Powered by Outside

Formula Hub Caps

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Formula Hub Caps
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
I am looking to try to find end caps that could change a QR 135 to 150 TA on what I believe to be Formula hubs. Anyone else try this?

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
LeonidasSpartan wrote:
I am looking to try to find end caps that could change a QR 135 to 150 TA on what I believe to be Formula hubs. Anyone else try this?

I actually need to convert the other way, rear wheel from 142mm TA to 135mm QR. Would you be willing to sell me your end caps, assuming they're the right ones and in working condition?
My wheels are Niner branded, but I believe it's the same Formula hub.

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
So I had this exact issue a couple of days ago after getting so angry at buying caps that don't work I took the sram torque caps on a date with my grinder and now fit perfect

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Anyone know where these are in stock now??

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
Anyone want to get rid of their torque caps for formula hubs? I got non torque cap and want to switch. Anyone interested in trade?

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 20:09 Quote
Just in case anybody is still unsure: I just installed Salsa part # HU8880 (Yes, the one with the confusing product name "Salsa End Caps 142mm Thru Axle for Front Conversion Hub"), as recommended earlier in this thread, and they are a perfect fit to put the stock wheel from my Kona Process into a new Fox fork. But I neglected to account for the fact that the forks have different minimum rotor sizes, so now I just need a different brake adapter to make the brake fit my rotor.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
Switched from a 2020 Rockshox Revelation to a Marzocchi Bomber keeping the original Formula hub.

HU8880 Salsa End Caps 142mm Thru Axle for Front Conversion Hub $24.95 CAD worked with the Marzocchi.

Not sure the size I removed will look up to put in resell post

O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 17:22 Quote
I have the same issue as above. Cannondale Moterra came with RS forks that I would like to switch out to Marzocchi Bomber. I purchased the HU8800 adapter as recommended above and this is not the solution for me. The end caps are not threaded to fit over the outer axle the end caps thread onto and way too wide. I have searched the Cannondale Specs and the only information I can find is that the hub is a Formula 15 x 110. There are no numbers on the hub to reference.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 22:12 Quote
Some pics of the parts?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2023 at 9:34 Quote
barp wrote:
Some pics of the parts?
I just took some photos but I do not know how to upload. Help?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
OK, This geek figured it out!Eek
The first photo is the Salsa HU8800 End Cap. (It is not threaded and will not slide over the axle sleeve/spacer whatchamacallit) I appreciate any help!
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 6, 2023 at 13:47 Quote
The formula hub is not the formula that makes brakes and suspension, and as far as i know they don't have that

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
Well, I don't think I've ever seen that hub before so I can't offer any off-the-shelf part suggestions.

You could probably have a machinist make you threaded end caps that would fit your fork, but the cost would probably be similar to the cost of a whole new wheel.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
2023 Kona Process 153 29 - stock build upgraded to FOX - Formula Hub Caps - SRAM Torque Caps

Stock build - upgraded to

Fox 38 15QRx110 / GRIP2 / 51mm
Fox DHX + coil

I'm new to this thread - I found out mid build that Fox does not play nicely with the formula hubs and SRAM torque caps on the 2023 Kona Process 153.

I used the link below - and paid an arm and leg for shipping to Canada BUT the adaptors arrived and the fork is now on the hub - appears to work well. See the attached photo.

https://northwestbicycle.com/products/salsa-end-caps-142mm-thru-axle-for-front-conversion-hub-hu8880

photo

The Shop that put my bike together was The Lift in Port Moody BC

https://theliftportmoody.ca

If I was to do it over... not sure I'd have chosen the same parts. It all looks sweet now.

Posted: Mar 23, 2024 at 7:34 Quote
I'm looking to go the opposite direction. I could use a set of torque caps for my formula hub (DC-711). The bike came with a rochshox fork and standard end caps. Let me know if anyone has them.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017385
Mobile Version of Website