Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 FAQ

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Jeffsy 29 FAQ
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
The Fidlock water bottle system also fits the jeffsy, there's photos on their instagram.

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
nelsti wrote:
The Fidlock water bottle system also fits the jeffsy, there's photos on their instagram.

Added. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 19:50 Quote
On the topic of plus tires, for my 2018 AL 29 I have a set of 27+ 35mm rims with 3.0 NN front and 2.8 NN rear that I run without issue. Plusomeness

Also, from Goldfly post...
β€œOn another note, I believe I have solved my creaking issue that has haunted me for months. It absolutely sounded and felt like the BB... but I was still convinced it was the cassette. Finally took apart and scrubbed the cassette, paying close attention to the points where the steel and aluminum segments connect. Added just a tiny dab of grease in the groove where they slide together and the bike is much quieter (for now).”
Update from eThirteen: If you are getting creaking.. 95% of the time it is due to the bushing on the end of the xd driver, it needs to be pulled off greased inside and outside.

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Just to add that the "Absolute Black Race Face Oval Cinch Boost Direct Mount Traction Chainring" (30T) fits my 2018 Jeffsy 29 AL without grinding. Chain line looks good to my untrained eye.

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
zimm17 wrote:
Just to add that the "Absolute Black Race Face Oval Cinch Boost Direct Mount Traction Chainring" (30T) fits my 2018 Jeffsy 29 AL without grinding. Chain line looks good to my untrained eye.

My absolutblack boost oval 32t works too .

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
nelsti wrote:

Which model/size?

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 15:36 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
2. OneUp Components Cinch Oval Chainring BOOST (3mm offset) - incompatible. Grinding in high gears.

No problems here with grinding in any gears with the OneUp Cinch Oval Boost. Maybe because I'm using their switch system? On my 2nd ring now and it feels great. 30 tooth.

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 19:36 Quote
zimm17 wrote:

Which model/size?

the 450 bottle.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 1:23 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
For 2016-2017 bikes, stock Rockshox Monarch's were being shipped with 3 progression bands. Removing one or two of these bands helps with harshness considerably.

My 2018 Jeffsy 29" CF came with 4 bands from YT shippingbox . I did remove 3 and only use 1 in monarch. Like it more this way. Im not a heavyweight dude and dont like high jumps type trails Wink

photo

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 7:35 Quote
mv70 wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
For 2016-2017 bikes, stock Rockshox Monarch's were being shipped with 3 progression bands. Removing one or two of these bands helps with harshness considerably.

My 2018 Jeffsy 29" CF came with 4 bands from YT shippingbox . I did remove 3 and only use 1 in monarch. Like it more this way. Im not a heavyweight dude and dont like high jumps type trails Wink

photo

Do you ride it like that?

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 7:52 Quote
Do you ride it like that?[/Quote]
pics from when i just did it. Do keep bands on outside damper if I change my mind later .
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 11:45 Quote
From YT

2018 Jeffsy AL 29 Headset Specs are as follows:
Upper Cup: ZS44 28.6mm,
Lower Cup ZS56 40.0mm

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
awhite76 wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
2. OneUp Components Cinch Oval Chainring BOOST (3mm offset) - incompatible. Grinding in high gears.

No problems here with grinding in any gears with the OneUp Cinch Oval Boost. Maybe because I'm using their switch system? On my 2nd ring now and it feels great. 30 tooth.

+1

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 5:13 Quote
Finally got my hand (broken wrist unfortunately) on my Al Comp. As I will have some time before I can ride, I thought I might as well proactively sought out some of the common issues reported.

I want to add to the grease in the frame link bearings. I don't want to risk damaging my bike, so do I need to get hold of a press tool like that in the link (along with relevant bearing attachments) or is there an alternative?

I've never done frame linkages myself before, but want to start now. Looking at the exploded diagram, I'm guessing I will need three different bearing size push adaptors????

http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/products/tools/bpet.html

FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
Rance wrote:
Finally got my hand (broken wrist unfortunately) on my Al Comp. As I will have some time before I can ride, I thought I might as well proactively sought out some of the common issues reported.

I want to add to the grease in the frame link bearings. I don't want to risk damaging my bike, so do I need to get hold of a press tool like that in the link (along with relevant bearing attachments) or is there an alternative?

I've never done frame linkages myself before, but want to start now. Looking at the exploded diagram, I'm guessing I will need three different bearing size push adaptors????

http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/products/tools/bpet.html

No need to pop the bearings out. Use a dental pick to remove the bearing seals and pack with grease.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016053
Mobile Version of Website