is not in the route planner, we should report it here?

They do update on there own, it is just not instant.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:

Seeing the same thing today with the most popular trail in the boston area. How do I get to it show in Route Planner?

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
fmradio516 wrote:
markholloway wrote:
fmradio516 wrote:

Seeing the same thing today with the most popular trail in the boston area. How do I get to it show in Route Planner?

The route planner is in need of a major rewrite from the ground up. It is not perfect atm and we are aware of this, Trevor hopes to find some time this year to rewrite it. I manully updated the region and it looks like it worked.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
The route planner is really good at the moment.

However, I posted an issue in the Trailforks app section about getting an IQ! error on the Garmin devices when we try to open the Trailforks Garmin companion app in order to navigate the routes.

I got sick of stopping all the time to use my phone to navigate. The Garmin expense will be a waste if it isn't resolved.

The error turned up mid February & has not been addressed. It will be useless if not resolved.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
Having a similar issue as has been reported a few times recently, trails are not showing in the planner for the central and Western parts of Connecticut.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Scotty878 wrote:
Having a similar issue as has been reported a few times recently, trails are not showing in the planner for the central and Western parts of Connecticut.

Thanks

Scotty, who is in your avatar with the scott jersey on?!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
Same for the "Thisted" area in Denmark. Seems the routing area is somewhat busted Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019810
Mobile Version of Website