Powered by Outside

NOBL or We Are One

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
go-fast-turn-left wrote:
I have a pair of the TR37's with i9 hubs and they're awesome! Can't say that I'm pushing the limits enough to notice minute differences, but the wave profile of the rim looks really cool! Got the Nobl's because my friends were riding for them and nudged me in that direction, but totally would get them again in a heartbeat.

When comparing the little details, both have bomber warranties for the original purchaser so not much difference there, unless you want to consider the warranty to the second owner, which in that case WA1 wins.

WeAreOne are also made in Canada unlike Nobl’s, so another win in my books!
Support 100% Canadian made!

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
Can anyone comment on compliance of nobl tr37 vs wao union? Which one would feel more comfy per se. Any experience?

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
I just purchased We Are One (Union) rims with I9 Hydra Hubs and I love ❤️ them! I had also looked at the NOBL rims but the deal breaker was in the manufacturing! NOBL carbon rims are NOT manufactured in Canada! They are made overseas and then sent back to Canada to be BUILT at their warehouse in Squamish! We Are One carbon rims are both manufactured & built in Canada at their warehouse in Kamloops, BC. That means they are truly ‘Made in Canada’ not like NOBL rims that should read ‘Built in Canada’. That is misleading to say the least, IMHO. WAO rims offer a lifetime warranty - no questions asked! To see them is a thing of beauty & speaking with any of the staff at their Kamloops office will tell you how much passion they have for what they do! I vote We Are One carbon rims hands down and my numerous riding buddies do, too!

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
Sharkon wrote:
I just purchased We Are One (Union) rims with I9 Hydra Hubs and I love ❤️ them! I had also looked at the NOBL rims but the deal breaker was in the manufacturing! NOBL carbon rims are NOT manufactured in Canada! They are made overseas and then sent back to Canada to be BUILT at their warehouse in Squamish! We Are One carbon rims are both manufactured & built in Canada at their warehouse in Kamloops, BC. That means they are truly ‘Made in Canada’ not like NOBL rims that should read ‘Built in Canada’. That is misleading to say the least, IMHO. WAO rims offer a lifetime warranty - no questions asked! To see them is a thing of beauty & speaking with any of the staff at their Kamloops office will tell you how much passion they have for what they do! I vote We Are One carbon rims hands down and my numerous riding buddies do, too!

NOBL has a life time warranty too, but I think if you break a few they start to pro rate the warranty. Where as WeR1 will continue to replace the rims without even questioning it.

I have two sets of WeR1's myself, for me the actual rim being made in Canada instead of assembled in Canada was the deciding factor.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
I agree with supporting Canadian companies. Manufacturing overseas isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the company (both Canadian) still honors the warranty.

The deciding factor for me was much less patriotic.. Nobl offered custom colored stickers. - yes I am an adult and I like things color matched.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
I love my NOBL wheels, they're the only set of carbon hoops I've ridden and owned.. so I'm a little biased but a whole season of riding and smashing into them, they're still solid and feel great! also look great!

Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
I have a WAO rear and it is has been indestructible, also no pinch flats. I've cased a badly built double at almost 30mph a few times (my friend cased the same jump and destroyed his alloy wheel) and had some nasty rock to rim strikes. Pretty sure Ive saved money because I havent had to replace a dented alloy rim or any sliced up tires.

I chose it over NOBL because the lead time was way less and they had a coupon code. Unfortunately both charge a fortune for shipping.

I would probably choose WAO again just because I'm not a fan of Light Bicycle who makes NOBL, they are a pretty shitty company that blames customers for "riding on rocks" with their MTB wheel instead of honoring warranties and I've seen someone who got threatening emails from them after posting a bad review. If Light Bicycle cares so little about their own customers I doubt they care about NOBL's.

I dont care that much that the wheels are made in China and NOBL seems to have good customer service, I just don't want to support a company like Light Bicycle and I don't have a lot of trust in anything coming from them.

Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
I have a set of NOBL TR32s on my Epic Evo - I'm very happy with them and definitely would recommend. Great build quality, customer service, and seems like they can take more abuse than the bike in its current configuration. I also have a set of WAO Revive's on the way for that bike that I'm excited to compare against the TR32s.

Ultimately my plan is to put the TR32s on my Stumpy Evo for my local trails that aren't very rocky but have some chunk, keeping the stock Rovals for proper chunky days and/or backup if the experiment goes off the rails.

Will be interesting to see how they hold up, but the customer service and build quality give me enough confidence to give it a shot, which may say something useful for this thread.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
I have a set of Industry 9 Trail 280 24H on my Spur, which are made by WAO. They have been nothing but a pleasure to ride, and I ride hard!

Although I have Tannus XC inserts, the ridefeel/compliance is noticeable. They certainly don't keep my bike from holding a line through the rocky tech I love to ride. And they don't feel too stiff!

photo

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
ctrenz wrote:
Any more thoughts on NOBL? How compliant are they? And any experience with the warranty?

These wheels are very compliant. I’m running these wheels on an EVIL Weeckoning LB with inserts. It feels great on berms and it’s not too stiff. I’m sure WAO are great but really like the look of the TR 37 over WAO. Also, runnimg it with i9 Hydra. Great combo imo.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
jaydela wrote:
ctrenz wrote:
Any more thoughts on NOBL? How compliant are they? And any experience with the warranty?

These wheels are very compliant. I’m running these wheels on an EVIL Weeckoning LB with inserts. It feels great on berms and it’s not too stiff. I’m sure WAO are great but really like the look of the TR 37 over WAO. Also, runnimg it with i9 Hydra. Great combo imo.

Update on the Nobl vs WAO debate. I am a Nobl wheel set owner who went through a broken rim warranty with them. Their policy is to just mail you a rim and let you figure out having it built and the other associated parts. Everyone who has had a warranty experience with WAO had a full wheel shipped to them right away while their broken one was in the mail on the way back-- at most a 3 day turn around from Kamloops.

I know who I will be buying wheels from in the future.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Same as last post. NOBL TR37 broke on a square root at high speed. They were really fast at sending out the new hoop after just sending them photos of the crack. But yeah, I had to pay for new wheel build at shop with new spokes, nipples, etc. Ended up costing somewhere around $300. Their warranty paperwork about how you build the wheel is so rigorous that there is no way you can build it yourself and not void the warranty. For example, they require the high end spoke tension meters and expensive tools. You are basically forced to have a good custom wheel builder do it.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
rockdocjayhawk wrote:
Same as last post. NOBL TR37 broke on a square root at high speed. They were really fast at sending out the new hoop after just sending them photos of the crack. But yeah, I had to pay for new wheel build at shop with new spokes, nipples, etc. Ended up costing somewhere around $300. Their warranty paperwork about how you build the wheel is so rigorous that there is no way you can build it yourself and not void the warranty. For example, they require the high end spoke tension meters and expensive tools. You are basically forced to have a good custom wheel builder do it.

$300 to build a wheel? And you supplied the hub and rim?

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
go-fast-turn-left wrote:
Update on the Nobl vs WAO debate. I am a Nobl wheel set owner who went through a broken rim warranty with them. Their policy is to just mail you a rim and let you figure out having it built and the other associated parts. Everyone who has had a warranty experience with WAO had a full wheel shipped to them right away while their broken one was in the mail on the way back-- at most a 3 day turn around from Kamloops.

I know who I will be buying wheels from in the future.

If it's true that WAO are replacing complete wheels just like Reserve are doing, but with a lower price point...it is truly amazing and the best carbon wheels to get.

Reserve pricing is out of control as it's pretty much +1000$ vs. NOBL or WAO (2899$ CAD a set for HD wheels).

I wish I knew this before buying my set of NOBL TR41 a few weeks ago. I still love them and the looks are incredible but I know it will be a mess to have another wheel built if I ever manage to break a rim when it's completely free with WAO/Reserve.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
OK, so I confess I don't know what I paid exactly, but I do know that is was $120 for the wheel build, and I had to buy new spokes/nipples even though my existing ones were fine, and I supplied the wheel and hub.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011713
Mobile Version of Website