New Generation Shimano brake levers I spec EV backwards compatible?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
New Generation Shimano brake levers I spec EV backwards compatible?
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
doing the same with new slx brake lever (7100) with xt shifter M8000 with a shorter bolt Smile
thanks for the idea

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
Is the shorter bolt method working out for all of you that have done it after some rides with that set up?

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Grilledcheesetriple wrote:
Is the shorter bolt method working out for all of you that have done it after some rides with that set up?

Always been absolutely fine

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
Grilledcheesetriple wrote:

Always been absolutely fine
Thank You for this info!!

FL
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
Any idea if something similar would work for XT 12 speed ispec EV shifter mating to SRAM Code RSC brake. Curious if you could mount directly to the silver female piece of matchmaker. Wolftooth and Problem Solvers have nothing available, however I heard matchmaker 2.2 may work as the slots of ispec II and ispec EV are the same. Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
cezellion wrote:
StevieJB wrote:
Ok so received new SLX levers today & happy to report no adapters needed I Spec 2 shifters bolt straight up to the new I Spec EV brakes. The only modification required is a slightly shorter bolt to attach the shifter than is supplied with I spec 2 shifters.

photo

StevieJB I arrived at the same solution, including shorter bolt and washer, before reading this thread and after trying a range of other whacky, ineffective ways of attaching spec 2 shifter to spec ev brake...a lot of cursing shimano...cursing in general...pleading phone calls to local shop techs...and scouring wolftooth’s and problem solvers’ respective websites. I found that this solution works and that neither wolftooth nor problem solvers (nor any Chinese version on amazon/ebay) makes a shift mount to attach spec ev brakes to spec 2 shifter. Vice versa, yes. But not older shifter to newer brake. Why not? Perhaps because it is not necessary... given that it’s technically possible to attach the two without an adapter. Glad to find I wasn’t alone in trying this attachment solution.

As for the durability, functionality of this method I will find out today as I have not ridden yet with the new brake. I’ll let you know how sturdy everything feels after riding today.

My setup actually is:
Brake lever (Saint M820) - I-Spec B
Shifter - I-Spec II
+ problem solvers rematch 1.2.

Do you know if i change to I-spec EV shifters i can use that Problem solvers rematch adapter on it? Or i'll have to buy the Wolftooth?

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
Ok so received new SLX levers today & happy to report no adapters needed I Spec 2 shifters bolt straight up to the new I Spec EV brakes. The only modification required is a slightly shorter bolt to attach the shifter than is supplied with I spec 2 shifters.

photo

I assume that you had to remove part of the i-spec 2 assembly to get the shifter to work with the I spec ev brakes. It's hard to see in the pic but I'm imagining that the curved tab that used to go inside of the brake clamp on i spec 2 is removed. Is that right?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 2:07 Quote
Hi Guys,
anyone of you know if Shimano also changed that square screw nut they used in the I-Spec II towards the new I-Spec EV? They look quite the same.
I am missing that nut (Ha) and unfortunately the EV spare is nowhere in Europe in Stock.
So i was thinking about trying the Spec II part since they look the same

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
heylo234 wrote:
Hi Guys,
anyone of you know if Shimano also changed that square screw nut they used in the I-Spec II towards the new I-Spec EV? They look quite the same.
I am missing that nut (Ha) and unfortunately the EV spare is nowhere in Europe in Stock.
So i was thinking about trying the Spec II part since they look the same

im in the same boat. Please let me know if you figured this out..... if that ispecII integration nut works with ISPEC-EV

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
StevieJB wrote:

photo

Hey there,

Could you confirm if your shifter is iSpec 2 or iSpec B? I’ve just bought an iSpec 2 Slx 11 spd shifter with the hope of fitting them to the new Slx brake levers. I can’t see how it would work without getting giggy with grinder..

Cheers

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
theirons wrote:
StevieJB wrote:

photo

Hey there,

Could you confirm if your shifter is iSpec 2 or iSpec B? I’ve just bought an iSpec 2 Slx 11 spd shifter with the hope of fitting them to the new Slx brake levers. I can’t see how it would work without getting giggy with grinder..

Cheers

That's an ispec 2 shifter and an ispec ev brake. Just like the OP said this works fine as long as you swap out the bolt with a rotor bolt. Otherwise the longer bolt will hit your bars when tight.

If you are missing the hardware you just need to find this -

https://www.performancebike.com/shimano-xt-m8000-ispec-ii-integration-bolt-unit-y01u98060/p530816?gclid=CjwKCAjwkoz7BRBPEiwAeKw3qz1D7nKaIf8o5WWideQzIwGdhelANkuxD8VUx-3kF0xiAYb4XYrapBoCVVMQAvD_BwE

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
Can anyone confirm if the new slx/xt 7/8120 levers are backwards compatible with i-spec b shifter pods?

This is the dilemma I have

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
Saint b shifter and ev xtr coming soon

Posted: Dec 29, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
My I spec II SLX shifter looks completely different than the shifter used as an illustration in this post. There is absolutely no way to fit it.

This mod only works for XT I spec II shifters

Edit: maybe also other shifters. But definitely not with an slx i spec II shifter

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020132
Mobile Version of Website